Camp Carlson Army Recreational Area
US$228
US$109
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Americas Best Value Inn Brandenburg(Brandenburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$65
All reviewscamp groundpatton museumcubmilitarylaundrycampgroundshower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

With our son-in-law's recommendation we were able to spend several nights at Camp Carlson recently. We couldn't' get cell phone service and the free wi-fi was slow....but, hey, we were camping and trying to get away from it all! The bathhouse was top of the line...and we've been to many! Very clean overall..highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank macpeps76
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I have stayed at Camp Carlson 3 times in the last 3 years and I am always completely satisfied.
The location is very convenient for a meeting place. It is easy to find and not too far away from other regions in the state.
My college friends and I have been using Camp Carlson as an annual reunion place and it functions much better than any of the Ky State Parks we have tried. It is also much more resonable in price.
The cabins are very clean and cozy. Remember, this is a campground. Nothing fancy here but you have everything you need.
We will return to Camp Carlson.

Room Tip: Bring your own firewood and a chair for the firecircle.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank reedarama
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This was my first time in Kentucky and I didn't expect much. My husband and son are BIG fans of Patton and have wanted to go
to this museum FOREVER. We reserved a pet friendly cabin at Camp Carlson not expecting too much but were pleasantly surprised at this little gem. Our cabin was very clean and well maintained. Full kitchen and Sat. TV <-- the boys were happy.
Nice bathroom and sleeping was no problem, queen bed and pull out sofa. They have paths for walking around and a really nice pond that was clean, clear and pretty and I'm sure the fisher"men" were happy about that also.
The description was "Camp Carlson is the perfect setting for an escape week, weekend, or day and is ideal for Unit, family and extended family outings". This place is only for active duty, retired, reserves, nat guard and dod. So if you were visiting your son/daughter at Fort Knox I would see if they could reserve a cabin for you too stay in!

20  Thank MAWifey