“What a fantastic place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Willowvale
Kob Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Willowvale
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“What a fantastic place!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would definitely recommend that this be on your holiday list of places to stay!
As a family, we had a fantastic time, quadbiking, boating down the river and going for fantastic walks along the beach! Thankfully the ferryman waited for us to get us across the river on our return walk...
Along with the excellent memories, we also left Kob Inn at the end of our stay a few kg heavier due to the great food that was served!
We look forward to the opportunity to visit again soon.

Room Tip: The sea facing rooms are fantastic being only a few metres from the waters edge.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TarenPonzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The point of a Wild Coast holiday is to get away. If you want a boutique resort with fake flora and regulated temperature and humidity, you are in the wrong eco system. Kob Inn, with Vital Violet and Dapper Daan, is the real deal! Superb food (will I ever be hungry again..?) and an endless supply of fine wines accompany the unmatched views as you sit literally on the rocks of the most beautiful part of South Africa. The vibrant bird life, great fishing on your doorstep, beach walks and horse riding are all a bonus to the experience offered with bonhomie and aplomb by this great team. The access via unpaved roads from Willowvale is a very small price to pay for the experience that awaits you. Regular hiking teams pass through, visitors are diverse and interesting and a dull moment is a choice, not an inevitable event. As return visitors, my wife and I know how good the value is and this time we brought our well-travelled birding friends. They identified a rich and burgeoning habitat that was a real surprise to them. So, for a truly great coastal experience in a (luckily) overlooked location, choose Kob Inn and join the band of locals who know where the good stuff is to be found.. :-)

Room Tip: The hotel is on the rocks close to the surf line. If you can't handle the humidity, ask to be m...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ted S
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It was such a surprise to see this place the next morning as I only arrived after dark the previous day. (My GPS decided to take me elsewhere as she has not been updated, but then I did witness two bulls having a domestic in the middle of the road in the dark oblivious to my vehicle for about ten minutes) It is a clean, neat and well kept resort with lots to do. The supper (Seafood Platter) the previous night was to die for and my compliments to the cheff for the best Fish (Fetta and Cheddar encrusted Hake) It was the best I ever had. The atmosphere is relaxed and very welcoming and getting away from all the hussle and bussle of the rest of SA was good for the soul. I would gladly recommend this Resort to anybody that needs to get away and in need of some chilling. Thanks to all the staff and the owners that made my stay so memorable. I will definitely be back there and this time it will be for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Pick one with a sunrise view as I did and it also had a sea view as a plus.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CecilThompson
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Kob Inn. We were here in 1985 on honeymoon. We would recommend the Kob Inn to all, especially South Africans. It is a challenge negotiating the dirt road to Kob Inn if you don't have a 4x4 but slow, careful driving will get you to this well run, friendly staffed resort. Valerie, the owner is your ideal host and so are Danie etc. Every day they would chat with guests, enquiring about their previous day and even make revommendations. Lovely, warm reception.

Then there's lots to do like exploring the beach area where there are the most amazing pebbles, sand art caused by waves, cattle walking on the shore etc. We loved the hike to Mazeppa Bay where we did the swing bridge thing and had our Kob Inn packed lunch on top if the little island in Mazeppa Bay.

You can go horse riding - although Basil didn't like the unobliging hostess there / a thumbs down for this, you can do sAndboarding, quad biking or fish. You decide how to maximize your days there.

Definitely a bucket list item.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sharon L
Uitenhage
Reviewed 26 June 2014

After a very late arrival at night I was not able to fully appreciate the the scenary, but on Saturday morning on waking up, I was amazed. The ocean was in my view, the sun was glistening over the ocean and I woke up from my comfortable big bed ready for my day. After walking on the beach and the daunting ( but in the end fun) quad biking, the lunch was enjoyable. The food and service was great and a sense of sincerity was visible within the service. On Sunday we did some horse riding which was spectacular. The views on the route was breathtaking.
Overall the experience was great and I would love to return. It was good to be away from the city and so close to the ocean and to be surrounded by fields of green.

All in all a must do!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nicolioto
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our family stayed at the Kob Inn for a couple of days. What a pleasant experience from the beautiful sea view spacious rooms to all the fantastically prepared meals. Although the road is gravel with a bit of potholes, the stay really made up for this.

All the personnel are very friendly and always willing to help. The reception was excellent, stay even better and we were sad to return to Gauteng.

Daan and Violet, thank you. We will be back.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are beautiful. Sitting on the outside deck watching the dolphins playing in the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I selected Kob Inn for a family trip and were very disappointed on nearly every front. The drive was far longer than anticipated. We were hoping it would be worth it but I can tell you it was not. The entire place needs extensive renovation. The rooms and all other facilities smelled of strong mildew. The food tasted like a heated frozen dinner and canned food--one of my worst meals ever in recent memory. I know there are several who report this as a "gem," and my husband and I just couldn't figure out why. We will never return to this resort and will discourage any friends/family from going there as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank LoD1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willowvale
Trennerys Hotel
#2 of 3 in Wild Coast
Freedom O Clock
Freedom O Clock
#3 of 3 in Mdumbi

Been to Kob Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!