“Stop Here If You're Hungry”
Review of Sol Azteca

Sol Azteca
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Despite some of the bad reviews, we stopped to eat here. The choices are limited @ this exit and after reading other reviews for other nearby restaurants, we decided on Sol Azteca. And we were not disappointed.

The chips and salsa were fresh. Queso dip was hot. Vegetarian fajitas were well-seasoned onions, green peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms. Substituted the usual flour tortillas for corn tortillas. My guy had the Burrito Sol Azteca with Beef. The sauce on his dish tasted slightly odd to his palate. He thought it tasted like a sweet enchilada sauce. Otherwise, we felt we made a great decision choosing Sol Azteca for our meal break.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Margaritas were awful - worst we have ever had. Beef chimichanga was terrible. Meat was chewy and tasted old. Enchilada was just okay.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

For what you get its good. Location is walking distance to hotels and close to Freeway access. Service works and the place isnt saturated with cigarette smoke.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Had lunch here after talking with a few locals. This place did not disappoint! The food had good flavor and was fresh tasting. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Good bang for your buck!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We've eaten here many times, & I can honestly say that I've never been disappointed ! The personnel are quite efficient, very friendly, & eager to get patrons served, pleasingly. Not that other eateries arn't OK, but SOL AZTECA stands out. Being that they are very friendly, I try to "carry-on" with the waiters in espanol, and learn a new word, each time I'm in a Mexican restaurant. Many times travelers are looking for a good place to eat & pick up supplies, while traveling I-65. SOL AZTECA, Lowes, Wal-Mart, CVS, & Dollar General's DOLLAR MARKET, are all in a stretch of U.S. 31W, that parallels I-65, and just a 3 mile drive off of "the BIG ROAD" ! Franklin is a good place to visit !

Been to Sol Azteca? Share your experiences!