“It was nasty”

Knights Inn Franklin East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Please don't stay here. The hotel was very hot and even the room was very hot and the ac was on high when we got into the room. The beds wasn't made and the bathroom was nasty and it had bugs in the bathtub. It was over priced. We went to the DAYS INN nearby and got a better deal and a lot cleaner room and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sisco31
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Franklin East

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Our son is riding a bicycle from Indiana to Florida bringing awareness and raising money for the American Cancer Society through an organization he started called Bike For Life. The stop in Franklin Kentucky was a stay at the Knights Inn. We made reservation two weeks prior but when the boys arrived the hotel had lost the reservation. The hotel clerk offered a room but told the boys that they would have to pay for the room before they could see it. The reservation was for a two bed, nonsmoking room. After paying for the room the boys walked in a room that only one bed and smelled like cigarettes and urine. My son went to the front desk and politely asked for a refund and was told that because they had walked in the room there would be no refunds. My son and the other two riders had traveled twelve hours on a bicycle and could not sleep in this room with just one bed.
This hotel didn’t just steal our money but took money that would have gone to the American Cancer Society. These are good kids who have worked so hard in bringing awareness and raising money for such a cause it’s a shame that some people such as the family that own and run the Knights Inn in Franklin Kentucky have to be so unscrupulous in their business practices. I would never recommend any one to stay at this hotel. I have talked to the corporate office and made a complaint. The corporate office was very apologetic and promised to look in to the problem.

Room Tip: Beware of this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dreamclean
Umesh c, Manager at Knights Inn Franklin East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

First of all you had made a reservation on the phone. When you do that you have a 24 hour cancelation policy this is not just for this hotel, but for every hotel in America. That is why you didn't receive your refund if you had canceled it that day in the morning or a week ago or even 24 hours ago you would have been given a full refund. Now for the one bed part that was an accident the desk clerk was new and he didn't fully understand about reservations, but he told me that he would give you 2 beds at the same price and the people rudely declined and walked away. Also, since it was a new desk clerk he didn't find the reservation, so it was never lost it was just a mistake on his part. For the cigarettes and urine part that is completely wrong the room he was given was 119 that is specifically non smoking we have never given it to anybody who smokes, so I am sorry if he had smelled something like that. Also, when he asked for a refund he never told the desk clerk what was wrong he never said that the room was filled with a smoking smell and a urine smell he just said he wanted a refund, so we couldn't have given the refund the cancelation policy we go and every other hotel goes by wouldn't allow it.

But I am the manager of this hotel and I am deeply sorry for all of this and if you come in next time we will give you a free room thank you.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I don't often experience a bad hotel or restaurant, but this was one of them. On entering, the receptionist, the owners wife, couldn't find our booking. She needed her spectacles!! The breakfast area was in reception with 3 tables so several people had to stand and eat. We went up to our room and the key card worked temperamentally. The bathroom was the only clean room in the place and the bedroom was very bare with no coffee maker. When I enquired of the owner, he said coffee was only served between 6 and 9a.m!! We slept very badly as people were arriving all through the night with no regard to guests sleeping. A very unhappy stay. Don't go there!

Room Tip: Sorry no pool. No good rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello this is the manager of Knights Inn of Franklin, KY and I would like to say sorry about your stay, but that desk clerk wasn't the owners wife she was a worker of the hotel. For the noisy part I am sorry you must have been given a room near the front office door so the bell of that must have made it a noisy stay. For the breakfast area part since it is a Knights Inn we are not required to even put breakfast or coffee, but we want to make the customers stay as best as we can so we put breakfast out and coffee and we are trying to put in hot breakfast as well which will include biscuits and gravy and also waffles. For the sleep quality being so low we have put in brand new mattresses in every room and these mattresses are the same mattresses that are put in Hampton Inns all across America we value the quality of sleep of our customers and we value the whole experience the customers have so I am very sorry but from the time you came in to now we have really renovated every room so again I am sorry about your stay and I welcome you to another stay and next time I will give you a room away from the door so your stay isn't noisy it will be quiet. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Please don't plan to stay here. Unfortunately, when you're on the road & tired you don't always think to check reviews before you check in. I had to ask for cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom. Filthy room, overpriced, would NEVER stay there again, or any Knights Inn based on our experience at this one.

Room Tip: Bathroom was filthy. Would never stay here again.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen W

I am very sorry about this, the reason the bathroom must have been like that was because the owner just had hired a new person to clean the room so she must have not cleaned the rooms to our expectation, but now she is fully experienced in cleaning the room and now because of this review I check every room to see if they are cleaned properly. The owner and I really value your feedback and I am very sorry about this please come stay with us again we will show you that everything has changed thank you.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here using hotel coupon from travel magazine, cost was only $41 including tax. This is an older hotel that has changed hands several times. The simplest furnished hotel did have large TV, refrigerator and microwave in room. The room was clean. The shower had an endless supply of hot water and strong water pressure. The TV had over 80 channels. Owner was pleasant as he checked me in.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew177

Thank you for giving us a good review we take pride in our rooms please come stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

I generally don't express opinions but report on what i found on my arrival and during my stay there.....
- very clean looked recently painted
- 7 towels
- microwave & fridge
- a/c that worked
- Outside door handle hanging - need to hold up to use card
- 1 bed + recliner (w/cigarette burn smaller than a dime)
- old furniture - one drawer may have been off the track
- includes soap & shampoo
- newly remodeled room
- beautifully tiled bathroom - clean ceramic - probably recently remodeled
- removable shower nozzle - spray area about the size of a 1/2 dollar
- water pressure low
- new carpeting - soft and clean
- firm mattress - lower one exposed
- thick curtain dark room had a great night sleep

Room Tip: Pick up a coupon in the motel guides available at State rest stops.....if you're staying in that...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FreqTravelER12345
Umesh c, Manager at Knights Inn Franklin East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review we really appreciate it. I hope you are able to stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Here's a copy of the letter that I've submitted to the corporate offices of Knights Inn:

As soon as we sat our bags down, 3 cockroaches came out to great us. In addition to the welcome party, we found a dead cockroach in the refrigerator. Then, adding insult to injury, the foam toilet seat was cracked in 2 places, exposing the interior foam. This is VERY unsanitary. Needless to say, we didnt stay there. I asked for a refund and was told since I booked the reservation via Orbitz, then the refund would have to come from Orbitz. I called Orbitz twice and Orbitz attempted to get my money refunded. We were told 2 didderent stories. I think someone is giving me the runaround. I expect a refund. I did not stay at the roach motel. I left and stayed at a different hotel down the road. I expect a response within 5 business days, otherwise I will take my photos the welcome party of roaches, the nasty toilet seat, and the photo of the dead roach in the fridge to 1 The BBB 2 The Heath Department and 3 The Office of the Attorney General.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shoo H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Days Inn Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Franklin
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bowling Green

Been to Knights Inn Franklin East? Share your experiences!