“Very nice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Ohio
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our trip home from Florida and was very pleased with our choice. Friendly and helpful staff, large rooms and very soft linens. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was very clean and well decorated. Would have liked some fresh fruit options for breakfast, but no other complaints. Will definitely return.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear BuckeyeProudOhio,

Thank you very much for being a senior contributor for Trip Advisor. My staff and I appreciate your feedback and we like the fact that you and your family enjoyed our facility and recommend to others to use it as well. That is very nice of you.

We are currently working with vendors to incorporate fresh seasonal fruits in the breakfast mix. I think your recommendation is spot on. There are some challenges we have to overcome whenever things are added or subtracted. The next time you come we sure hope that we will have fresh fruits for all our guests.

Thanks once again for your review and your recommendation we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our town and our hotel.

santosh xavier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Shelbyville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were going to stay in the Bowling Green Area this time down to Florida. Instead, we opted to drive the extra miles to stay someplace we knew would be clean, comfortable, in a nice area, and have helpful & super friendly staff. You will not be disappointed with this hotel. Santosh was not working the night we stayed (we asked if he still worked there since he made such a great impression on us last year). The woman at the front desk was just as fun, professoinal, and very helpful. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, and breakfast in the morning was very filling and yummy. If you are looking to stay in this area, I would say look no further book at this hotel! Thank you for making our families stay the best it could have been. We will be telling everyone to stay here in the future and next year we plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear sassy46176,

Thank you so much for being a senior contributor for trip advisor. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review about your stay at my hotel. My staff and I are so pleased that you chose to stay with us versus going to Bowling Green. I am also pleased to hear that Stephanie took care of you just as I would have done. We work very hard to make sure all our guests are 100% satisfied and we take tremendous joy doing it.

I am still here except when you came I was not in body but I was there in spirit. :)
Next time when you come I hope to greet you both in body and spirit. I will love to do that.

Please call or email me next time when you are passing by I will make it a point to meet with you.

Villa Hills Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped at this hotel while on our way to Florida. It was a great decision. The hotel is new and beautiful. The staff was as friendly as any we have ever encountered. Our room was large and very comfortable. The only down side was the breakfast. While the selection was good the staff had a hard time keeping items stocked. Several times we had to wait for items to be brought out. The positives of this hotel by far out weighed this slight negative.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear popsicleVillaHillsKy,

Good evening and thank you for being a senior contributor for Trip Advisor. Thank you also for taking the time to review my hotel & my staff.

It is nice to hear when guest like yourself appreciate the hard work we put to make your stay pleasurable & then you recognize & publish your experience for others to see and try us out.

I am sorry that you and your family had to wait for your morning meal while there is no excuse for us to make anybody wait it sometimes does happen and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

As a token of our appreciation to you and your family the next time you stay here we will discount your room by 15% off our best flexible rate and if available upgrade to a suite for no extra charge. We want you to visit us back and thank you once again for staying with us.

santosh xavier

Ps: please email me your travel plans on your way back @ hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com and in the subject line please put the name above that you go by in Trip Advisor. I will take it from there.
Ruskin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was my second trip back home in a year or so and decided to go with a good thing. Glad to see it is still a great place with a great staff. Overall impressed again !

You cannot go wrong with this place. It is super clean, convenient and the GM Santosh is a great guy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear WKU-Wanderer,
Thank you for being a "top contributor" for trip advisor and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice note about me and my hotel. That is mighty nice of you. It goes without saying we strive very hard to make each and every guest that stays with us have the same experience you have & we try very hard to spoil our guests the best way we can. Thank you for making my day please with your note.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Excellent room. this was a last min. stay. we had a different hotel booked through priceline and we were very disappointed in that hotel. we walked out and came right over to Holiday Inn Express.. and couldn't be happier that we did. the staff was great the room was wonderful

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phil254
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear phil254,

Thank you so much for your review. We sure do appreciate the time and effort you took to post this.

