“Exceeded Current Star Rating”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Exceeded Current Star Rating”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our second stay at The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Frankfort, Ky as we have family in Frankfort. Over the years, we have stayed in many of the Frankfort/Lexington area hotels. This little hotel is a gem ! It is clean, well maintained and is staffed by friendly considerate people. It is beyond my realm of reason WHY this hotel would not be rated at least a three star. We have stayed in properties in this area that were rated three or thee and a half that were absolutely terrible ! Go figure. If you are considering a stay in this area, give this hotel a try.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor for both of our stays.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for my family and I for one night through priceline. We went to check in at front desk and they had us down for a king bed. We said we had our kids we need two beds. We were told to call priceline and have them call in, so we did and then the manager who was just standing around at the side like a customer told the lady to refuse us. He got ignorant and I mean rude and trashy, meanwhile we didn't even realize who he was because he was in street clothes. I will never stay again. We talked to other people in that area and was told the people who work there are just RUDE, IGNORANT people. I agree I can take my money else where and I have..

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Matthew R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ms. Stephanie,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort.

You indicated in your response that the service you our personnel provided was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Matthew Robinson
Fairfield Inn & Suites
matthew.robinson@marriott.com
502.695.8881

Travellers are raving about these Frankfort hotels

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I normally stay at another Marriott property, but the government rate was not available there that week, so I booked a three-night stay at this Fairfield Inn instead. I'm glad I only had a three-night stay and I don't plan on staying here again. During check in, the front desk staff pointed out that I booked under the government rate and assigned me a first floor room. I said I preferred a higher floor. He found me a second-floor room and commented that most women feel safer on a higher floor, which made me wonder why he tried to give me a first floor room to begin with. I got a big room with two double beds. I guess it was supposed to be a wheelchair-accessible room, although there was a bathtub instead of an accessible shower facility, no handle bars next to the toilet, and the bath towels were kept on shelf above the toilet (so someone in a wheelchair would not be able to reach).

Breakfast, which was included in the rate, was a disappointment. The first morning (Tuesday), there were scrambled eggs, which were ok, and rubbery, burnt and very inedible sausage patties. I don't know why they even bothered serving those. Breakfast starts at 6:00 a.m. and I was there at 6:30 a.m., so I know they weren't the end-of-breakfast-service food, but they were definitely leftovers from a day (or more?) before. As a frequent Marriott guest, I was embarassed for this property that they would serve that kind of food. The following day, there was no breakfast meat, only grits (or oatmeal?) and scrambled eggs. The third morning (Thusday), I was pleasantly surprised to see bacon with the scrambled eggs. Don't get you hopes up, though. It was paper thin, almost-transparent bacon, not the crispy ones. However,these were still infinitely better than the inedible sausage.

The exercise room was another disappointment. It's a very small room with only a treadmill, an elliptical machine, and a multi-purpose weight machine. There is only one TV in the room (no individual TVs on the treadmill or elliptical machine). The treadmill was not functioning. I informed the front desk about it and was assured that they'd call the repair guy. This was Tuesday. Treadmill remained broken on Thursday. However, they did fix the TV by Thursday, so you could get more than one channel. I had to suffer through Congressional testimonies about the Veterans Administraion on Tuesday morning, as C-SPAN was the only channel available.

The staff at the Fairfield Inn were nice and tried to be helpful, but unfortunately, that could not make up for what was lacking in the facility.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CCC_wanderlust
Matthew R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

I want you to know that I deeply consider you as a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Matthew Robinson
Fairfield Inn
matthew.robinson@marriott.com
502.695.8881
Akron
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We started our motorcycle trip on the Bourbon Trail and were looking for a convenient Mariott where I can use up some points. This is a convenient location to BF and WF, basically just follow the main drag in either direction and each distillery is only about 5-10 minutes to the turning point off the main road. You can eat at the BW3 across the street in the plaza

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dallamjm
Spring Grove
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Check in was a breeze, super helpful.
the rooms are very clean, but the beds are not queen beds like I expected, but instead full beds.
Pool: was tiny, not sure why you would have such a small pool. It is more like a giant hot tub.
Check out, breeze.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank takedown43
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here on a family road trip. William was EXCELLENT upon check-in. In mentioning my father had had a recent hip replacement, he found us a nice large ground floor room. He was friendly. The room was spacious and quiet. Everything was clean and breakfast was good. I used my Marriott Rewards points for the room and was very pleased.

The only improvement needed was that the hot tub was too hot. That was minor and I'd gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked room 119. It was huge and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hillary677
Illinois
Reviewed 16 May 2014

this hotel was a little pricy, but our room was very nice. The breakfast selection was very good and the breakfast room was quite roomy, so you did not feel cramped. Quiet and plenty of parking. We thought the lobby area was very attractive. We did not have time to visit the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ramikat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Hampton Inn Frankfort
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrenceburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort? Share your experiences!