“NOT without KIDS!!”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“NOT without KIDS!!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Don’t believe the hype-

Ummm- sure the sun sets over the bay here and of course that is beautiful but find another spot to be. Sunset beach is to the coast as indoor mall play areas are to playgrounds. It seems as though everyone brings their little kids here to run around loosely supervised while they gather to talk loudly with each other or search for their “diamonds”. Obviously we went without our kids and didn’t even think about staying longer than 10 minutes. We visited OFF season in Oct and it was crowded- NOT the place we wanted to be. We left and found a more secluded beach to enjoy the sunset, sand, and sound of the surf. So- my suggestion is... stay away.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank travelbugs920

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Colchester, Vermont
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Sunset Beach Haven”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Every time I go there I enjoy it more. It used to be just to look for Cape May Diamonds, then a sandwich at the sandwich shop, then the beautifully arranged gift shop that has everything. Next we went to play miniature golf. The very best reason to go to Sunset Beach is the Flag Ceremony at sunset every evening during the summer. I am proud to see all the people, young and old, who stand with respect as the flag of one of our fallen soldiers is lowered and taps are played. Tears are in the eyes of many as we see veterans salute and stand at attention. It makes me proud to be an American.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was a beautiful fall day and we decided to take a ride to the shore with our dog. After much searching, we found that Sunset Beach in Cape May is dog friendly. The beach itself is long but narrow, and sits on the bay. It is very pebbly, making it very unusual and charming. Great for folks who don't like to get sandy, but a little hard on the feet for walking. People were fishing, sunbathing, walking their dogs, flying kites, and searching for what they call "diamonds" or clear quartz washed up on the shore. It was nice enough but I wonder how crowded it would be in prime season.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Beth B
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most beautiful place I've every been to.”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

This place is a must go see if your every in the Cape May area. The sand is soft but with rocks and cape may diamonds mixed in. The gift shops are really cute that sell a different variety of items. During the summer time they have a flag ceremony for all veterans I hope to one day have one for my grandfather who recently passed. If your ever in the area put this on your list of places to see, its a must and your won't be disappointed.

1 Thank danakm201973
Piscataway, New Jersey
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Cape May Diamonds, the Sunken Concrete Ship and One Special Beach”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Love this spot - as a child I sifted through the sand to hopefully find a Cape May Diamond to polish & looked out to the sunken SS Atlantus. It's been built up a little since then (there is now mini golf for example), but the charm remains. I still love to check out the view & browse in the gift shops, then walk over to the WWII lookout tower. It's definitely one of the spots that makes Cape May so special and memorable.

2 Thank MaryMcG_11