“Wonderful location and room; visited with a small dog.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the online booking through check-in, a wonderful breakfast and expedient check-out; this stay rocked. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I was visiting Kentucky to pick up a puppy, brought one of my small dogs with me; but hadn't indicated anywhere (you can put it in the "notes" section when booking online) that I was bringing my pet.

Front desk staff was smooth and efficient at changing my room (which was of excellent quality) when we got there; breakfast was great, the coffee was awesome.

Again; from start to finish, I couldn't recommend this hotel more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pitbullpony
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for being a member of TA and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about my hotel, my staff and our service to you and your dog. Reviews are a portal to the soul of a business and I encourage you to write more of them so others can make an educated decision where to get value for their money.

I have 2 dogs myself so I am ardent about being pet friendly. Congratulations to you on your new addition I hope he/she makes you happy.

In the meantime we look forward to welcoming all of you back and spoil you with our southern hospitality.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a very good property all the way around. Every interaction with hotel staff left me with the impression that the hotel was very well managed. The gentleman at the front desk did a great job of handling a line of guests waiting to check in. It was a common situation that if handled differently could have left people in a foul mood before they even got to their rooms.

The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. The wireless internet worked well. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a valued contributor for TA. Thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel and our service to you and the crew that stayed with us.

It is nice to know that my staff and i can leave a positive indelible impression despite the fact there was a lobby full of people.

We want to treat each and every guest with an individualization so they all are made to feel welcome and special. We nurture a strong culture that is specifically geared towards that very specific goal and as a team we work very hard it.

The reason we do this is we are very mindful of the fact that as consumers you have far too many choices and we do not want to give you any opportunity to go to my competition. In fact we want our competition to step up so all around we can offer a better service to all the folks that visit Franklin, Ky.

Thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you & your crew back to our town and our hotel.

sincerely & ありがとう

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Front Desk person Angela knows and does her job very well. From receiving Fed Ex deliveries, changing checkout times. Small things count. Complimentary cookies served at 6pm is a big plus too. Clean rooms and nice breakfast lobby. Give Angela a promotion/raise and have her start training Hotel staff around the country.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Dave,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about Angela.

You are absolutely correct Angela has always led by example to exemplify our guest service experience. I am proud of Angela and every guest that comes and stays with us raves about my staff and I encourage you to find, recognize and praise people in other businesses that make you feel special.

I don't think there is a better way to reward an employee other than getting a positive review from a guest who actually experience that quality of service and level of commitment, its simply priceless and what about the positive impact you just gave Angela to build on her confidence by raving about her to whole world!

Reviews are really an education to other people to know what they are getting when they buy a product or service and you just made my staff and hotel shine. Thank you for doing that.

There will come a time that failing hotels will actually want to consult with my staff & pay them to learn what a great guest service experience feels like and more importantly how to deliver it.

You don't need to have a Trump tower or the Taj with all the fanciful frills and out of the world decor to make people feel special. Sometimes it is the little nuances and the care we give to make our guests feel at home and I am very proud to have a team that does just that.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My family stopped into this hotel while the weather was bad. The gentlemen at the front desk was so friendly and had fantastic customer service. He suggested a great local mexican eatery. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at my hotel. I am glad that I was of assistance to you and your family. I had a blast checking you in and in fact I told your mother or mother in law I am not sure that checking you guys in was the best thing I did after my vacation back. I thought there for a minute that your son was interested taking our elevator home with him. He sure was fascinated by it.:))

I appreciate your service to our country and I am so happy you chose to stay with us and to top it all write about it. Please continue giving your reviews weather they are good or bad.

Peoples reviews are a powerful tool & a gauge, It facilitates other folks that are undecided to choose establishments that are in par to understand and deliver products and services that cater to its customers.

In the meantime my staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Thank you for making my day I loved reading your note.

santosh Xavier

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have stayed at this location several times over the past few years. Usually, it is our mid-way stopover when traveling from hoe to visit family in the Midwest. Have been in several rooms. All have been clean and comfortable. We have had a larger suite when traveling with kids - lots of room for everyone. Pet Friendly. Indoor pool and hot tub w a lift for accessibility. We called ahead about the lift August 2013. It was new and the manager on duty the day we were visiting told us she made sure it would work and that she knew how to use it before we arrived. Made our trip! She showed us how to operate the lift and it was easy and let everyone enjoy the indoor pool. The manager was so kind, she even brought us milk and cookies to the pool in the afternoon - to save us the trip to the front desk. Hotel has great HIEx breakfast - love the hot cinnamon rolls. Looking forward to our next trip

Room Tip: Wish we could give it more than 5 stars - very accessible for those w limited mobility
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a Senior Contributor for TA. Thank you also for taking the time to write about your memorable experience at my hotel and my staff's service to you and your family.

What is so gratifying and exuberating about your comments is my staff stepping up and doing my job. It is the best thing I want to hear from a guest.

Please be rest assured that the employee in question will be acknowledged and appreciated by me and she will enjoy and cherish this read as much as I.

As always we look forward to welcoming you and your family back. Please call and let us know your future plans so we can try and replicate or better our service by holding the same room at the bottom floor for your convenience.

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great stay from the friendly desk staff to the check out with awesome room, clean and comfy beds, great décor and room size with Free Breakfast until 10a!
What a nice surprise north of Nashville!
NO MICROWAVE as stated in the advertising...will keep this on the list to stay in future!

Room Tip: King Rooms...Nice Sized!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a senior contributor for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel and our service. I am sorry that the fact not all of our rooms have microwaves was inconvenient to you and your family.

We are in the process of upgrading all our rooms with microwaves as we have refrigerators....this process will take time as we have to factor not only the cost of purchasing the microwaves but also building the cabinets to fit both refrigerators and microwaves.

In the meantime please use my response here to visit us again as I offer you a 20% discount from our best available rate with a free upgrade to suite that will have both on your next stay.

Please send me an email at hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com with your itinerary details as my staff and I look forward to serving you and your family.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The property was very clean and quiet. The property was well maintained and the beds were comfortable. The evening staff was also very polite and courteous. Breakfast did not begin until 7 a.m. so we did not try that as we left early. I will stay at this property again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear SEBlake,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice note about my hotel and my staff.

I am sorry you could not stay and enjoy our breakfast. Next time when you are at our hotel & you are in a similar situation, where you have to leave before breakfast starts please call my front desk 15 to 20 minutes before you leave and we will manage a go plate for you.

We can put together a banana, apple, orange our signature Cinnamon roll or a muffin etc. We cannot put the warm food but I think a little something to take away will at least start your day not on a empty stomach. We would love to do that for you.

My staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back. Wishing all of you a happy, prosperous and a healthy 2014.

Yours truly

santosh xavier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
Days Inn Franklin
Days Inn Franklin
#6 of 10 in Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!