“Great Ribs”

Old Owl Tavern
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Harrodsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bar and Grill located adjacent to Beaumont Inn. Full service, lunch and dinner with full bar.
Andover, United Kingdom
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We did a premium tasting with Dixon which was a highlight of our trip. He is extremely knowledgable and the tasting was very informative. We followed this with a meal in the tavern - my ribs were the best I have had, they just fell off the bone. My husband wasn't as fond of his catfish but that was not a reflection of the food more personal preference. The salad and vanilla crunch pie were amazing.

Visited May 2014

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I went for lunch on Valentine's weekend recently, Great atmosphere, good service, my wife ordered a hamburger and fries which was very good, My grilled chicken was nothing special as in same as Mcdonalds along with really thin sliced and greasy homemade onion rings. Might go back here but will order something else.

• Visited February 2014
Corning, New York
“My Old Kentucky Home”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Old Owl's Tavern is part of the Beaumont Inn, a famous local hotel and restaurant. It serves authentic Kentucky cooking with friendly service and a wide range of Kentucky bourbons, not to be confused with Tennessee whiskey. I ordered the Tavern dinner which is a piece of country fried chicken breast with a piece of country ham. If you have never had country ham, it is dry and chewy and very salty. But it is delicious when paired with a moist chicken breast. The special side dishes that night were a pasta salad with mayonnaise dressing and spiced apples, which I used as a dessert. They have several local microbrews on tap, of which I tried the Kentucky IPA which was pleasantly hoppy and light.
This was a business dinner and it was very comfortable to relax after work and make acquaintances.

• Visited February 2014
Wacken, Germany
“A Must Visit...”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Possibly the finest Old Fashioned cocktail in the country made with the premium bourbon of your choice. Excellent menu of local and Southern fare that will far exceed the expectations of even the choosiest foodie. The fried green tomatoes are a must try as is the fried chicken. Local produce and meats are featured by the kitchen and the staff is truly dedicated to the details of your visit.

• Visited October 2013
Danville, Kentucky
“Fine food at a fine price!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I had dinner with another couple recently at the tavern and enjoyed it tremendously. The atmosphere is great, the wait staff is very good, the adult beverages were excellent and the food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the shrimp and grits, as well as some of their drink specials. We try to get to the tavern at least 4 or 5 times a year and have never had a bad meal. It's one of our favorites!

• Visited November 2013