“Pleasantly pleased”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Overall average hotel but staff went above and beyond most. Mornings were always a treat, nice selection and an absolutely delightful server. The staff make the stay worth the trip! The place appeared to stay busy and the pool was very well maintained. I'd come back just for the staff's smiling and friendly faces.

• Stayed: September 2013
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We take pride in Customer Service so Thank you for letting us know how great our staff is. We hope to see you on your next visit to Glasgow. Best Regards and Safe Travels, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, actually just 3. I had booked 4. The place was not in good shape. My door was sprung and when the latch was turned it sprung open; it didn't fully close. The bathroom door was also sprung. Evidence of both was the hinges not seating fully on the doors. The place was used by a lot of construction folks. Noisy and busy.
I ended up not staying for all 4 nights, although I had paid for that. I simply moved to a Bowling Green motel. Peaceful.
The place allowed the construction workers to set up grills on one side of the facility. Just seemed to be more geared to that than normal travelers. When I first checked in, I saw an informal gathering by some of the workers playing fairly loud music and sitting outside drinking beer. I asked the desk person about this and her explanation was that the workers were just unwinding and would probably get to bed early since they got up early. My room was on the ground floor and the room above me was a bit noisy.
Overall, I would not stay there again. The management seemed to be more focused on the work crews who stayed there for days at a time.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room away from stairways.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jerry T
Lori T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am very sorry your stay was not you had hoped for. I will take your suggestions and review with the staff and work to improve each guest stay. We work very hard to make sure all guest are happy with their stay. I hope if your are back in the area you will give us another chance. We do have a mixture of guest that stays with us and our goal if for all to be satisfied. Again I apologize for the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a late review from our 2012 summer road trip of the US. My wife checked in to the Comfort Inn while my grandson and I took a tour through Mammoth Cave. She returned to pick us up after doing some laundry. We were visiting in early August and the hotel appeared to be nearly empty and very quiet. The rooms were clean and the staff pleasant. The breakfast buffet was small but well stocked.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review for us. I hope your trip in 2012 was a great one and we hope that if you are in our area again you will stop in.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

On top of hill and nicely located (very near to highway to continue your journey), all the staff especially Whitney are efficient, professional, pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. The place is very clean- from lobby, dining area, room, bathroom, carpet, corridors and outdoor parking place. The room décor is nice and appropriate. The hot breakfast offering was very sufficient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TERRY E
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and accomadations were up to your standards. I will print this and share with the staff and especially Whitney. We hope the rest of your summer is wonderful and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This Comfort Inn was pretty typical of Comfort Inns. The breakfast was far better than most, though. The selection was large and fresh and constantly being restocked. The food seemed fresher and of higher quality than at other hotels. Our room had a fridge and microwave, which was convenient. It was clean and comfy, nothing stood out as amazing or awful. The next-door neighbors came and went a lot, letting their door slam and talking. There were kids running up and down the sidewalk, people with dogs, the people above us walking around, and it was pretty crowded, so there was just a lot of noise. It wasn't unbearable, just annoying. Most of it settled down pretty quickly, but it started up again pretty early. The associates were nice and friendly and helpful in pointing out restaurants and things to do other than Mammoth Cave.

I am glad we chose this hotel. It is a short drive to Mammoth Cave and so worth the extra minutes just to be away from the crowds and high prices.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry about the noise. We do try to put guest away from the side with the early risers but that doesn't always work. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and again thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Although this was rated the best in Glasgow, this location needs some improvement. Our room was in need of carpet cleaning. The carpet felt sticky. Socks and feet were black after walking on the carpet. The staff did not vacuum every day, but whatever was on the carpet would not come off with a vacuum.
The staff was friendly and the front desk and breakfast area was clean. We were put in the back of the hotel. There was lots of noise from the guests with large trucks.
Value was not good considering the quality of the room, but this was fairly close to Mammoth Cave.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank porterjames2

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate your comments and we will use these for on going improvements at our hotel. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered while you were here. I hope you will give us another chance if you are in our area.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We checked in for an overnight stay on our way to Dale Hollow Lake. I was greeted by Pat who was just a pleasure to meet and she bent over backwards to help our stay be as nice as possible. The morning breakfast was fresh, hot and had a very nice welcoming presentation. The morning clerk was equally kind and we left there with a smile on our faces.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this along to the staff. I am glad that everyone worked together to make your stay a good experience and we hope you will visit us again. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cave City
Days Inn Glasgow
Days Inn Glasgow
#3 of 4 in Glasgow

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!