“Great hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great place to stop and recharge! Rooms were very clean, the front desk staff were very nice! It was after midnight when we got there and we did not have reservations! They really took care of us, when my family travels to South Carolina, Lexington is the halfway spot this will be the hotel we stop at!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I loved reading your review and am so happy that you had a wonderful experience! I hope you had plenty of rest being that you arrived so late. If you get the chance to visit again, make sure to let us know if you need more time to sleep; we would be happy to give you a later check-out time and even help with preparing a to-go tray for breakfast to take with you when you leave.

You are more than a guest to us here at the Holiday Inn Express Georgetown, you are FAMILY!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were at this property conducting a week long professional certification program for 50+ people.

The hotel is very well designed and offers a good breakfast, The staff was very supportive of our meeting and met all of our needs quickly. The location is a bit hard to find the 1st time, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Be certain to visit old Georgetown, which is about 2 miles away- very charming

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HoganHospitality
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

I genuinely appreciate your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that our employees did such a great job at making your experience with us a positive one. We strive everyday to make each guest feel like family and we treat them as long-time friends because you mean so much to us.

It would be our greatest pleasure to serve any of your future lodging/meeting needs!

Have a wonderful 2014!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Property has apparently converted from a new design Holiday Inn to an HIE. It's very nice in all areas and staff friendly. Great location and close to Lexington. Lots of food nearby as well. Only minus would be the lack of any water, welcome gift etc at check-in for IHG Platinum member. But this may be due to me using points for free night. Would highly recommend this property, and I will be back!

Stayed: December 2013
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. Earlier this year we converted to a Holiday Inn Express and are so happy that you noticed the upgrades! As a Platinum member of our IHG Rewards Program, your benefit package does include a welcome amenity and I am so very sorry that this was not offered to you. Whether you are staying on points or not, you are always important to the success of our business and we strive to thank you in many ways.

Remember that next year, beginning January 1 2014, our Platinum members will now have a choice of a welcome amenity or additional points for your stay so you can earn towards a free night stay quicker.

Thanks again for being loyal to IHG and the Holiday Inn Brand Family.

Best Regards and Warm Cinnamon Rolls!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was on my way home from school and was going to stay the night in this hotel. My mom had already prepaid for me to stay there so that I wouldn't have to mess with it once I got there. However, at around 10 oclock someone called my room phone claiming that they were the front desk and said that there was a system glitch and they needed to re-enter my card number. Since I was there alone I had to give them mine. About five minutes later they called back saying that it was invalid and they needed another one. So the man at the "front desk" offered to call my parents number and get their card. It popped up as a blocked number so once they started askign for the card number my mom figured something was wrong. Luckily, she didn't give them her card number and told me to check my bank statement. It had been charged $465 by this person I had given my information too. The problem was also that they knew my last name before I gave it to them. Somehow the information was obtained from the hotel and used.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hayley D

I hope this finds you well.

I am deeply sorry that you had a horrible experience while visiting our property. In today's electronic age, this sort of issue has unfortunately became prominent.

At our hotel, we take confidentiality very seriously. If someone calls to speak to a guest, even if they have your room number, we require they verify your identity before transferring the call. If we have any suspicions, our policy is to contact you directly and verify if you were expecting a call. If you were not, we will inform the caller that they have incorrect information and nothing further can or will be done by our staff. If they call and ask for you by name, we will transfer the call, and this seems to be the case.

I am curious; however, about how you booked your reservation. Many times, if you book online through a website, your information can become vulnerable.

Again, I am so very sorry about the troubles. If there is anything that I can do to assist you in this matter, please do not hesitate to let us know. You are very important to us here. I hope you had an enjoyable holiday season and we look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

After attending Colts vs Titans football game, my son and I stopped here to rest halfway back home. We were tired and ready for bed!the check-in was fast, even gave us a snack bag with chips and bottled water. The room was clean, the shower was hot and the beds were very comfortable, more so than some luxury hotels I've stayed in. Walmart and gas just right next door. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review!! We are so happy to hear that you had a good stay with us! We are excited to see you again!! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review! Have a safe and happy holiday season!!!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Was attending a business meeting in Georgetown and the gathering was at the Holiday Inn Express. As soon as I entered the property the front desk agent greeted me with a delightful smile and a warm hello. Service was good, room was very nice and the service staff in the eating area were very helpful. The meeting room was attractive and the hotel location is excellent (lot of food establishments in the area and the downtown area is just a five minute drive.

The property has a nice fitness center and pool area.

Room Tip: I always select a room on the top floor just to have no noise over me..:0)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Paula H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello DrMarc9491!!!!

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on our property!!!!

Our staff works hard to make sure that each and every guest has an enjoyable stay.

We would like to wish you and your family a happy and safe holiday season!!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We planned a last minute visit to Lexington to go to Keeneland. All of the usual places we stay in Lexington were sold out or super expensive so we looked at Georgetown. This Holiday Inn seemed like the best choice since we needed two queen size beds.
When we checked in it was raining very badly and there was a line at check in. There was only one male associate there and it was quite backed up. When I checked in he announced my room number by calling housekeeping and asking "is room ### ready"? WIth others in the lobby I wasn't sure that was the best move.
Our room was at the very end of a long hallway. The room was super clean and had 2 very large and comfortable clean beds. We never heard a toilet flush, a door slam or any other noise. Maybe because we were at the end of hall?
Speaking of the toilets, my only complaint about the room itself was our toilet. It ran on it's own off and on throughout the night. It also always needed at least 2 flushes to get everything taken care of. Weird.
When we went down for breakfast we noted an enormous breakfast area. Way bigger than most hotels of this size. We anticipated a large offering of breakfast items to match the room size. What we experienced was underwhelming. A couple of bagels, one dried out muffin,a couple of pieces of bread for toasting, 6 hot cinnamon rolls and prefab eggs and rubbery sausage. There was no fruit except for 3 over ripe bananas. There was not even a fresh waffle maker. The counter where there could have been a nice selection of food was very bare. On our second morning we were at the tail end of a large group of teenage boys who wiped out the meager offerings. The breakfast host did whip up some bacon... the rest of the dried sausage from the day before was gone, but that was gone in mere minutes when the boys caught a whiff. I did get the remaining muffin(seems like they always just had one out and then replaced the one muffin) but it was dried out and incredibly stale. Any an underwhelming breakfast compared to their peers.
When we came back to our room on the second day our room keys no longer worked. When the overworked male initially checked us in he must have only initiated the key for one night not two. So when the key did not work I had to walk back down that very long hallway, wait for the elevator and then get it fixed and then walk back up and hope it worked.
OK so maybe I am making this sound worse than it was? Other than the toilet the room was very nice, comfortable and quiet. If you want a nice breakfast you may want to go to Cracker Barrel across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Paula H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We apologize that your stay with us was anything less than 100% satisfactory. When we have groups in house we try and place other guests as far away from them as possible. Due to the fact that we were at 100% occupancy some guests end up closer to the group. We try to be proactive and prevent guests from hearing the groups by letting the coaches know that any complaints will be directed to them. Although it is inevitable that some noise will be heard. Also when we have groups in house, especially teenagers, we make sure that more food is prepared the night before. This helps to prevent any delay of our breakfast buffet not being fully stocked. Again, we are very sorry that your stay was not what you expected. Please consider us for future stays in the area, so that we can grow to exceed your expectations.