“I'd stay again, here's why”

Americas Best Value Inn - Frankfort
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Frankfort
maryville, tn
“I'd stay again, here's why”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

All frankfort hotels are on the downside of average if shopping <$115/night. Breakfast was orange sunny D, and some oatmeal packets and my favorite, donutstix!

Breakfast is immediately next door at a local restaurant. Mexican dinner awaits you across the street. KFC also 2 doors down, along with mcdonalds.

my non smoke room was clean. some hotels may smell because a smoker is near. this room did not!

average cable tv

I'd stay here again before 4 other local hotels because of what I just typed. If I pay more, I want more breakfast [other hotels could not do this well]. Other local hotels that I checked don't have a restaurant immediately next door.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is always best in EVERY hotel because break-ins are more likely on first floors. make sen...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tnlemon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

The whole hotel was dark and dingy, including our room. It all needs a good overhaul or at LEAST a deep cleaning. There were cigarette burns in the comforter on our bed, stains on the wall and ceilings, and what looked like water damage on the ceiling in our bathroom.
"Breakfast" was in a closet sized nook right next to the front desk and included a pitcher of cheap orange juice and oatmeal packets. I have stayed at a really nice ABVI before and this place makes the chain look bad. If its in your budget I would recommend paying the $20 extra and stay at the Holiday Inn Express down the road or look for the Motel 6 in Lexington.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank MClovesNC
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 December 2013

room was dirty, bathroom shower dirty, corkscrew found in floor from previous tenants. cigarette burn holes all over blankets. pee stains on the sheets. crack in door leading out into the hallway wide enough to see out into the hallway. window lock was a piece of wood. alarm clock didn't work, remote batteries dead to TV remote. battery in key door didn't work so couldn't go in or out without getting someone from the desk to reopen door. and to beat lady from desk was hateful that she had to open door. she even cursed. funny smell in the hotel. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: go to the holiday inn express and pay just a little more, its worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank kam568
Battletown, KY
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stay here every year for our JW conventions. There are several disabled senior ladies that come together and the manager is always helpful, and polite. The rooms have fridge, microwave, coffee pot and hair dryer. The building is older and modest, but clean and fresh rooms and good beds. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a good deal for your money-especially if you have a free value membership card-$46.00 per night. I recommend it to several people when traveling.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is good for disabled people-there are no elavators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gdaugherty0001
Prestonsburg, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Being in a long distance relationship with my father ill, Frankfort is the halfway place between University of Kentucky and Louisville, where my boyfriend lives. For comfort, we would meet up in Frankfort for a sleep. I would suggest this place to anyone who is on a buget.

I arrived shortly after midnight after a trip to the emergency room with my father. I informed the employee on duty that my boyfriend would be joining me. She was very kind, directing him when he arrived. Sometimes, the quality of service matters more than the state of the place.

When I arrived in the room, it was very hot. It smelled a bit like bleach, but it was not overwhelming. Everything appeared clean. The bed's aren't the most comfortable, but it was something that I could sleep in. If you're on a budget, I would highly suggest staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gallifreyrefugee
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here for several nights and had a great stay throughout. The rooms are dated but great for the price and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the housekeeping staff is also very nice and does a great job. Overall great experience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jaejorlay10
Santa Maria
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is a hotel with older furnishings: However, everything was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The room had a coffee maker, fridge and microwave - all very useful. The shower was hot and the bathroom clean. The hotel is within walking distance of stores and restaurants. This was the best deal found for a Graduation weekend and also the hotel had better reviews than some other hotels in the area. Fitted into our budget. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Arrive early and request downstairs room. No elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank glasses2go
Biku1, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Frankfort, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thanks for sharing all of your comments, we really appreciate your input. Hopefully we will see you again at the next graduation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfort
Bluegrass Inn
#6 of 10 in Frankfort
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Frankfort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankfort
Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Frankfort? Share your experiences!