“Choice inspectors, where are you?”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was awful! Ceiling in bathroom and the part connected to the bedroom was falling!! Mold was on the bathroom portion. Insulation was hanging out over the tub! Didn't take a bath or shower that night because of it. Sheets were worn and thin (so glad I brought my own pillow!) Towels were worn and thin too. Obviously money is scarce or the sheets and towels could have been replaced a couple years ago! Sheets did not smell clean. I wondered if they are trying to save money by using less detergent.

Choice inspectors, I feel like writing a letter to you! I would have thought there would be a certain criteria for being a part of the Choice group. We usually always stay at Choice hotels, but now.....?

The front desk people were very nice!

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before you unload your car.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonja R, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Elsa,

On behalf of the entire staff here at Quality I would like to apologize for not meeting your standards. I will be speaking with Debra our Housekeeping Supervisor and Danny our Maintenance Supervisor about these issues so that we can get them resolved. Thank You so much for taking your personal time and completing a review on our hotel. We will be looking into this.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I could tell that this motel was once a beautiful place for entertaining. The place needs a total renovation. The clerk at the desk, (Shawn) was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean but the hallway was old dark and dirty. The breakfast bar was full of goodies from coffee to waffles, yogurt and bagels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sonja R, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We'd like to personally thank you for taking your valuable time and writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is through our guest reviews we can see where we need to improve. I will be sharing your comments with our team members. Again Thank You.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Older property in need of update. Room was clean and comfortable-nothing extra. Refrigerator in room. Wireless internet access. Hallways and foyer areas dirty and in need of repair. Foyer area for entrance B and C looked like it had not been cleaned for a long time. These areas desperately needed swept and moped. The doors for the back entrances were propped open making us question safety. Main entrance to hotel was OK. I rated the property average instead of poor due to the exceptional hospitality of the staff. We were greeted so professionally and made to feel welcome by the young lady at the front desk. She was so helpful and friendly. The breakfast area was nice and lots of tables. Breakfast was above average-good selection of fresh fruit and hot food. Considering the price(lower than usual for a choice hotel property) and the good breakfast the hotel is almost acceptable for a one night place to sleep. Somewhat surprised this property is still listed with choice hotels.

Room Tip: We were in the back of the hotel and heard doors opening and closing. Maybe a room closer the front...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your personal time and writing a review about your recent stay with us. We will use your feedback to do some improving. Again Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The only reason I gave this hotel a star was because the women at the desk could not have been nicer. Her name was Janet or lisa cant really recall. I was traveling with my business partner and drove in town late. After driving around and looking for rooms for an hour we stopped at the quality inn. We checked the rooms at the other hotels and because they were nasty we kept looking. The quality inns are always great. Sometimes the buildings are older but the rooms are always nice. This hotel is so run down. The paint is peeling in the rooms, the ceiling has water marks, the bed did not have a blanket and the sheets were so old and thin you could see through them. We didn't even shower there because the tub was nasty. The television was an antique and volume didn't work. In all fairness the desk called and asked if everything was ok. We had only 2 hours sleep the night before so we stayed anyway. The beds were so bad I only slept two hours that night too. If there was even a chance there might have been a better room I would have complained. Given the overall condition of the hotel was sure they were all bad. This hotel should not be allowed to advertise under the Quality inn name. It is a run down dump. It is somewhat deceiving as the lobby did not look bad, never occurred to me to check rooms in a hotel I stay at as much as I do quality inns. My advice is to gut this building and start over. Avoid at all costs and it is expensive.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sonja R, Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Iris,

We are truly sorry you weren't happy with your stay with us. We value your feedback for it is what helps us learn what areas we need to work on. I have personally shared your information with all of our team members, Nancy (Housekeeping Supervisor) and Danny (Maintenance Supervisor) so that we can get these issues fixed. Again we are sorry and want to thank you for taking your personal time to write a review about our hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

stayed here 4-25-14. in the night the room got very cool. turned low heat on, cold air. turned high heat on, cold air. only had a sheet and VERY thin bedspread on bed. should have called front dest at 2:30 am but did not. when we walked the hallway back to our room after breakfast, I noticed that the rooms that were being cleaned, doors open, had HEAVY blankets in them. I informed the gentleman at the front desk when we checked out of the problem. all I got was --im sorry and will send someone to check it out. will be calling today. hoping to get money back. not fun just getting about 3 hours of sleep and being cold on top of that! will NOT stay here again.......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonja R, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Terri,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are truly sorry about your room not being to our standard. I will personally be speaking with Nancy our Housekeeping Supervisor, we want to ensure all our guest are satisfied.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Once upon a time this hotel was probably nice. It doesn't appear it has ever been re-modeled. The rooms are musty smelling and show water damage on the ceilings. On a positive note, the breakfast was very good. There is a new Holiday Inn right next door, this would be a much better choice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sonja R, General Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank You for taking your time to write a review about our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We take your feedback very serious and will be looking into the issues you have mentioned. I personally will be sharing this with my team members and employees so that we can strive to meet every guest expectation.

Again Thank You for your time and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have stayed 4 nights in this out of age hotel.
Service is weak and staff is not helpful, rooms are large but badly insulated, heating system is noisy and is not controlled.
Provision of breakfast is variable.
Wifi and location of hotel OK, but that was really not a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business