“Nice hotel in spite of current renovation in progress”

Hampton Inn Franklin
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It needs some up-dating and they're working on that. Franklin Hampton has the construction alert on their website so this shouldn't catch you by surprise if you've done your research before booking. Cut them some slack folks. It seems that they've lowered their rates to compensate for their construction, so currently a very good value. Staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice, especially that wonderful bedding! Ovens are working again so hot breakfast was offered, as well as the usual continental choices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happytravelers42838
Hampton I, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your positive comments, it is greatly appreicated. We are almost finished with renovation, please come and visit us.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Not the same hotel we had stayed at in September. Lobby/breakfast area under construction so the "free hot breakfast" was set up in the exercise area and was bad, equivalent to a Best Western not a Hampton. No bag snack or any bottles of water to take along like we have come to appreciate. Hopefully it will be back to "normal" when we make the return trip the end of March. Asked for room on the quiet side which we were given and the room accomodations were fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the building away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Sorry your stay was not quite what you hoped it would be. We are now almost finished with renovation, please come back and visit us.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

First, let me preface this review by stating that I understand this hotel is under remodel. I knew that going into my stay. Here's why I was very disappointed in the property:

- Not ample parking for the guests, we had to park in the left rear of the property behind some overgrown bushes where we could not see our car from the hotel. It felt unsafe as our car was out of sight and parked in a dark/unlit area

- The room we were assigned had what appeared to be drywall dust/construction dust in the carpet. It should've been vacuumed before guests were assigned to stay in the room

- The furniture in the room was worn and outdated - it clearly needed to be replaced

- There was a patch on the wall where it looks as though a repair was done and the paint to cover the repair did not match the wall color

- The free hot breakfast was a disappointment. We were instructed to microwave frozen ham/cheese omelets from a fridge on a styrofoam plate in microwaves that were inefficient at reheating foods at best. The rest of the items for the breakfast buffet were cold items that you'd see at a typical continental breakfast. Certainly not the "free hot breakfast" I've come to expect from a Hampton.

The property does appear to fit the quality I've come to expect from the Hampton brand. The ceilings and building structure appear to be concrete and no matter how much remodeling is done, the strange ceiling will remain in the rooms, giving it a dated and industrialized look. It's just mismatched in terms of the quality of the building and the quality of the Hampton brand.

Room Tip: If possible and available, request a room that has been remodeled
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

I'm sorry for your disappointment with our hotel. Since you stay, we have under gone a complete renovation and things look great. Please stay with us again, and I think you will find us more pleasing.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The lobby/breakfast area were being remodeled, so it was not as good as we have come to expect from Hampton, but overall a good experience. They did the best they could with what they had to work with. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGT97

Thank you for staying with us. We are almost finished with our renovation and I think you will be impress with the results. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 5 years when we travel to Florida for Xmas vacation. It is a great location. The hotel staff is very curtious. We are HH Gold Members, and they always acknowledge us. The rooms are usually clean and comfortable. We have requested a rollaway bed each visit, and have never had any problems. We will continue to stay at this Hampton Inn on our travels to Florida. Breakfast is also very good, but the last time we were there, they did not serve biscuits. They had sausage and eggs, but no biscuits:( We were disappointed in that. Great hotel, great value.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JIM N

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are glad to have you. We are almost finished with renovation, so come and see our updated hotel.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Our son lives in Franklin and we spent the day visiting with him. The staff people were very kind and helpfull. The breakfest was better than most. It would be nice if thay had glass in the room and breakfest area instead of paper and plastic. Fresh cookies and fruit in the lobby is a wonderful treat.

Room Tip: We stated on the first floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank elizabeth W
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I travel about 50-75% of each month on business and 95% of the time choose Hampton Inn's. I was not satisfied with this stay at all, which is very unusual for Hampton Inn's and my stays with Hampton's. I wasn't greeted in a friendly manner, wasn't acknowledged as an hhonors member, and it only got worse from there. I got to my room on the third floor, and it was exactly what I was expecting, a king-sized, non-smoking room with a jacuzzi tub. I was thoroughly surprised at the fact that this Hampton did have a fridge and microwave, as most of them do not (something I despise!!!!). I love having the microwave and fridge :). The room felt very cluttered as there was the fridge and microwave as soon as you got into the room, then right next to that there was the luggage bench, then the dresser and TV on it, then a huge armoir, then the desk...all on the same wall! There was also a couch in the room, but I couldn't sit on it to watch TV because of all the extra crap in the room, you couldn't see it from there! The strength of the jets on the jacuzzi tub was less than satisfactory, there was a lot of noise coming from the other rooms, and I feel that the housekeeping service that is performed daily was substandard. I killed probably about 10-15 flies each day in this room, none of which were cleaned up when I wasn't in the room when the maids should have been in there. It was very disturbing having to constantly kill flies. It made me feel like this hotel was dirty and disgusting! Also, the gym was not available to use as they were redoing it. The equipment was in the room next door, but according to the sign, it didn't say whether or not it could be used. If you asked, they told you it could, but the equipment was in the meeting room next door. It was not very condusive to getting proper exercise. Also, when I was there, there was a problem with the water. Staff didn't inform you of this, and you had to call the front desk to see how long it would be, and they couldn't give you a good estimate of time. I think the only positive thing I can say about this Hampton (considering I have stayed in quite a few), is the fact that they had microwaves and fridges in their rooms, and the breakfast was very yummy. Other than that, I was not happy at all!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franklin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Franklin
#2 of 2 in Portland
Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Hampton Inn Bowling Green
#7 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!