“Average stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived after driving a long thirteen hour day to a desk clerk that was NOT the least bit friendly or welcoming. Our room was nicely decorated and very clean. They are in great need of new towels and linens, as the ones being used are well worn. The breakfast room and cleanliness were wonderful In fact, the breakfast room lady was exceptionally professional. Her breakfast area was maintained constantly. She made a point of going over to each table to see if everyone was pleased and if there was anything she could assist them with today! As we were leaving, the same breakfast lady came running out because the car next to us had left a jacket in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: I recommend asking for a room that is NOT near the expressway. We asked for one but couldn't get...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for being a senior contributor to TA and thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that you did not get a friendly and welcoming experience from my staff. It is a refection of me through my staff and I take full responsibility for this failure.

It is my fault that I did not hone in on my people enough that the hospitality industry is so competitive that the truth of the matter is; irrespective of your personal feelings leave your emotions home don't bring them into a business.

It is a very hard habit to perfect because as human beings we do let our emotions sometimes take the better of our rational/normal behavior. I know I have let that happen to me a few times.

Regardless of what the reason you stayed in my house and were not satisfied I will make this right.

I want to give you my assurance that when you walk into the Holiday Inn Express in Franklin, Ky you will be given a respectful & warm welcome, we will treat you the way you are coming back home from a long day, we will let you relax & feel at home and then we will try and convince you to leave with a bellyful of our delicious breakfast to a great next day.

If at that time if something does not meet your expectations I will make reasonable concession to make this right.

Please call or email me: 270-586-7626 or hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com & let me know what I can do so you can move past the _ve episode you had and look at the +ve and give us another shot?

Yours truly

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Franklin Ky and simply can not say enough about how wonderful the entire experience was for us! The staff at this hotel could give lessons on customer service! We got to know several of them by name & they remembered our names every time we walked in the door! We felt well taken care of and really welcomed. We were able to enjoy our trip and not worry about anything. The breakfast is great, loved the biscuits and gravy!! The front desk staff was nothing short of amazing! The maintenance staff & housekeeping were so nice! We really felt like we were staying with friends. We can not wait to go back & visit family in KY again and there is no doubt we will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites! Thanks for a wonderful time! See ya again soon!!

Room Tip: ask for the suite, it's cost a little more but it is completely worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheRichardFamily
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Paula and Jim,

Thank you for putting us over the top with your note. My staff and I are having a blast reading what you have written.

This goes without saying you and your family and Oakley and his family are always welcome here because we consider you family.

Thank you once again for your kind words.

santosh

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Spent several nights here. All public areas and the room were very clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Bed was comfy and breakfast was good. Even fresh cookies throughout the day. Only gave four stars because it is a little pricey, but I guess you do get what you pay for.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank neecee33
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you being a senior contributor for TA, thank you for your business, thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel, my staff and our service to you and your family.

Typically our prices around the months of Jan and Feb are around the $100 they are our slow months. Our prices our dictated by demand and supply and fortunately for us there has been an unseasonal spike in demand and that has raised demand which in turn dictates our prices so there has been an 15 to 20% increase.

We do not compete with other hotel in prices what we do compete with them is the quality of service we offer and see if they can step up, match it or better it. As you can see for the last 2 years our guests have ranked us # 1 consistently. What can we say we just love spoiling our guests and they come back for more.:)

What is most refreshing to hear is that I sense from your comments you did see the value for what you spent and that is very gratifying for me to hear. For doing that my staff and I are grateful to you.

I do not wish to buy your loyalty by giving you money how about we better our service and give it to you for the same price? You can ask me how by sending me an email at
hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com or you can call me @ 270-586-7626 and I promise I will respond back.

yours truly

Reviewed 17 February 2014

From the online booking through check-in, a wonderful breakfast and expedient check-out; this stay rocked. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I was visiting Kentucky to pick up a puppy, brought one of my small dogs with me; but hadn't indicated anywhere (you can put it in the "notes" section when booking online) that I was bringing my pet.

Front desk staff was smooth and efficient at changing my room (which was of excellent quality) when we got there; breakfast was great, the coffee was awesome.

Again; from start to finish, I couldn't recommend this hotel more!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pitbullpony
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for being a member of TA and thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about my hotel, my staff and our service to you and your dog. Reviews are a portal to the soul of a business and I encourage you to write more of them so others can make an educated decision where to get value for their money.

I have 2 dogs myself so I am ardent about being pet friendly. Congratulations to you on your new addition I hope he/she makes you happy.

In the meantime we look forward to welcoming all of you back and spoil you with our southern hospitality.

sincerely

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a very good property all the way around. Every interaction with hotel staff left me with the impression that the hotel was very well managed. The gentleman at the front desk did a great job of handling a line of guests waiting to check in. It was a common situation that if handled differently could have left people in a foul mood before they even got to their rooms.

The rooms were clean, updated, and spacious. The wireless internet worked well. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a valued contributor for TA. Thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel and our service to you and the crew that stayed with us.

It is nice to know that my staff and i can leave a positive indelible impression despite the fact there was a lobby full of people.

We want to treat each and every guest with an individualization so they all are made to feel welcome and special. We nurture a strong culture that is specifically geared towards that very specific goal and as a team we work very hard it.

The reason we do this is we are very mindful of the fact that as consumers you have far too many choices and we do not want to give you any opportunity to go to my competition. In fact we want our competition to step up so all around we can offer a better service to all the folks that visit Franklin, Ky.

Thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you & your crew back to our town and our hotel.

sincerely & ありがとう

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Front Desk person Angela knows and does her job very well. From receiving Fed Ex deliveries, changing checkout times. Small things count. Complimentary cookies served at 6pm is a big plus too. Clean rooms and nice breakfast lobby. Give Angela a promotion/raise and have her start training Hotel staff around the country.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Dave,

Thank you for being a senior reviewer for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about Angela.

You are absolutely correct Angela has always led by example to exemplify our guest service experience. I am proud of Angela and every guest that comes and stays with us raves about my staff and I encourage you to find, recognize and praise people in other businesses that make you feel special.

I don't think there is a better way to reward an employee other than getting a positive review from a guest who actually experience that quality of service and level of commitment, its simply priceless and what about the positive impact you just gave Angela to build on her confidence by raving about her to whole world!

Reviews are really an education to other people to know what they are getting when they buy a product or service and you just made my staff and hotel shine. Thank you for doing that.

There will come a time that failing hotels will actually want to consult with my staff & pay them to learn what a great guest service experience feels like and more importantly how to deliver it.

You don't need to have a Trump tower or the Taj with all the fanciful frills and out of the world decor to make people feel special. Sometimes it is the little nuances and the care we give to make our guests feel at home and I am very proud to have a team that does just that.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My family stopped into this hotel while the weather was bad. The gentlemen at the front desk was so friendly and had fantastic customer service. He suggested a great local mexican eatery. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at my hotel. I am glad that I was of assistance to you and your family. I had a blast checking you in and in fact I told your mother or mother in law I am not sure that checking you guys in was the best thing I did after my vacation back. I thought there for a minute that your son was interested taking our elevator home with him. He sure was fascinated by it.:))

I appreciate your service to our country and I am so happy you chose to stay with us and to top it all write about it. Please continue giving your reviews weather they are good or bad.

Peoples reviews are a powerful tool & a gauge, It facilitates other folks that are undecided to choose establishments that are in par to understand and deliver products and services that cater to its customers.

In the meantime my staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Thank you for making my day I loved reading your note.

sincerely

santosh Xavier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 2 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!