“Freddie's Experience”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Florence
Delsanco, United States
“Freddie's Experience”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was disappointed in my visit to this Hilton. Within minutes of my check in to freshen up (wash my face) my sink was clogged. As I laid down to take a nap after traveling all day, I noticed my linen wasn't clean; there were stains on the sheets. Also, the toilet was backed up the first night. During my previous stays at Embassy Suites and other Hiltons in the New Jersey and Atlanta area, I didn't encounter this type of service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

As HH members and Hilton Grand Vacation Club owners, I booked here expecting more from a Hilton. The staff was friendly but there was heavy smoking on the 1st floor of building C. Small TV, no mini fridge, large, no frills, Holiday/not Hilton quality room. Will try Doubletree next time.

Stayed February 2014
Erlanger, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My daughter and I chose this hotel for 2 reasons. We are brand loyal to the Hilton hotels and we were able to use our loyalty points. The front desk seemed distracted, our room faced a wall, was next door to storage, and across from conference rooms. The noise level in the hotel was terrible. It was full of kids that were allowed to run the hall, stomp on the floors, etc. until after 2:00 a.m. Nothing was done about it. What was supposed to be a restful and happy mother/daughter weekend...was anything but that. At check out nothing was asked about our stay, etc. The staff just seemed to have a very uncaring attitude. If the noise and kids were getting to them....just imagine how those of us staying there felt.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Airport_Hilton_GM, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some of children who were rowdy and disruptive during your stay. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. . I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Bill Birdsall
Rensselaer, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Awesome place. Convenient location, great pricing and delicious breakfast. Staff was extremely courteous, rooms were big and amenities were nice. The only thing that I would like to see change is free internet. I personally hate going to the lobby to use free internet. The computers in the lobby are really nice and you can get whatever you need, but it is 2014 and internet should be included in your room fee and you should have access to it no matter what.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When I first arrived the front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
After getting to my room, I spent another hour or so on the phone getting decaf coffee in the room, more pillows and towels.
These were delivered promptly and with smiles.
This is a nice, clean place to stay, but not quite up to the Hilton standards that I'm used to, in staying with this hotel chain.

Room Tip: I don't have a problem with jets flying overhead but if you do, this is not the place for you.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was a fun experience because I was with family and friends and we were a very large group. Check in was the pits and poorly planned, but the rest of the experience was pleasant. Room service was great! Some of the furnishings are getting old, but I could tell they were doing some repairs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Centennial, CO, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I selected this hotel because it was a Hilton and believed I knew what to expect. The hotel is in serious need of renovation. Some rooms were undergoing work, but the whole hotel needed a complete makeover. The furnishings are not up to Hilton standards and are tired as well. The hallways were dirty from construction and the bathrooms were just marginal. The television pay per view did not work.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Stuart M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Bill Birdsall