“Old and in need of updating”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Budget Inn

and 1 more site!
Budget Inn
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Florence
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Old and in need of updating”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Once upon a time this hotel was probably nice. It doesn't appear it has ever been re-modeled. The rooms are musty smelling and show water damage on the ceilings. On a positive note, the breakfast was very good. There is a new Holiday Inn right next door, this would be a much better choice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sonja R, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank You for taking your time to write a review about our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We take your feedback very serious and will be looking into the issues you have mentioned. I personally will be sharing this with my team members and employees so that we can strive to meet every guest expectation.

Again Thank You for your time and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed 4 nights in this out of age hotel.
Service is weak and staff is not helpful, rooms are large but badly insulated, heating system is noisy and is not controlled.
Provision of breakfast is variable.
Wifi and location of hotel OK, but that was really not a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kincardine, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

This place should be condemned. When we were there the floors were flooded due to burst pipes (it was cold out), Our room had the heat cranked up to 85o F, I assume to prevent further catastrophes. Our room had an old TV, queen bed with tattered sheets, mold on the shower curtain, dents in the wall. There were semis outside the room that kept their engines on all night making sleep difficult. Also the check-in was painfully slow, at 1:00 AM.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty good so it wasn't a total waste of money.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heritagehei
Sonja R, Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Please accept my deepest apologies for your recent stay. This is not our standard and all of your issues will be addressed with each department.

Aundrea Addis
Assistant General Manager
Thornhill, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I generally stay only at Choice Hotel properties and this one definitely did not meet the bill. The hotel lobby is very nice and the front desk staff were friendly and accommodating.

Our room was on the smallish size for one with a king bed. The room was very clean however the carpets were so threadbare that the backing was showing through in several spots. The toilet when flushed gave off an extremely high pitched whining sound, so loud that if one of us used it during the night, the other would wake up. Our other major issue was the bed. It dipped into the centre so when you turned over you immediately fell into the centre of the bed. We are baby boomers of a certain age with your normal aches and pains and this bed did nothing to help those.

Breakfast was your standard fare, cold and hot cereal, make-your-own waffles, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot eggs and sausages. Or so we were told. The hot food was empty when we arrived at 8 a.m. and was never filled. We asked and were told that someone would come momentarily, but they never showed up in the half hour we were there.

We are on our way driving south to Florida, so it was an okay stop for just a place to sleep, but i wouldn't return to this property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shayna_J_S
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Like others have said, the front lobby wasn't too bad so we decided to stay. Once getting upstairs, you can quickly see that the carpet in the halls were dirty and given the amount of dirt particles on the floor, it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The edges of the carpets against the wall were especially dirty. You can actually see the dirt difference along the entire length of the floor.

The room was especially dirty. The first sign was the room number had fallen off the wall and the number 308 was hand written in marker on the door (looked like a young child wrote it).

The room was equally filthy. Dust and dirt on the floor; bathroom mirror had finger printers all over it; the inside lip of the toilet seat had urine stains from the previous guests; the shower water was running causing staining in the tub; the tub stoppers were all pulled out so you could see the grunge in the drain pipes; the main light switch turning on/off the lights in the room also turned the TV off !!; the sheets were so worn you could easily read a book through them; one of the double beds had no mattress cover - they brought one up for me and I had to make the bed myself; the pullout couch had no linens in the room - when they brought them up the sheets had huge cigarette burns in them; the wall heaters were all rusted and the filters were just put on the floor underneath and they rattled so loud you couldn't use them - they brought up a plug in space heater for us.

I've stayed at other Quality Inn's that were great, this one should be shut down until cleaned up as it clearly tarnishes the Quality Inn brand.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I don't really understand these previous reviews. I really think that people are just out to find something wrong. I did not have a problem with this place. It was a comfortable place to spend the night. The only problems that I had is the toilet ran too long and there was not a outlet near the desk, well there was one behind the TV and the desk light was plugged into it, but I had my laptop to plug in. It was a trade off. The light or my laptop. That was a little annoying for me. If I ever find myself in Florence I just may stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
New England - USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I often stay at this chain of hotels when on long road trips (Quality Inns and Comfort Inns) where we just need a roof over our heads for one night, a quick breakfast, and then get on our way quickly. This was an average motel, but I was surprised to see all the one and two stars in previous ratings. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the motel and the room were clean and decent. Perhaps they cleaned up their act after reading earlier reviews. We probably won't stay here again, as we like to take various routes on our road trips so that we can see more of the USA. But I certainly wouldn't warn people not to stay here. I had a relatively good experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple