“Not bad”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Pembroke Pines, Fl.
“Not bad”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just completed a stay of 4 nights. Hotel was Ok, typcial corporate hotel. Good location not far from the airport (15 minute drive). The excercise room was not very large 2 treadmiils, 1 eliptical machine one stationary bike. There were no other machine, just free weights. I the morning to crowded to workout.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor rooms and front of the building ( the hotel spot lights shine into the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
florence, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We would like to comment on how nice our room was. Very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The only disappointment was when we went down for dinner and a cocktail. We first entered the bar area , there were several employees at a table including the bartender, who did go back to the bar and serve us a drink. We had a seat before heading into the dining area. Then the people at the small table in bar area are having some type of an argument, it got quite loud, we decide to go head to the dining room, when those lights go out. It was still quite early, around 7:30 - 8:00 pm so not sure why it closed so early. We felt less than welcome and left our drinks and found another place for dinner. We wanted you to be aware of this as we visit this area often and did chose your hotel because of it's aminities inside the hotel. Thank you and have a nice day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Eddyville, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Hotel staff were friendly and prompt to respond to my needs. Had issues with the air in the room but it was fixed promptly. Convenient since conference was in the hotel and walking distance to several restaurants.

Bartlett, Tn, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Besides my room not smelling fresh I had a positive experience. Staff was polite and professional, service was acceptable, and meals were very good. The snack areas set up by your staff for 3 days was very nice as well, and our group always had everything we needed during our daily functions. The shuttle drivers were also very polite and professional and one in particular seemed genuinely concerned about our group having everything we needed

cincinnati
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My son is a diamond hilton honors member. He requests 2 beds when we travel.We get to the ist room and it is one queen sized bed. Desk clerk proudly announed she had upgraded him. (Didn't read the reservation) Move to Room 2 - smells like dead fish. Desk clerk says only a few rooms have the propblem- it is the city'ds problem. By the time we reached room 3 who cared?

Room Tip: low floors seem to be smelly ones.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the room you requested when you first arrived to our hotel. We do everything we can to provide our guests the room they request and are very sorry if there was any misunderstanding when you first checked-in. I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however I can empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us.
Harrisville, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were very satisfied with the accommodations. Really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The service at the main desk was very good, especially when asked for assistance in any matter. Our Hospitality Room was very well accommodated, kept clean, and when additional items were needed they were in place very quickly. Overall had a great time, and if ever in the area again, would look for your Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Corinth, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two other times previously with no issues but this time they really dropped the ball. It was our 10th wedding anniversary so we booked the king jacuzzi suite. Upon arrival we were told that the room was not ready. Granted we were 30 min before regular check in time. However, I had spoke to the manager earlier in the week and she told me that there should not be a issue with a little earlier check in. The front desk girl two- wayed on her phone to housekeeping that we were there ready for check in and the room was still dirty. She told me that the room would get cleaned now and offered two bottles of water while we waited. So an hour went by and 3 more calls to house keeping. (I only know this b/c we were sitting in the lobby and could hear this happening.) So now that it was 4pm, one hour after normal check in, we ere still sitting in the lobby. Not a great start to a 10 yr anniversary. So we went back up to front desk and asked how much longer they thought it would be. We were stopped and cut off by a lady that was on two way again with house keeping. I heard housekeeping flat out say they knew nothing about the room. Then I asked her how that could be when i have heard the front desk people themselves call. She got very rude and said, I just found out about this and I know nothing more about it. At that point my husband looked at me and said "we can go anywhere to get crappy service for allot cheaper the 179.00." I went ahead and cancelled that reservation at that point. The rude lady was happy to see us going. From one business women to another I would think that you would value having a customer and would at least try to compensate not be completely rude. I will say that I stay at allot of Hilton and Marriott hotels. Due to that service I think we might just be staying with Marriott at this point. Might as well cancel my Hilton honors club too. Very disappointed. Hopefully the management will read this and actually care more then the "front desk manager" cared since she was the rude one that did not care that we were leaving.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamieandAlonzo
Hilton87, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I truly apologize that you had to wait a long time to check-in. I can assure you that it is very rare for us to have such delayed check-ins, however; I can very much empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area