“Great trail ride”

Whispering Woods Riding Stable
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Georgetown
More attraction details
Owner description: If you’re looking for that special place to take your Family, Friends, Group or just a day for Yourself to experience true Horseback Riding. Then you must experience Whispering Woods Riding Stables. We offer miles of trails on over 250 acres. Our trails are heavily wooded with hills, creeks, lots of beautiful hardwood trees, and wildlife. Deer, fox and turkey are often spotted on our trails. Our trails are suitable for beginners but challenging enough to be interesting for more experienced riders.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a great place for a trail ride while I was visiting Lexington to watch the Rolex. My friend and I were the only guests for our hour, and went out with two guides. We told them that we had riding experience, so they took us on a route that was a little more challenging than normal - a lot of up and down hills. The trails were very hilly, and through deep woods. We didn't go to any open areas to canter, but the walking was nice. We definitely plan to go back next time we're at Rolex.

1  Thank Kristin R

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was a great place to ride. They knew our experience level and pit us one 2 wonderful sweet horses named King and Poppy. The trail was beautiful. It was quiet and the horses were calm. The hour trip costs 30. Don't forget to tip the trail guide it is how they earn a living.

2  Thank MichelleLohio
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We enjoyed the two hour trail ride that we took. The horses are obviously well cared for and the ride was extremely pleasant. The ride in the woods is up and down hills and through creeks, so you play an active role in the riding as opposed to some riding stables where you sit in the saddle and that's it.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My 13 year old niece and I went for a trail ride on Sunday at Whispering Woods. We were looking for some place to go riding in the Lexington area, and here you get twice as long a ride as at the horse park for the same price. The guides were personable and funny, and very good with my somewhat opinionated niece. :) The only negative was that the trails really were very muddy, so that made the ride a little challenging at times.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I went riding for our anniversary at Whispering Woods Riding Stables. Was greated respectfully when you walk in and through the whole experience, we have been to several riding stables and this one is so far the best we have been too.

1  Thank Robert D