“Perfect”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
“Perfect”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Just arrived after 12 hours of driving. Excellently manicured grounds. I had no reservation but the guy was very nice. I had pretty low expectations but the room is nice. Blankets are clean. Bathroom is clean. Shower is hot. Worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Libby411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Elyria
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stay at Econo Lodge in Franklin, KY once a year on my annual trip to see my sister. The staff is great and the room has always been clean and comfortable. If you have any complaints, let the front desk know and they will take care of it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rosef407
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have never stayed in such a disgusting room. There was what looked like semen stains on one of the blankets. The fridge was not working properly and was making noise. If we had not already carried my daughter into bed we would of left. We already called all the other hotels around the area and all were booked so we just made do. We were so disgusted we left at 430 am. That left us with less then 5 hours of sleep. Then to top it off we went to jump in the shower to help wake us up. It was broken. It just trickled down and the temp was either scalding hot or freezing. I jumped out and my husband and daughter didn't even bother. When I went to check out all he said to me was sorry you should of come to me last night and I would of refunded your money. I asked him how he could even rent it out. He told me no one has ever complained. I find it hard to believe. If I wasn't pregnant and my daughter was not already sleeping I would of slept in our car.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Chanta1975

Travellers are raving about these Franklin hotels

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Let me start by saying there are not words....I felt like I was staying in a motel in a third world country. The mattress had pieces taken out of it, literally...and was so flat and hard like it was pulled out of the dump. There were stains all over the mattresses including a stain that covered a large surface of the side, like dog crap or vomit. I can't confirm because I feared getting too close. Our refrigerator didnt work and to top it off it smelled like someone urinated in it. That coupled with the heat emanating from the plugged in unit not cooling...there wasn't words. The carpet, grungy and very soggy from dirt and grit. Save your money and sleep in the car. After all that I wasn't touching the continential breakfast. I didn't want to risk it. Filthy dirty isn't even giving its honest justice. It needs to be condemned. For the $66 dollar price, including tax and AAA discount....they need to be taken off the list. The other hotels were booked or we would have left. Unbelievable!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2011

2nd time we stopped on our way home from Florida. Just needed a cheap, clean place near the highway. Picked up the hotel coupon book from the welcome center and saved about $5. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and shower was good. Hear a freight train whistle which awoke us, but minimal highway noise. The free breakfast was just average. Great place to eat dinner across the street.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Ice machines broke, and a piece of curly pubic hair and lots of lint/dirt in ice bucket!
very meager continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelalot963
Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2006

We were just passing through Kentucky on our way home from vacation & stopped at the Econo Lodge at Exit 2 to spend the night. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. However, we went to our room & it was HORRIBLE!! The light switch by the door didn't turn anything on so I stuck my hand up a lamp shade to turn on the light & the first thing I saw was a shadow from the outside of the shade. I carefully peaked up into the lampshade & gratefully; it was only a half dead fly. I then noticed that the floors looked like they hadn't been swept for a very long time & I don't think they have ever used sweeper attachments because the dirt/dust build up around the perimeter of the room & furniture was awful! I looked up & the ceiling was chipping & I noticed at least 4 flies on the ceiling before I had to look away. Just to see if it could get worse I checked out the bathroom. The bottom of the bathtub was stained with dirt buildup & there was something around the drain that was either curled up dead bugs or mouse feces. I knew I couldn’t stay. On my way out the door I noticed that the deadbolt was broken off. I went back to the lady that checked me in & said that I can’t stay because my room is too dirty. She apologized & voided my transaction.

• Liked — Front desk help was frienldy
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank heathersr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Franklin
Best Western Bowling Green
Best Western Bowling Green
#4 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!