“Bad for business” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Giddeahall
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Crown Inn is set in the beautiful countryside very close to Castle Combe , yatton keynell and the outskirts of Chippenham. We are proud to serve locally sourced home cooked food created by our chefs. Lunch times Monday through Saturday 12 till 6 we have a fantastic lunchtime menu. Alongside the lunch menu we have our sandwich menu. In the evening we have a classic British menu with a twist serving dishes like beef and ale pie to guineafowl.We have 6 letting rooms available all with Room only rates or bed and breakfast as well as a dinner bed and breakfast rate just check out our website all details and menus are available .
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Bad for business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I do not think it is fair or acceptable for the new owners to go in to other places and use (that was crap) come to the crown and I'll show your chef how to cook properly we heard this in the new rivo lounge in chippenham, bloody hell give them a break. The rivo lounge has been open about 3 days. I think they enjoy slating other places as I have heard them in other places so for that reason we will not be going to the crown

Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

A lovely, welcoming pub serving excellent food, and providing clean, comfortable and modern B+B. Staying here was such a treat, and the staff were friendly and attentive. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to friends and family.

Visited May 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friends and I recently booked the Crown Inn as a last resort, as we were showing a car at the Japfest show. We have stayed locally, but not come across this pub before. We had a lovely welcome from the owner David and his staff, our rooms were in a courtyard area, with plenty of space and facilities. We were delighted with them, as they were clean, fresh and modern.
Our table was pre-booked, and our meals were ordered. Excellent would be an understatement as both our starters and main course were amazing...what a find!!! This lovely pub and accommodation far surpassed our expectations, and we will definitely be booking again for next year! Thanks to the Crown Inn for a lovely, warm, welcoming stay...and the kids thoroughly enjoyed too!!!

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“First & last time here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We visited The Crown on Saturday 3rd May for the first time, although we live quite local to it. The outside looked so pretty, but not so inside....drab, not too clean and generally disappointing. My partner's food came out and was fine, although you can't spoil a raw steak, can you?? (it was cooked on a 'hot stone') My meal was the problem.....the wrong order came out, and when I queried this with the owner, he snatched the plate away, and returned it to the kitchen. It was another 10 minutes before a correct order was brought, by which time my partner had almost finished HIS meal. I had to ask again about the accompanying veg, and waited a further 5 minutes while they were zapped in the microwave... When finished we explained to the (lovely) waitress that we weren't happy with the service from the owner, or the food that I had eventually rec'd. She was so good, and offered to deduct the price of my meal from the bill....we thought this was very fair and accepted her offer. However, the owner declined this.....and we were forced to listed to them arguing about it behind the bar. We did eventually get the value of my meal deducted, but we'll certainly NEVER return. The waitresses were lovely, shame about the attitude of the owner....we never did get an apology from him.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barbara D
Corsham, United Kingdom
“Glad to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Haven't been to the crown for a couple of years as it had got so bad. We visited at 16.30 on a Saturday afternoon to find several tables of customers eating. I had the cod and chips. The cod had a lovely taste and the batter was really crispy and not at all greasy. The chips are amazing. My partner had the beef and ale pie and he must have had about 20 pieces of the most tender beef. I wish I had room for pudding so will just have to go back. Can't wait to try the steak

Visited March 2014