“Nicely Surprised! ”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Hey, this is an old style motel. Room only accessible from the outside but don't let this fool ya because for the money that is the only downside. The room is awesome clean and the bed is comfy. The staff are super nice with hospitality spilling out everywhere. I like it!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Philcoleman
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment and for the wonderful review. I have posted this for the staff to see. That's what our hotel is all about, making our guest feel welcomed and happy. Thanks and have a wonderful holiday!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The staff at this hotel was wonderful, my room was clean and I had no problems. The one thing that I did not like was that the walls were paper thin and I could hear everything on both sides of me as well as above me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris40181
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate the comments and we are sorry the walls are thin and you could hear everything. We also appreciate the kind comments about the staff and I will be happy to post this for everyone to read. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Previously stayed at the Days Inn in Glasgow and it was horrible so needless to say I was skeptical about staying at another hotel in Glasgow. Upon checking in at the Comfort Inn I was greeted by a wonderful young man named Ron. He checked me in, printed driving instructions for me to my son's house and also talked me through them. He couldn't have been a better person! Then later when I got into the rooms the pillows were the best I have ever experienced in a hotel, and I've traveled a lot over the years! Nice clean room, good selection of channels on tv, couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Definitely will be staying there when I go down again in November!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jo E
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad Ryan was able to assist you and I will be very happy to share your wonderful comments with the entire staff. I am glad to know you enjoyed the pillows it is a part of our new bedding program. We hope you will visit us again and we hope you enjoy the up coming holidays.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Overall average hotel but staff went above and beyond most. Mornings were always a treat, nice selection and an absolutely delightful server. The staff make the stay worth the trip! The place appeared to stay busy and the pool was very well maintained. I'd come back just for the staff's smiling and friendly faces.

• Stayed: September 2013
RDOSWIP, Regional Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We take pride in Customer Service so Thank you for letting us know how great our staff is. We hope to see you on your next visit to Glasgow. Best Regards and Safe Travels, Cindy Addison, Regional Director of Sales

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, actually just 3. I had booked 4. The place was not in good shape. My door was sprung and when the latch was turned it sprung open; it didn't fully close. The bathroom door was also sprung. Evidence of both was the hinges not seating fully on the doors. The place was used by a lot of construction folks. Noisy and busy.
I ended up not staying for all 4 nights, although I had paid for that. I simply moved to a Bowling Green motel. Peaceful.
The place allowed the construction workers to set up grills on one side of the facility. Just seemed to be more geared to that than normal travelers. When I first checked in, I saw an informal gathering by some of the workers playing fairly loud music and sitting outside drinking beer. I asked the desk person about this and her explanation was that the workers were just unwinding and would probably get to bed early since they got up early. My room was on the ground floor and the room above me was a bit noisy.
Overall, I would not stay there again. The management seemed to be more focused on the work crews who stayed there for days at a time.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room away from stairways.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jerry T
Lori T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am very sorry your stay was not you had hoped for. I will take your suggestions and review with the staff and work to improve each guest stay. We work very hard to make sure all guest are happy with their stay. I hope if your are back in the area you will give us another chance. We do have a mixture of guest that stays with us and our goal if for all to be satisfied. Again I apologize for the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a late review from our 2012 summer road trip of the US. My wife checked in to the Comfort Inn while my grandson and I took a tour through Mammoth Cave. She returned to pick us up after doing some laundry. We were visiting in early August and the hotel appeared to be nearly empty and very quiet. The rooms were clean and the staff pleasant. The breakfast buffet was small but well stocked.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review for us. I hope your trip in 2012 was a great one and we hope that if you are in our area again you will stop in.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

On top of hill and nicely located (very near to highway to continue your journey), all the staff especially Whitney are efficient, professional, pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. The place is very clean- from lobby, dining area, room, bathroom, carpet, corridors and outdoor parking place. The room décor is nice and appropriate. The hot breakfast offering was very sufficient.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TERRY E
Lori T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and accomadations were up to your standards. I will print this and share with the staff and especially Whitney. We hope the rest of your summer is wonderful and hope you will visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#1 of 3 in Horse Cave
The Hotel SYNC
The Hotel SYNC
#1 of 35 in Bowling Green

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!