“Overall a pleasant experience with a couple of glitches”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Overall a pleasant experience with a couple of glitches”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Overall we had a positive experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and check in seemed to be a breeze. The hotel seemed to be maintained very well. My two biggest issues was that there was no continental breakfast, but they do have an overpriced restaurant. We ended up forking over the money for the restaurant and the food was pretty good. The other issue was that our “Nonsmoking room” actually smelled of smoke. They quickly moved me to another room when I notified the front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
WSizemore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback! In April of 2013, we converted from a Holiday Inn to a Holiday Inn Express and now offer complimentary breakfast to all our guests! If ever you are in the area again, we would love to have you visit to see all our wonderful upgrades!

W. Sizemore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband,college aged son and I stayed for 1 night in this hotel on our way to moving our son to Lexington. This hotel is about a mile or so from I75 and we had to ask directions from some locals to find it. We arrived very late with no problems whatsoever with check in. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is decorated in very good taste and seems to be quite new. Our room was spacious with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge. We had 2 queen size beds which are difficult to find in a hotel room with 2 beds. The beds were extremely comfortable and came with an assortment of different pillows from hard to soft. The mattresses were also very comfortable. The room and bathroom were both very clean and everything in the room including the 42inch flat screen TV was in good working order. Water pressure was fine and did not run hot to cold. We ate breakfast in the restaurant Saturday morning and had the buffet which was our only choice. The buffet was fine, nothing special. I had been under the impression that the breakfasts were made to order. Breakfast was not included in our night's stay. All in all, I would say this is an extremely nice place to stay for the AAA price of $75.00 per night that we paid. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Lexington.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
The title of your review should have been "First rate accommodations for a first rate guest!" You are very kind and we genuinely appreciate you!

Warmest Regards,

Atlanta
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I'm very conflicted about this hotel. It seems brand new, which is nice, but I can tell they are not paying attention to detail. We arrived at night and the parking lot was very dark...I would have felt better with a little more light. The guy at the reception desk was texting when I walked up to the desk and I guess he couldn't be interrupted until he was finished. The door to the room we were given was broken, it would slam shut behind you, would not lock and the latch that you flip over the door as extra protection was broken. You could actually stand outside the room and just push the door open without a key or turning the handle. There were scratches on the furniture and doors and a stain on the bed covers. We called down to get another room. Someone brought us up a key to our new room, but did not even care to see what was wrong with the door. The furniture is cheap but the bed was the most comfortable out of three hotels we visited on our trip. The bathroom is great...clean with granite counter tops. Nice tile floor and a solid surface bath/shower surround. The huge 42" TV' was nice as well. The rate was ok, but no breakfast was included. The best thing this hotel has going for it is that is is new. I give it about five years until it really begins to show its age. Overall it was OK (clean safe place to get some rest before getting back on the road).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bgsaye
holidayinngeorgetow, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Lexington-North Georgetown for your recent stay in our area.

1) Management and security staff were approached about the possibility of having more lighting in the parking lot at night.

2) Management was approached about the possibility of a breakfast being provided at some future time.

3) Maintenance was informed of the broken locks on the door of the room first assigned to your use and instructed to see to their repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Lexington-North Georgetown. I think you will be greatly pleased and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Denver, CO
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I am going to start off by saying this is by far one of the best hotel experiences I have had and I stay at anywhere from 8-12 hotels a year. Keep up the good work! I would stay here again and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Lexington area.

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting the Lexington area. I arrived Friday night and was checked in promptly. The guest relations folks were very helpful and wound up saving me a few dollars on dinners at the hotel with their Priority Club (points system). I headed up to my room to shower after a 19 hour drive. I was given a room on the 4th floor. When I arrived on the 4th floor the smell of cigarette smoke was unbearable in the hallway (this facility is an entirely non smoking facility). The smoke had not gotten into my room, so I unpacked and showered. By the time I was out of the shower the smoke was starting to come under the door. An easy fix of placing a towel over the air gap under the door and I figured I could handle it. I headed downstairs for dinner and simply made mention to the desk staff that someone on the 4th floor was smoking and they immediately changed my room to the 2nd floor. Despite me using the shower and needing to eat dinner, they accommodated me without ever being asked! Wow! That is service. They told me to finish dinner and get my things moved and simply to turn the old keys in, and it worked just like that.

Dinner at the restaurant was fantastic. I had a half priced appetizer (Priority Member discount) and $1 beer to start. Great service and very friendly. I had a vegetable platter (grilled fresh vegetables, squash, zucchini, peppers, carrots over a bed of long grain rice pilaf). Great flavor and the veggies were cooked just right and tossed in a nice light olive oil. I had dinner again late on Sunday night and the restaurant was empty so the service was a bit slower than Friday night, however the food was still just as great!

The rest of my stay was great. Oh yeah, and the king size bed was very comfortable, and made for a great nights sleep... The kind of bed that when you wake up it takes a minute to remind yourself you aren't at home.

The days I didn't need the room made up I left the do not disturb sign up and housekeeping left me a bag with fresh towels, soap/shampoo, and coffee.

Overall, for the $69 a night I paid for this hotel on a weekend stay I could not ask for anymore. Newer, modern location, great service, friendly, clean, quiet, good food, comfortable bed, mini fridge and microwave in the room, good sized room, convenient location and great value! They also have a small fitness center and swimming pool that I did not have a chance to use, but both were clean and inviting.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TrvlngPhtgrphr83

chicago suburb, il
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stayed for an overnight while passing through Kentucky. The room was nicely appointed and the shower was one of the best we ever had! Very spacious! The front desk help was very pleasant, courteous, and efficient. Many food choices are within walking distance. Our only complaint was the louder than usual noise level of the fan/cooling system, a minor distraction to a good nights sleep!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed here for a night while traveling to Florida. The room was large with a comfortable king bed. The facility looks new and was very clean throughout. The shower was large with good water pressure. All-in-all ot was a very nice place to stay. The hotel is close to I-75 and Starbucks.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Illinois_John

Kentucky
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I stayed here once in January because I had a banking seminar only a couple miles away the next day (Georgetown training & conference center is very close) . I named my price on priceline.com (only $50, $63 after tax) and was VERY pleased. Everyone was very nice, the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I have another seminar coming up this month and have already booked another room here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business