“Good Value”

Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 December 2013

On the surface, it looks nice. Bed was comfortable, furnishings updated, wifi decent, daytime desk clerk was great! I really want to like this place. I stayed here when it was a Clarion, and can say it looks much better, but when you look closer, it starts to be not so good.
To begin with, there is no elevator. Thank goodness there was a first floor room available because I had a TON of stuff and would never have been able to carry it all up the stairs. I know the hotel can't really help this, but it might be an issue for some.
The cleanliness of the room looks good at first glance, but you didn't have to look far before it gives up its secrets. The fridge was not very clean; like it had been sorta cleaned, but not very well. The shower head had what looked like black mold on it and needed a serious shot of bleach cleaner. I had to move the bench away from the wall, and the amount of dust on the carpet told me how long it had been since that part of the carpet saw a vacuum. And worst of all, there were disgusting gross stains on one side of the desk lamp shade, which had been turned to face the wall so you wouldn't see it...which we didn't until the morning we left. There had not been an attempt to clean this shade, it just got turned to the wall. None of these issues were visible at first glance, but it made me wary of how "clean" this room really was below the surface.
Smaller room issues were a fridge that sounded like a freight train, and no clock in the room except the one on the microwave.
Of the rest of the hotel, breakfast had some decent offerings- eggs, sausage, waffles-, but be sure to get there early, because you have to hunt someone down to get anything refreshed. Coffee was always empty, utensils, cups, lids, milk, cereal...if it ran out, no one replaced it, you had to find someone and ask them to. Oh, and if you are not a smoker, don't plan on using the ladies bathroom just off the lobby; apparently this is the employee smoking lounge. I walked in on the overnight front desk person enjoying her smoke in the handicapped stall. Smelled so bad I couldn't use it, then I got to enjoy the smell of the smoke that lingered on my clothes. But going outside was no better, since the "smoking bench" was quite literally 4 feet from the front door.
Even knowing these things, I might in a pinch stay here again, since it was cheap and close to where we needed to be, but if I can find another place in my budget, I will. For the price I paid I'm not expecting four stars, but I DO expect clean, no matter what I pay for it.

Room Tip: No elevator in this hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Need elevator and computer for guest use. Had teams staying Friday night and young people were noisy. Ran out of some breakfast food Saturday morning before 9 AM. Good mattress. Clerk was helpful with directions.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed 1 night, got a great value. The mgr was very friendly & helpful. Great location & comfy stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is clean and well maintained. Breakfast is ok, however the front desk staff are awesome!!! Housekeeping also is wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Unfortunately we had paid for 2 nights but NEVER again!! We were in the middle of a move and decided to stay here for convenience since it was nearby. The staff treated us like we were a bother which we probably were! Walking up the stairs there was garbage on the steps, never vacuumed, the trim on the walls were filthy dusty!! I didn't really inspect the room until I pulled the sheets down for bed and there was hair and other "markings" on the sheets, I had to change the sheets on both beds and then we found a bug!! There was dust EVERYWHERE, the shower hadn't been cleaned since the place had been built with soapscum and dust!! We had to wear shower shoes! We found dirty underwear in the drawer and well we went out for breakfast because if our room was this dirty I was afraid of food poisoning!! The coffee made was mostly water and there was NO orange juice!! I understand why it was so NASTY because the staff would sit around eat pizza and watch tv. This was disgusting and I am very surprised a Baymont doesn't care about their property!! We were totally ripped off!! Supposedly it was non-smoking but it STUNK of cigs in the hallway!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best place!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family