“Horrible managerial customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Miami, Florida
“Horrible managerial customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I did not personally stay at this location as I was disgusted by the customer service of Manager Santiago. He was curt, rude and condescending while explaining his policies to me. While I can understand and respect hotel policies as far as cancellations or being unable to transfer the reservation to another holiday inn, he did not need to be a straight up jerk about it. He had no patience, would not allow me to speak or ask questions. He ran over me and gave lengthy and unnecessary explanations as to why he didn't want to be sued. Again, I understood his "hotel policy" however he made no effort what so ever to try to accomodate or even apologize for the situation. His "it is what it is" attitude has solidified the fact that I will never book with any Holiday Inn again. While I understand one person doesn't make a hotel or service, I refuse to return due to Santiago's representation as not just an employee but as a manager.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CmCLMT
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Guilty as charged upholding hotel policy is clearly what upset you. I did not make your reservation you made your own reservation through Expedia and it clearly states that cancellations must be done before 6pm CST on the date of arrival.

Myself and Kyle entertained a total of 5 calls from Expedia and the 6h and last one from you coercing me and him for a full refund, we refused. The fact of the matter is simple if I broke the hotel policy & did what you asked I would not be responding to this review.

There is no polite way to say no especially if you desperately want to hear a yes. It is evident since you did not have your way you decide to be vindictive about me, you made good on your promise that you were going to give ME a poor review. That's O.K. You can paint me as poor manager that is your prerogative. However if this was your business and the roles were reversed I wonder how you would react when somebody were to twist your arm & threaten a -ve review if you did not break a known corporate policy? Would you break it? I don't think so. So what choice did I have?

I'll tell you what as a token of goodwill I will extend you a free night stay with an upgrade to a suite free of charge for a date of your choice with no expiration date for you and your family to come and stay and experience our service. You will never think about going anywhere else I guarantee it.

I hope we can make amends here.

santosh xavier

Ps: Santiago does not work here.

I hope that resolves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

The staff was extremely generous with their time and attention at check-in and throughout my stay. Kyle and Santosh demonstrate a true sense of ownership for this hotel and for the experience of their guests. This is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in - depsite the fact that the hotel was sold out and that the weather was rainy and snowy. The lobby/breakfast area is large and inviting, with a two-story atrium design. Comfortable lounging areas in the lobby. The suites are elegantly decorated, with as many as three flat-screen TVs and four separate rooms. Book a suite! I'll certainly stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for the Presidential Suite, or a room on the corner of the building if you want more space, wind...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff N
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your review. We strive to make sure all our guest enjoy their stay, it gives us tremendous pleasure when we get recognized for doing our jobs. Your words are a powerful means of communication to those who care for quality. It makes it easier for them to decide where to stay because there are many other hotels to choose from. We appreciate that you chose us over them and promise to be back.

Kyle and I will parley your good note to my other 18 staff members without whose help this would not be possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

yours truly

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Great stay, very clean, extremely helpful staff. Provided extra linens, shampoos due to thefact we were traveling with four kids. Really nice breakfast, yogurt, milk, juices, eggs, pancakes, bacon etc. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Smacnaughton,
It is very nice to hear that you and your family had a good stay at our hotel. Your note about my staff able to take care of your needs is refreshing to hear and you can bet I will share it with them and it will surely make their day as reading your review just made mine.

You and your family is always welcome at our hotel in Franklin we enjoyed having you.

woodstock, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is a very clean hotel with a nice pool and workout room. The only bad thing to say is that they serve the same boring breakfast every day. Go to McDonalds or Cracker Barrel for breakfast when you get bored.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jc l
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear JC,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. We sure do appreciate the fact that you recognize the lengths we go to keep our guests satisfied and when they respond like the way you did it makes us very proud.

You are absolutely correct that if you eat our breakfast on a daily basis it does get repetitive and I am sorry about that. We are required to follow a certain set of guidelines on what we can serve and cannot it is mandated by the Franchisor; as franchisees we are required to follow them (we do not have a choice). I hope you can understand and appreciate that. That way all Holiday Inn Expresses are consistent with their product and it is all about be consistent.

We sure want you to come back and if that means I have to make a special trip to a restaurant of your choice well I will happily do that for you since you stayed with us for so long and we appreciate your business. You and your family is always welcome here.

Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

This hotel is right off of I-65 and there are two restaurants within walking distance, as well as a McDonalds within sight. The Sol Azteca restaurant gives you a discount on your order if your show them your room key.

My wife and I stopped here on our way to Florida. I was greeted warmly at check-in and given a room upgrade to a suite due to my Platinum Priority Club status. This is the first hotel where I've had this done without asking for an upgrade. All of the staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly.

The suite was a large room with a small sink and a microwave in the kitchen area. The room was very clean and quiet. The bed was a little too firm for my liking.

The shower had a good strong spray. There were soft bath towels, except for one that I put to the side. Also, the bathroom had an exhaust fan which seems to be rare these days.

We had a problem with the TV having sound on only one station, but the front desk person came to our room within 5 minutes and resolved the problem so we could watch the show we were interested in seeing.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Illinois_John
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Dear John,
Thank your nice comments. The fact that you point out that we did our jobs to make sure you and your family had a good time in good ol Franklin, Ky is heartwarming. My staff and I greatly cherish your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thank you once again.

Decatur, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I had a great experince at this hotel, beginning with being greeted by a very friendly gentleman who offered bottled water, cookies, and a room upgrade. The room itself was very nice, with a modern aesthetic. I was told there was a heated pool and hot tub, but I did not partake. The breakfast was top notch, and was complimentary, as was the wifi. The room and bathroom were very clean, there were plenty of cable channels on the flat screen tv, and the shower water pressure was very good. The hotel was harder to find than most, so don't expect to see it from the main road. Look for a small, stand alone, lighted, Holiday Inn Express sign, then turn onto Neha Drive and the hotel will be down on the right.

If I could recommend one thing to the owner, it would be to consider replacing the toilet seat/lid combo with a plastic unit, verses the current composite unit. As it ages, composite flakes and crumbles, leaving it unsightly and prone to snagging skin.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Dear Charlie,
Thank you so much for taking the time and giving me your valuable input. I will be contacting corporate office to see if it is a viable option to change the toilet seats. I hope you understand that protocol dictates that before I change anything I need to seek their permission.

Please come back while you pass through our town we would love to have you back.

thank you once again and my staff & I would like to wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stopped here after a long day in the car with our 2 year old. Place was very clean, bed was very comfortable, king bed room was spacious, and breakfast was good. We will definitely stop here again if we are in need of a hotel in this area.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank WAREAGLEBABY
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your kind words. My staff and I appreciate it very much and having found a loyal guest in you is very gratifying. Just out of curiosity what stopped you from giving us a 5 out of 5? Is there something we could have done to make your stay more pleasant?

We are constantly working hard to keep our guests happy and their suggestions for improvement are a vital source for us to focus our energy and resources to help foster change that keeps them happy.

We want you to be 100% satisfied no less is acceptable. Please do come and visit us again when you are in this neck of the woods and please also tell your friends and family members that there are 19 eager folks including myself waiting to welcome them as well.

Seasons greetings and happy holidays

Santosh Xavier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
#6 of 10 in Franklin
Drury Inn Bowling Green
Drury Inn Bowling Green
#3 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!