“Absolutely Great! Stay here!”

Comfort Suites - Georgetown
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have read some reviews on here about how they are doing renovations here and that some of the rooms are bad, but the room we got has already been renovated and is clean, quiet, and overall, great! The service is always great here, very quiet nights, and easy access to Lexington! This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Elisa R, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review, it's nice to hear that our guests are satisfied with their stay. We are still finishing up our renovations and would love to have your feedback once everything is complete. Hopefully you will have to opportunity to stay with us again in the future if your travels bring you back to Georgetown, Kentucky.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Right off the interstate with lots of restaurants choices close by. I was aware that they are remodeling and so I was not terribly shocked at the bathroom. Room was clean and neat. The bed/pillows are awesome. The breakfast was fine, eggs/sausage/biscuits and gravy. The pool is very chilly as stated in previous reviews. The kids did not seem to mind, but it took us adults awhile. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable when asked about directions.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Elisa R, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the feedback and always try to use it to improve our quality of service for everyone. We do still have some work to do with the renovations and I hope you have a chance to stay with us again once everything is completed. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I must say that it seems our room might have been the only one with problems. I did rate the hotel on their website and got back a nice letter explaining all the reasons for the problems. I must say that we have stayed in hotels from Canada to Florida and from New York to Seattle and have never run into so many problems in a single room. The problems were no smoke detector in the room, a wire sticking out of the molding near the bed that was to be used the hook up the new thermostat. The faucet in the sink never stopped running. The toilet water tank leaked. The bath drain was not secure on the drain. The bathroom door lock was damaged. The room had bee recently paint but you could still see the old paint. There was no room between one bed and the wall and the other bed there was no room between the bed and the heating unit.
I would suggest staying elsewhere until all renovations are complete. Now for the good. The beds were as good as any we have slept on. The carpet was very nice and clean. The new floors were nice. I did have a chance to inspect several other room while the staff was cleaning and did not find any problems in those room. We were in room 127 so you might want to ask to be changed it given this room. I have pictures of all the problems. We did not notice the problems until we arrived at 10 pm from a concert. If we had noticed earlier we would have asked for another room which I was told we would have gotten.

Room Tip: Avoid room 127. Inspect your room carefully ask for another room if it has problems.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry-retired

Since your stay with us maintenance has fixed the issues in the bathroom as well as the smoke detector. Again I apologize that everything was not correctred prior to your stay. I do hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again once all renovations are complete and please let us know how you like the finished product. Thank you again for bringing all of the items to our attention.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

You get everything you need at this hotel for a very affordable rate! Clean rooms, VERY comfortable beds, up to date decor, nice desk and big flatscreen! Also the bathroom was clean and had plenty of amenities. Internet was also fast and had no troubles with it. The Pool did looks nice, however I did not use it on this stay. Staff was very professional and extremely helpful. Will stay again!

Room Tip: Grab a hotel coupon book and get the already affordable rate cheaper!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Elisa R, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay and I'm so happy to hear that you did! I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you're in Georgetown, Kentucky and hopefully you'll have time to enjoy the pool and hot tub.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We selected this place because it looked like it would be convenient for traveling back and forth to the Kentucky Horse Park, and it was. The beds and choice of pillows were comfortable. The room was clean. There was very little noise from the hallway. Breakfast was adequate. Staff seemed nice. My only complaints are the $20/dog/night charge and there not being a designated dog area adjacent to the building. Otherwise, we enjoyed staying here and would definitely consider returning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Elisa R, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I am glad you chose to stay with us while visiting the Kentucky Horse Park. I'm also glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Check in went smoothly - wouldn't use my coupon however since I had a 'special' rate. Room was nice size but we noticed immediately that the wood plank floor under the desk was covered with a white film. It was a Friday late afternoon when we checked in. I called the front desk to report the problem & they were less than enthusiastic about coming up with a mop. They did however & at first it seemed to resolve the issue but when the floor dried, it was still there. The rooms seem older & in need of some repair. I did notice much equipment on the first floor as if remodeling was taking place. They had popcorn & cookies in the lobby - nice. The bed was very comfortable. The headboard & night stand however had chips out of the wood & need to be fixed. There was no toilet paper holder, just the loose roll sitting on the bathroom shelf, which is ok, just a little different. We had booked 2 rooms - our room had an ironing board the 2nd room did not. The 2nd room's door lock was very loose & not very secure. We only stayed one night so we just dealt with it. Breakfast was ok. They did have waffles which were nice. The sausage gravy needed replacing & I mentioned that to the lady there. Instead they brought more biscuit before bringing gravy so unless you wanted biscuits & jelly, you were out of luck for a while.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I apologize that you could not use the coupon; those are for walk-in only and cannot be applied to a reservation but I am glad that you did already have a discount on your rate. We do have a couple of rooms where will be have to replace some of the tiles because of the paint, grout etc. that was left on them and I believe you were in one of those rooms. We do still have to do the touch-ups in all of the rooms and all of the issues will be addressed. We do now have the toilet paper holders up in every bathroom and our new furniture is ordered and should be here later this summer.

I do hope if your travels bring you back to Georgetown, Kentucky later this year that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

In town for the Horsey Hundred Bicycle ride. A great event. I try to attend every year and I always stay here. Large and clean rooms. The bed was clean and very comfortable. I was on the second floor of three, not my favorite, but my room was quiet. The staff were very attentive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Elisa R, Manager at Comfort Suites - Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you were able to enjoy your stay and liked the large and clean rooms. Our staff is always trying to find ways to improve in order to provide our guest with the most amazing stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to meeting you again!