“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. I stay here frequently when I am in the area. In fact, when I am in the area it is the only place I will stay. Great facilities, management and staff who are committed to making your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: The staff is most helpful and is committed to making your stay great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel and our service to you. It amazes me every time how a kind word from a guest goes such a long way to making our day. It energizes us to do even more for our guests.

Scott you have been such an avid spokesman for me, my hotel and my staff that I am quite frankly out of thank you's. But what you have done solitarily has paved way for opportunities for my team and I. For that I am humbled and forever indebted.

You have transcended from a guest to friend and a mentor and I am blessed to have known you.

santosh

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay in Holiday Inns when ever possible. I'm generally towing something and don't get to stay in Holiday Inn Express' very often, as most don't have large vehicle parking, the Franklin property does. This hotel is nice and well kept, the staff is very friendly and the complimentary hot breakfast is great. There is an excellent Mexican restaurant next door. Although the hotel is right next to I-65, I have never heard noise from the interstate.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for being a senior contributor for TA and thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about us and your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back and excel in our service to ensure that the next time you stay here you will give us a 5 *

yours truly

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were greeted warmly upon arrival, thanked for being IHG Preferred members, and offered free waters and milk for the kids. The desk staff complimented our nice tans. :) This place also has a nice INDOOR pool, unlike many other hotels in the area, and nice for the kids in cool weather. The location is great with many restaurants and shops nearby. We were traveling home from our spring break vacation in Florida, and this was a perfect spot to stop and rest. The room was very large, and the bathroom was large as well with plenty of counter space and even extra shelving next to the toilet. The fridge/freezer and microwave were convenient as well. Breakfast was typical free breakfast - pancakes and yummy cinnamon rolls were the highlights. The ONLY negative I can say is that there were several stains on the carpet, lampshades, and tiles in the bathroom. There was also fraying carpet edges between the bathroom and main room, and cobwebs up high near the ceilings and behind the bathroom door. These few things make it feel not quite as "clean" as other HIE hotels we have been at, and I think if they could tidy these few things up, it would've been near perfect. Regardless, we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: End of the hall rooms will be quieter as the walls are quite thin.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Good afternoon! Thank you being a top contributor for TA and most importantly thank you so much for taking the time to write about us.

There is nothing more embarassing for me when a guest who is paying me for my services has to remind me how to do my job. In a nutshell I am mortified. There are no excuses for cobwebs or stains like you observed; those need to be outside the hotel not inside my property.

I am surprised you gave me 4 stars if I would have been you I would have given me 2 or a 1 star. I think you were very genorous on your grading me.

Mistakes are stepping stones to making corrections. I just wish I had caught these before you did it would have saved me the embarassment. I am very sorry about it.

Please call me @ 270-586-7626 or email me @ hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com so I can discuss what I can do to make this alright for you. Once again I am very sorry that your expierience at my property was not 100% satisfying.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had called ahead for a reservation, and all was ready for me. The room was spacious, and quite comfortable, all was clean and very neat. The bathroom had everything one might need, and was especially clean. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well in it. Everything was in fine working order, ice was just a few steps from my door, and the staff was very helpful. This was my second time staying in this particular Holiday Inn Express, and I hope to make it a twice annual experience. Breakfast was hot and tasty, and there was hot coffee to take away from the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sid D
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Sid,

Good morning. Thank you for being a senior contributor for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about us.

It is a wonderful way to start our day when my staff and I read that the service and care we put in making your stay pleasurable put a smile on your face.

We work tenaciously and consistently so we can provide the same level of service to all our guests. It is indeed a very gratifying moment when guests such as yourself take the time out of your valuable day to remember and write about it for us & others to see. Well that's precisely how we make our living.

At the end of the day without our guests we are nothing but with our guests support we are something and it is nice to note that the continued avid support we get from all our guests sustains ourselves and our families all year along.

So thank you for doing that and thank you for making our day. It goes without saying that we look forward to welcoming you back to my hotel & in our town in Franklin, Kentucky.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

While on business I stayed at this holiday inn and was blown away by how hospitable the staff was . They were more than eager to help out with any questions we had and made us feel very welcomed. I definitely plan on staying here again next time I'm in the area .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a reviewer for TA & thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel, my staff and our service to you.

You cannot fathom how much it pleases my teammates to read what you have written. What you have touched upon is the quintessential part of the hospitality business and that is to make you feel special.

There is something in the air here in the south which manifests itself into the southern hospitality that you are alluding to. What we do here comes very naturally to us and what you experienced is something we endeavor to make each and every guest that stays with us feel.

It gives us tremendous joy to hear that we were able to leave an indelible impression good enough for you to write about us.

Thank you for doing that because you just made our day and we look forward to welcoming you back.

yours truly

Reviewed 29 March 2014

On our way back from Georgia, we decided to take our time and spend the night in Franklin, Ky. We had planned this in advance and booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express. At check in, we were greeted by a wonderful man who took great strides to make sure our accommodations were acceptable and that we were aware of the local restaurants that suited our tastes for dinner. The room was clean, comfortable and well maintained as was the rest of the property. Other than a few door slams by an inconsiderate guest down the hall, we rested well and woke up refreshed. The fare at the complimentary breakfast was tasty and well stocked. Nothing unique, but it was good, hearty breakfast food that filled us up and got us on our way. I would definitely recommend this property as a safe bet for clean, relaxing accommodations. There are chain and local restaurants close by as well as fuel for your vehicle. I would suggest purchasing fuel prior to driving through Kentucky (we were heading north). Gas and diesel prices are high compared to Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia. Get the GasBuddy app for your phone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear 92bobs92,

Thank you for being a senior contributor for TA and thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel, my staff and our service to you.

My staff and I enjoy reading your thoughtful comments and it gives us great joy that our hotel and the local restaurant met and exceeded your expectations to earn us a 5 star. Your words of encouragement goes a long way in boosting our morale. So thank you very much for doing that.

You are correct gas prices are cheaper here than most parts of the country.

Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived after driving a long thirteen hour day to a desk clerk that was NOT the least bit friendly or welcoming. Our room was nicely decorated and very clean. They are in great need of new towels and linens, as the ones being used are well worn. The breakfast room and cleanliness were wonderful In fact, the breakfast room lady was exceptionally professional. Her breakfast area was maintained constantly. She made a point of going over to each table to see if everyone was pleased and if there was anything she could assist them with today! As we were leaving, the same breakfast lady came running out because the car next to us had left a jacket in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: I recommend asking for a room that is NOT near the expressway. We asked for one but couldn't get...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
FRNKY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for being a senior contributor to TA and thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that you did not get a friendly and welcoming experience from my staff. It is a refection of me through my staff and I take full responsibility for this failure.

It is my fault that I did not hone in on my people enough that the hospitality industry is so competitive that the truth of the matter is; irrespective of your personal feelings leave your emotions home don't bring them into a business.

It is a very hard habit to perfect because as human beings we do let our emotions sometimes take the better of our rational/normal behavior. I know I have let that happen to me a few times.

Regardless of what the reason you stayed in my house and were not satisfied I will make this right.

I want to give you my assurance that when you walk into the Holiday Inn Express in Franklin, Ky you will be given a respectful & warm welcome, we will treat you the way you are coming back home from a long day, we will let you relax & feel at home and then we will try and convince you to leave with a bellyful of our delicious breakfast to a great next day.

If at that time if something does not meet your expectations I will make reasonable concession to make this right.

Please call or email me: 270-586-7626 or hiexfranklinkygmgr@gmail.com & let me know what I can do so you can move past the _ve episode you had and look at the +ve and give us another shot?

santosh xavier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 2 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin? Share your experiences!