“Not really bad, but definitely sub-par”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We usually stay at “budget” family hotels, but this was our first time at a La Quinta. This one was OK, but always seemed a step behind on some of the basics. Our room for 4 people only had 3 bath towels and one washcloth. We visited the indoor pool twice (smaller pool than most), and both times they were out of towels. There were no linens for the sleeper sofa, and when they brought them, they only brought one pillow, not two. Requests were always handled promptly and with a smile, we just didn’t really expect to have to request them. Breakfast was also lacking compared to other hotels in this price range -- food was below average at best, ran out of coffee and took a long time to re-fill, dining area wasn't very clean.

The only “serious” problem was the sleeper sofa – it was VERY uncomfortable for our young girls. Very thin mattress and hardly any top padding, so you could feel every spring. Ugh.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Burford, Ontario
Reviewed 14 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I picked up a travel magazine and found a coupon for a really great deal on the price at this hotel. We were driving back from Florida to Michigan. Check in was smooth, our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Really enjoyed my stay(s). Very clean rooms. Beds were comfy, linens were clean and neatly folded on bed on in bath. Microwave and fridge were clean and worked well. TV worked well and channels could be easily changed from either bed. Free breakfast was very good and attendant was very welcoming and kept it clean and full. She was always ready with a smile at 6am during the week! This was very appreciative.

One negative - front desk person seemed to be a little distracted each time I checked in and could not remember to fully complete my transaction. Had to remind her to write my room number on my card and to not announce it (single woman). And, it took them a week to get my wake up call correct.

Room Tip: NOTE: Even number rooms are quiter than odd number rooms.
1  Thank Debikg
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last couple of years. I like La Quinta generally because they welcome my dog with no extra fees. Other places may look like a better deal but then they attach a pet fee. In addition,. this is one of the nicest La Quinta's I have stayed at, although I recommend making a reservation as early as possible. I had to pay a little more this last time because it was a last minute reservation and they were nearly full. Still worth it though. It is only minutes from downtown Cincinnati and the airport and is surrounding by several restaurants that range from a quick hamburger to a nice steak. The staff is pleasant and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank edwardsM5009CP
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

My family & I checked into this hotel on Thursday, April 4, 2013. We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly & the mostly decent reviews. Upon arriving in our room we were greeted with a very unpleasant smell in the room & discovered stains all over the comforter, there was mold in the bathroom on the ceiling. Housekeeping came & change the comforter immediately. We weren't in our room a total of 10 minutes and left for dinner. After returning several hours later, we discovered ants in our room. They were crawling on the floor, on the bed, all over the tradh can, on the desk & even in the window seal. At this point we felt hopeless. We advised the front desk upon check out the next morning and was told, "next time let us know & we switch your room." Sorry, but if our room was that INFESTED so were the other rooms! I have shared pictures of all the above. This hotel was a complete dump! That place needs an exterminator! Had we not had our dog with us, we certainly would have checked into a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Mrsharper77
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed here overnight when I was in Cincinnati in a quilt show. The price was right ($82 for a Friday night in the king executive room) and my room was spotless. I'm a clean freak who carries disinfectant wipes with me for hotel stays and I was not compelled to wipe the room down at all. No trash laying around or dust in the room.

I liked that the parking area was well illuminated also. Water pressure in the shower wasn't the best, but that's the only negative. When I walked in, a male desk clerk was training a female and they were both attentive and nice. There were pets allowed but no "pet smell".

There was coffee in the room, along with an iron/ironing board, a large TV, microwave, fridge and the breakfast selection was good. Did not try the waffle bar but they had eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt. Did not go to gym although it looked pretty decent.

There was shopping within a mile and restaurants, which was nice. I felt safe and the staff was very pleasant. Will definitely stay here again.