“Beaumont Inn”
Review of Beaumont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrodsburg
Beaumont Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Harrodsburg B&B and Inns
Massillon, Ohio, United States
“Beaumont Inn”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Absolutely beautiful place to stay while doing the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The Inn was like walking back in history and was worth the time to wander around the rooms and view the furniture and historical pieces. A binder in the room with information about the history of the inn was well done and worth reading. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TAdvisorRN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were thinking of going to the Derby but went instead on the bourbon tour. It was fantastic!! We found the Beaumont Inn on Tripadvisor and gave it a try. The Inn is very old with great charm and a lot of history. They have 2 restaurants that have really good southern food and a great bar where you can taste bourbons. We had dinner there 2 nights. Once in the Pub and once in the dinning room. We also had a private bourbon tasting with the owner, Dixon and that was one of the best times I have ever spent talking about bourbon and Kentucky. All in all it is a great place to visit and I highly recommend it(check out their website) The room was spacious and decorated in a period long gone but it worked. The breakfast was great with southern ham and grits. I wish I was there right now!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dan M
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Visiting Harrodsburg to complete my Bourbon Trail tour, I decided to stay at this property.

It is located up a windy road and the grounds are absolutely lovely! A charming porch with chairs to sit and enjoy greeted me as I entered to the lobby.

The entire property is like a museum...a step back in time. It has all the modern conveniences I am certain the folks of yesteryear would have appreciated which made it a delightful visit.

There is plenty of public space to sit and chat, read a book and relax. The front desk was helpful and checking in was an easy process - always nice. Free parking was available. Be aware that there is a small elevator available - which is not apparent at first plus a bell boy for luggage.

Dining was a bit of a problem for me since dining hours are very structured. And, if you arrive on a Sunday, as I did, they have even less options since they are not opened for dining in the evening. The area around the Inn does not have much more than fast food options so be aware of that fact. But, together we were able to accommodate my needs nicely. They did go out of there way to make things work out and I appreciated that fact.

The ice machine is located near the parking lot entrance on the first floor across from the small elevator but on both times I needed ice, it was empty. It is very small but they were able to get some ice from the kitchen for me which was a small inconvenience. They also have a nice pool which I did not use.

The dining for Sunday was a brunch in the main dining area. The food was fine, nothing spectacular but adequate for my needs. Breakfast is included and was also just fine.

The room was a small double bed which is great for a single traveler with an amazing bedroom suite which was so charming. They had internet and cable TV so that worked fine for me. The bathroom is small, but traveling solo, this was not an issue. The furnishings were of the period and a fun experience to imagine living in another time. The floors and doors creak nicely!

If you enjoy history, antiques and all that it implies, you won't be disappointed with a stay here. It is a nice change from the usual motel. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Check on dining times and options ahead of time.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bseashore
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night and had a great time. We ate dinner at the Old Owl Inn the service and food was good. The historical buildings are well kept and there is a large pool as well that we
enjoyed and not crowded. The grounds are very nice and they encourage guests to walk around. There are 3 buildings and we stayed in the Goddard House. It was clean everything worked but the carpet had some stains which is the only negative. Overall nice and we will stay here again. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank David H
Reviewed 19 June 2013

IF you heading to Kentucky to visit the Bourbon Trail, the must stay spot is the Beaumont Inn, located in Harrodsburg, Ky. Located in the center of the east and west portions of the trail, it serves as a great home base from which to visit all the distilleries. More importantly, however, it is just a great place to visit. A former all girls school that I believe is on the National Historic Register, the Inn is a real throwback to days gone by. The staff is terrific; the rooms, maybe a bit quirky, but lovely and neat. And at the top of the list is Dixon Dedmond, Bourbon extraordinaire. A young guy and part of the family that owns the Inn, Dixon knows all you will ever need to know about bourbon. Our group (7 of us celebrating my father in law's 80th birthday) took in the "premium tasting" with Dixon - we tasted 6 over about a 90 minute period. DIxon talked about the bourbons we tasted, a lot of history, and overall a great time. At 40 bucks a man, worth every penny.

The Inn has a dining room - we had breakfast only - solid , but nothing too exciting other than the johnny cakes that were great. Also there are two bars - the Owls Tavern and the Owls Nest - great bourbon selection, as you might guess - pretty good beer selection as well. Food okay, not spectacular. Although featured on their menu, I would stay away form the ribs, which were a bit dry and buried in barbecue sauce.

Out front, there is a gorgeous porch that overlooks nothing but old trees and greenery - a great spot to , uh, sip a little bourbon - - -

Again, a great experience and a cant miss if you head down for a bourbon tour.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Matawan
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I with another couple stayed at the wonderful Beaumont Inn in June 2013. Our friends were going to the CMA Festival in Nashville but wanted to stop in Kentucky to do a river cruise on the Kentucky River and the Bourbon tour. They invited us to go to Kentucky so we did. The Beaumont Inn was amazing from the day my girlfriend made the reservations to the day we checked out. The front desk was so accommodating, answering all my friend's questions and then once we checked in they couldn't be more nice and welcoming. Dixon, the owner of the B&B, offered a bourbon tasting which we did the night we arrived. He was so informative and took all the time we wanted to discuss the differences between bourbons and distilleries. It was a great introduction into Kentucky Bourbon and I would highly recommend paying the price for this added attraction. We ate in the Old Owl Tavern Restaurant both nights we stayed there as it was convenient for us. The food was wonderful as were the drinks. We stayed in Goddard Hall, right across from the restaurant and the main building and were on the top floor. We had a balcony which we used both nights to just sit and rock in the chairs provided. Our rooms were clean, well-maintained and very comfortable. The grounds are well-kept and beautiful to wander around. The included breakfast was fantastic! Made to order or a buffet, all you could want. We had a wonderful time, would highly recommend this B&B to everyone and would like to return soon.

Room Tip: Goddard Hall & the Main Inn are the only places with wireless internet if that is important to y...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alison N
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very charming little b&b tucked away in the town of Harrodsburg. We stayed there one night while we toured around KY, horse country and the bourbon trail. We stayed in the main building, built back in 1845 and felt all the history of the place right when we walked in. The room was quaint, filled with antiques, pictures and artifacts from an era long gone. Great southern breakfast and service was friendly. The Owl's Nest Tavern was unfortunately closed for the holiday, both Sunday and Monday. Prob the most disappointing part of staying there as we had hoped to have dinner there. All in all a splendid time staying there and highly recommend walking the huge gardens that surround the property.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SonalH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
The Farm LLC
The Farm LLC
#1 of 8 in Danville

Been to Beaumont Inn? Share your experiences!