“Charlie Co. Reunion”

Hilton Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was at the Hilton for our 9th annual Charlie Company 1/20 11th LIB reunion. I had a fantastic time. Florence, Ky. is a perfect place because It is central to where we all live. The hotel staff done a really great job and where very helpful. Thanks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael O

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Everything was clean and the room was a good size, especially for families. Beds were comfortable. The location was great. Pool was small but well maintained. We would stay again. A side tip - the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. The price went up about $40 for a friend who booked a couple weeks after us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katrina K
Airport_Hilton_GM, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Great tip by the way. Booking a couple of weeks in advance especially when local events are going on, such as the Taste of Cincinnati and the Reds home games, can be a difference maker. Supply and demand in the area can make all the difference so be sure to check out what's going on in the Cincinnati area as you plan your trip. You can save money as well as find lots of great events and things to do while you're in town. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stay at the Hilton Cincinnati Airport several times a year on business and while I will admit some things have improved, this hotel still has a long way to go to be up to the standards of a flagship Hilton. The location is convenient to the airport and not much else. There are a few chain restaurants and a Target nearby. On check-in, I was greeted by the staff who were friendly and helpful as usual. Generally, the staff here is a high point of this property. Much of the lobby smelled of cigarette smoke.

I was given a room facing the freeway and noise is a bit of an issue. When I entered the room, there was a strong smell of perfume which I thought may have been to mask the musty odor that has been a problem here in the past. However, when I re-entered the room later in the day, I didn't notice the perfume or the musty smell, so hopefully they've successfully addressed the problem. The room was clean and tidy overall and looked to be fairly recently remodeled. I'd say it was a fairly superficial remodel however, as vestiges such as paneled/popcorn ceilings remain.

Hotel infrastructure is not what you'd expect at this price. The "exercise room" (rightfully not called a gym) is tiny and does not really allow for a full workout. The pool is a decent size, but you will be overcome by chlorine the moment you enter the indoor enclosure. There is a bar/restaurant, but I was turned away upon trying to enter for a drink at around 11:30 on a Saturday night. The breakfast buffet is especially poor. I arrived at around 10:30 on a Sunday morning. The restaurant was very busy and there appeared to be only one waitress working. There were several open tables, but I just managed to take a seat at the one clean one. The breakfast offerings were lukewarm scrambled eggs, excessively fatty and greasy bacon, sausage, very dry roasted potatoes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and an assortment of fresh fruit. The buffet area was far too small for the number of people there and there was literally no elbow room when trying to get food. Of the selection, I can say the only thing that was even remotely appetizing was the fruit, which was indeed fresh, and toast. I was halfway through my meal before a staff member asked what I would like to drink (there were none available at the buffet). The coffee was served with cream that must've been out for a while because it immediately curdled when I poured it. Normally I wouldn't care too much, as breakfast is included in the rate my company pays here. However, this time I happened to look at the bill and see that this buffet is normally charged at over fifteen dollars.

Overall, this hotel may be an ok choice f you need to stay near the airport. If I were the one paying however, I'd look into other business oriented hotels nearby. I believe you'd get the same or better levels of service and amenities from something like a Holiday Inn Express, Courtyard, or even Hilton's own Garden Inn properties at a much lower price.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the freeway/on/off ramps.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jandjprosio
Airport_Hilton_GM, General Manager at Hilton Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your business over the years and for providing me with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As the new General Manager for the Hilton Cincinnati Airport, your input provides us with invaluable insight into the areas of the hotel that require our immediate attention.
I am aware that this property had experienced previous issues regarding unpleasant odors and am happy to confirm that these issues have been addressed and corrected over the past 6 months. I completely agree that it is distasteful to encounter an odor of smoking in the lobby upon arrival. There are designated smoking areas outside of the building itself, and although your experience seems uncommon, we will look into whether or not they are too closely positioned to the entrance of our hotel.
The hotel itself definitely provides convenient access to and from I-75. With that convenience comes the trade-off that you can hear the passing traffic from some of our freeway facing rooms. So it is good advice that if you are a light sleeper to request a room on one of the three other sides of our property. I apologize that this affected your ability to get a good night’s sleep with us.
In regards to the infrastructure, we have recently reviewed a plan to address upgrades to some of these areas, including the exercise facility. I will have our property maintenance staff investigate the overwhelming chlorine odor you had described in our pool area and if there is an issue with chemical levels, we will have them addressed immediately.
Lastly, allow me to apologize for your experiences in our food and beverage outlets both in the evening and for breakfast the next morning. Ironically, I had just met with both our Food and Beverage management and discussed opportunities to enhance our guest experiences. Your feedback is timely in that it reinforces everything we had just spoken about. Plans and actions are in place to ensure that this experience is an isolated one.

Thank you again for your patronage and it is our sincerest goal to address and improve all of the areas you had mentioned. We not only want to meet, but exceed your expectations for both product and service and hope to have the opportunity to do just that should you choose to stay with us in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Is not what I expected. No jacuzzi. small room. I love the Exercise Room. The pool was nice but to much Clorox . not jacuzzi neither. Electric outlet cover falling of the wall. The staffing were very nice friendly people . but for an Hilton Hotel was not what We was expecting. 177$ plus tax it was a lot. I rather stay at the Haptom. like always. I know is the same company but the have never let me down like this time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback in regards to your experience. I apologize that you the overall value wasn't in line with your expectations for our property. I do agree that a hot tub/Jacuzzi would be a nice addition to our pool area and perhaps that's something we could look at in the future. In the meantime, please be aware that we do have two available Jacuzzi suite guestrooms if you have an interest in the future. It's nice to hear that your experience with our staff was a positive one, but we truly understand that it's the attention to details like the outlet cover you mentioned, that make all the difference.

Thank you again, and we hope you choose us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Upon check in, I found hotel staff friendly and welcoming.

The hotel appeared clean although a little dated, was somewhat surprised that not all rooms come with fridges, and basic eating/ drinking options.

I found the breakfast fairly poor, with limited availably and overly standard displays.

In summary the hotel is a good stay does most things well without being particularly good or bad in any area - the area is on other hand exceptionally convenient to the airport without being directly under flight paths.

I would stay again but certainly won't remember this hotel after long.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our property. You are absolutely right that it's good to meet overall expectations, but it's when we can exceed those expectations that we can provide you with a more than memorable experience. We are on a path to create a culture around exceeding these expectations, first and foremost with the service provided.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you sometime again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property before and it's an older property. Rooms need a little TLC. There are no mini fridges in the rooms ( well, the ones that I stayed in anyway) food was ok, rather noisy ( next to the ice machine) good point is the airconditioning is able to run on high to help drown out the sound.
Like I said, it's nothing to right home about.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your business and thank you even more for sharing your experience. Our property has definitely matured over the years, being built in 1987. Although the hotel has been maintained very well, a refresh/renovation is something we look forward to in the not too distant future. In doing so, something we will certainly consider is the addition of refrigerators for all of our guest rooms (no promises just yet).

We honestly appreciate your patronage and hope to someday be able to host you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great location. Just minutes from the Cincinnati airport. Shuttle gets there quickly to pick you up and drop you off. Excellent place to stay. Property is very well maintained. Excellent food in the restaurant, in room and served for our business meetings. Service is excellent. Great staff. They greet you not only at the front desk, but also throughout the property. Make you feel at home. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks so much for staying with us and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We hope to see you again soon!