“Good motel at a low price”

Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I chose this motel because it fits all the necessary standers amd provides free parking for the duration of my trip. When I staid there last year there was a problem as they were in the midst of an extensive remodling. I survived that stay and now find the hotel to be in top noch shape When their own shuttle was not available they promptly took care olf my needs with help from another motels shuttle. I noted that my room had all new bathroom fixtures. Everything was spotless clean. Why pay much more at Hilton when you can get top service at Red Roof? It may not be a resort hotel but who needs one at an airport

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank greier

Reviewed 22 August 2010

I've traveled to Florence, KY on business many times and this Red Roof Inn is the best I've ever seen. I had the opportunity to speak with the owner when I was checking out this time and he told me he also owned a Homewood Suites and a La Quinta in the area. I'm a Hilton Honors member and this Red Roof equaled many of the Hilton's I've stayed in. Don't be fooled by the Red Roof Inn name. The owner definitely has upgraded beyond the standard.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DigiTEK
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We started staying at this Inn when it first opened several years ago and are always greeted very respectfully upon arrival. The manager tries hard to make sure we get our favorite room each time we stay there.

They offer free breakfast each morning, along with a daily paper. There is coffee, as well as other hot drinks and juice available around the clock. There is a microwave in each room also.

We have always felt very safe at this Inn. We have never had any issues whatsoever with security, inside or out in the parking lot.

We brought our granddaughter and her small dog this past weekend, and the staff was very accomodating to both of them.

If you are in this area, this is definitely a hotel I would encourage you to stay at!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kerryinohio
Reviewed 6 July 2010

The hotel was being renovated when we arrived but we didn't hear any noise or experience any inconvenience from the renovation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They quickly switched our room when the non-smoking room we had reserved had a very strong smoke smell. The hotel is in a good location and convenient to the highway. There are several restaurants close to the hotel. The breakfast is a standard continental breakfast but it was good. Our big complaint was the walls and floors were paper thin. We could hear our everything our neighbors said. It was as if they were standing in the room with us. It sounded like an elephant was stomping on the floor above us. We asked the staff about it and they said that "Yes, the floors and walls are very thin." The other issues we had was the light coming in the room at night. The curtain and the door both let in light at the top, bottom & sides. Our second night we put towels everywhere and that helped some with the light but didn't help with the sound. If you are a very sound sleeper and light doesn't bother you then this hotel would be a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The rooms were being renovated with elegant touches like granite counters, nice fixtures, and warm furnishings. The walls weren't white (but not loud either.) The checkin/checkout service was efficient and friendly. We stayed here only 1 night on our way out of town for its convenience to the airport, but it was worth a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CosmicFlyer
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I stayed with friends at this hotel for two nights. If you were blindfolded and taken into this hotel, you would never know that it was a Red Roof Inn. The quality of the rooms is far above what you usually find in an economy hotel. The room we stayed in on the first floor had very high ceilings, upscale granite bathroom, hidden microwave and fridge - it's tucked away in a cupboard and very restful bedding. The staff was very accommodating for a couple of things we needed. They also acknowledged you when you passed them with a good morning or evening or hello. You can't go wrong if you stay at this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank georgiaboy31015
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Not your typical Red Roof Inn........granite in the bathrooms and 'breakfast room'; new beds; staff and ownership highly invested in providing top notch service that is often not found at the larger hotels. The price and location end up being bonuses. As someone who travels extensively for business and pleasure this is one of the best values I can remember in a hotel in years. Do I like the 5-star, can't pamper enough hotels? Of course I do......but when the time and budget do not allow it........this is by far the best I could hope for but really beyond anything I would ever expect.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business