“Pretty Average”

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Pretty Average”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel is OK but nothing great....

Good Points

Fairly close to shopping areas and restaurants
Quiet even though its next to the freeway
Clean
Decent size rooms
Limited bar and restaurant

Bad Points

No water in the rooms
Laundry was late and they didn't replace laundry bags
No safe box in the rooms
TV didn't work very well

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor, as we like use all feedback (positive or negative) to improve your experience as our guests. We are going through a high definition upgrade on our televisions, which probably caused your reception to be not up to standard. I apologize for that inconvenience, and hope this doesn't hinder your decision to stay with us in the future.

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

A typical US hotel. Large room with a comfortable bed. The staff were friendly but they didn't have a decent map of the area and one was pretty clueless. The breakfast was limited. It was a pretty typical US 'Continental' style with eggs and over cooked greasy bacon and tasteless pastries. I asked for OJ and never got it.

The wifi was OK not really fast enough to watch any videos on Youtube or news sites.

The sinks in the bathroom were very low. Great if you are a child but it gave me a back ache reaching that low.

It was convenient for the airport and clean, quiet and has good chain restaurants and Target, Home Depot, Best Buy close by.

Room Tip: Anything not facing the interstate
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us! I apologize for you experience in our restaurant, and will work with the Chef on some the items that are offered. I also wanted to let you know that we are going through an internet upgrade which will be completed mid-April which will increase our internet speed 10 times!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Always go out on their way to make me feel at home. Very good restaurant.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been upgraded, but stay away from the freeway side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Randy M
Thank you for your kind words regarding the restaurant and staff - I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2012

It was the nicest Hotel i have been in .It was agreat location. Lots of dinnning in the area.The pool was great. the house staff was very pleasant.free coffe in the morning. Shower was hot and hard :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay! I can't thank you enough for the kind words and will pass those along to our staff.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Got stuck at CVG airport on my way home to San Francisco from visiting the family in Boston..

Had to connect in Cincinnati between Boston and San Francisco.. Flight out of Boston was late due to thunderstorms --- so, I missed my connection and got stranded in "Cincy" as they call it.. I'm never flying Delta again -- if I can help it..

Delta gave us vouchers for an overnight stay at this place -- so it was free, and I guess I can't complain about that.. There was a shuttle that ran from the terminal to the front door, so that was convenient..

But as a San Francisco boy, I can tell you we San Franciscans know our hotels.. and this place was pretty run of the mill...

It pretty much felt like a Travelodge or a Super 8 with room service --- nothing fancy or special about the place..

The restaurant was closed when we arrived -- and room service was unavailable -- so those amenities were essentially useless.. I HATE IT when I go to small cities like this and essentially EVERYTHING is closed after 9 p.m...

Woman behind the counter was polite and said I could go over to the "Applebee's" in the adjacent parking lot to redeem the $10 Delta "Meal Voucher" we were given.. All the area restaurants accepted these vouchers apparently --- which I found kind of odd...

Obviously, were not the first planeload of passengers to be stuck in this place...

The rooms themselves weren't dirty -- with clean linen and clean towels, and the commode and shower were clean, with no roaches or bedbugs.. The staff was polite -- no one I dealt with had any attitude or condescending manners..

But, I got absolutely no sleep --- with people making noise in the hallways all the time, and noise coming from the nearby parking lot at all hours... Bummer...

At 7AM, Room Service was available, and I used my $10 Delta "Breakfast Voucher" for that before I left for the airport... A small Room Service breakfast ran me about $15 --- so the voucher didn't even cover it all as it was so expensive and I had to pony up the extra $5...

So, I got my connecting flight from Cincinnati to San Francisco later that morning and fell asleep somewhere between Western Kentucky and the Indiana / Illinois border...

When I woke up, we were over Nevada already...

Man --- I hate not getting any sleep all night....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank sanfranciscan74
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
I would first like to apologize that your stay with us wasn't a planned stay, rather than a forced stay due to a thunderstorm. As you mentioned, I can understand your frustration as to why you didn't receive any sleep while staying with us. I can assure you that we want our guests to leave 100% satisfied and well rested for their busy plans for the next day. I have reviewed our security oeprations with the front office staff so they are aware of how to handle a "noisey" guest. Please accept my apologies and wish you safe travels in the future.

MA
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I was somewhat disappointed with my stay at this Hilton. I expect more from their hotels. The whole hotel smells of smoke, and was quite noisy. The rooms were okay, but the thermostat was unresponsive. I'd go with a Hampton or Embassy Suites my next time in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PatUNH1980
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Avisor, it is greatly appreciated. We use all feedback, positive or negative, to improve our guests experience while staying with us! In regards to the smell of smoke comment, the day of your arrival we hosted an annual Holiday Party which has been a return client of ours for years. We allow them to smoke in our lounge area during their party, which is why the smell of smoke was floating into the lobby area. Although we allow smoking in our lounge area, that specific day was an extraordinary circumstance due to the amount of smokers at one time. I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

accrosstheland
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Good sized room, clean property, older Hilton. The hotel restaurant has an OK breakfast buffet – did not eat dinner there. The tv selection is the standard espn/shopping network/local network stations. Sure wish hotels would include some of the science channels. They do have pay tv. Restaurant across parking lot is OK for dinner but nothing special. Good bed. Hilton has good soap. Coffee service is a pod type machine. as noted in other reviews don't be surprised by people smoking at the small bar this is Kentucky after-all. There is a larger than normal business center with two computers and a couple of other easy chairs so you can have a small meeting if you needed to.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rockboyontheroad
Thank you for taking the time to write a review during your stay with us while visiting the Greater Cincinnati area. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us in the future!