It is indeed nice to hear that our culture of exceeding our guest expectations consistently does not go unnoticed. It gives us great joy when guests like you recognize that and brag about it on our behalf.

We take great pride in what we do and we certainly enjoy doing it for you and your family. We would love to have you back and tell you what give us another chance to spoil you it will be a pleasure doing it again!! Same price and same upgrade!! All you have to do is give me a call.

Thank you.

Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

At least once a year, we drive through Kentucky on our way to and from New Orleans, and we make sure that on the drive home we stay at the Holiday Inn in Franklin, KY. I can't say enough about how fantastic this hotel is...from the wonderful Manager, Santosh and the rest of his team, to the spotless rooms, hot breakfast and the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced in a hotel. I actually ended up ordering the same mattress from Serta when we got home after the last stay...they are that comfortable. Santosh and team are all about customer service and making your stay as wonderful as possible. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that will be driving through Franklin, KY. Santosh immediately recommended a great place to eat ( we had been on the road for 9 hours and we were starving!), offered us bottled water and freshly baked cookies (they were yummy!). We were also upgraded to a suite! A must stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic, clean, quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theresa R
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Dave and Theresa,

Thank you for your response and thank you also for the time and effort you put in to publishing your thoughts about my hotel and my staff.

Needless to say my staff and I are going to have a fabulous post 4th of July on account of what you have written. It is indeed welcoming and gratifying to the eyes and ears that tenacious hard work coupled with a friendly culture is appreciated.

I am nothing without my staff and they are the reason why you had such a great time. I am indeed blessed to have a staff that embraces and advocates genuine southern hospitality.

As always we look forward to spoiling you again.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

santosh
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night & had a very nice stay. Room, bed, bathroom were all very clean. The only issue I have is we booked a room with a jacuzzi tub to be told they were gone when we got there. I'm 8.5 months pregnant & specifically booked that option knowing I'd need to relax after 4 hours in the car. This was a big disappoibtment. Wish they wouldn't book a certain room type then give those rooms away.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear Christy,

Thank you so much for being a senior contributor for Trip Advisor. My staff and I appreciate the time and effort you took to write this review. I am glad that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I am very sorry to hear that we could not accommodate you in a suite with a jetted tub.

I explained this to your husband who came down to pick up some pillows for you, whenever you make a booking through a third party website like Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com etc please be mindful of the promises they make to you on the behalf of any hotel. Ultimately it is the hotel that cannot live up to the hype they advertise in their websites or on the phone.

When your reservation came through to us from them it came as a standard king room had it come as a jetted suite by all means we would have put you in it. Not having it or they are gone would not be an acceptable response from our side.

I have addressed this issue with the site in question that you booked in the past quite a few times. I requested them to please rectify our room classification in their systems so they are not over promising guests needless to say they care very little as you can see it clearly reflected from your stay. By the way this is not the first time I have seen this it has precedence.

Next time as I mentioned to your husband please book your rooms directly with the hotel so you "get the facts" and the best deals also please be mindful of the number you call because these sites cleverly mask to act as the actual hotel while they clearly are not. To know how just ask them to give you the precise details of the location of the hotel & quiz them about the town. If it is the actual hotel they will tell you if they are not then they will not because their reps are stationed overseas and have no clue about the map of the United States let alone what state you are traveling to.

As a token of goodwill please call me at 270-586-7626 and I will book you a standard room with a 20% discount off the rack rate and upgrade you to a jetted suite. I hope you will try us out one more time before the baby comes and perhaps another time after the baby comes. The discount and special will apply on both occasions.

In the meantime I want to congratulate you and your husband on welcoming your child in this beautiful world and from my staff and myself I wish both of you that your child is healthy and happy parenthood.

We look forward to seeing you back.

santosh xavier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
#3 of 35 in Bowling Green
Days Inn Franklin
Days Inn Franklin
#6 of 10 in Franklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!