“Gorgeous Inn!”
Review of Beaumont Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrodsburg
Beaumont Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Harrodsburg B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Gorgeous Inn!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Beaumont Inn for our Anniversary weekend which was also Kentucky Derby weekend. We were so impressed by the beauty and history of the place. It is very well kept and clean. Our room on the 3rd floor was beautifully decorated and had all we needed (TV and hair dryer were nice to have, also free WIFI) The Inn used to be a "Daughters College" and they have old pictures, diplomas, music recital programs, etc. all through the main Inn that guests can look at. Very cool if you enjoy history. We had dinner at the Owl's Nest Lounge right there on the property. The spinach artichoke dip was AMAZING - it was served with pita bread, and I am still craving more. There was a pool going on for the Derby in which you could enter money and draw a horse's name out - winner got the pot. Very fun activity to get the guests involved in the Derby. The grounds were very nice, although small. They do have shuffleboard and a pool. Short beautiful walk to downtown Harrodsburg - visit Kentucky Fudge Company on Main Street!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have stayed at the Beaumont a few times over the years. There has been a noticeable decline in cleanliness and service. I was appalled when I found someone else's hair in our bathroom. The maids never cleaned it. We were there for the weekend and they never cleaned the floors. When I was leaving I always check under the bed and I found a beer bottle that didn't belong to me. Apparently the maids didn't find it when they cleaned before our arrival or any of the 3 nights we stayed. In short you are paying more for less. Don't waste your money. We are going to try the Shaker Village next time.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Benz_guy1014
cmdedman, Owner at Beaumont Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We find this review unfortunate for many reasons, but mainly because we go out of our way to accommodate the needs of our guests. If AT ANY TIME a guest finds something unsatisfactory, which is a rare occurrence, we will GLADLY rectify the situation. It is Policy that if a guest shares an issue with us, we take care of it. We are without question disappointed that the issue was not reported so that we could take care of it. However, we had six housekeepers on site and they cleaned and refreshed EVERY room unless a Do Not Disturb sign was posted. So, I do find it troubling that we were not able to resolve any issue unless the guest chose to keep the issue from us. For 95 years, we've been housing guests and treating them like family, and although even in the recent years we've had some groups who we have had to discontinue a relationship with for one reason or another, we will ALWAYS continue to strive for perfection, and if a guest feels that we have failed in any way, we will ALWAYS resolve the issue if it is presented to us.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Built in 1845, this three story brick home has had a multi-functioned life before becoming the Inn that it is today. Still furnished with pieces from the era, this is like walking into a well done museum, only you are actually welcomed to sit on the furniture….and yes, lay on the beds.
Now it’s the oldest family-operated bed and breakfast country-style inn in Kentucky. Since 1919, five generations of Dedman’s have been pampering their guests with comfortable, beautiful surroundings, as well as providing top notch food and drink.
For traditional southern cuisine, try the Main Dining Room. That’s where we had a whopping big breakfast, included with the room rate.
For more casual dining and drinking, there’s the Old Owl Tavern and the Owl’s Nest Lounge. They have over 70 types of bourbon available as well as tasting sessions.
We tried one of the premium tasting sessions, led by Dixon Dedman and really enjoyed it. Not only did we sample six of the top, top shelf bourbons, we also got a load of education about bourbon and the business of bourbon from someone who really lives and loves the business.
Need souvenirs to take home? They’ve got one of the longest gift shops I’ve seen, winding all along the back wall of the Inn. Needless to say, we left with a full bag of cute stuff to take home for presents.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelWriterDB
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2014

It felt as if we were going back in time, but still had some up to date amenities. I really love their display of period items. The staff were beyond nice and very helpful. I loved the view when walking the property. I would go back. If you don't like old and historic this is not the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveler62025
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My mother, sister, and I stayed at Beaumont for 1 night. We stayed in a Gold room on the 2nd floor of the Main Inn. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly at the front desk and taken on a brief tour; it was so helpful to be shown where the dining room is, the ice machine, and history of the place! The old fashioned elevator was very unique, and if you enjoy history you will enjoy seeing the various antiques that decorate the halls etc.
Our room was awesome! The king sized bed was so comfy, as well as the chairs and facilities available. The shower had GREAT hot water and pressure! There was even a bathrobe or 2 hanging in the closet! We enjoyed the quietness, nothing was noisy except a creak or 2 occasionally from the floor above us.
Breakfast was more than we expected! Again, we were greeted warmly as we entered the dining room- service was just wonderful, and the food was, YUMMY! Unlike some bed-and-breakfasts, you will not leave hungry. The bar had a variety of cold cereals, and a baked goody; as well as several juices, and milk. You can choose to order several different dishes from the kitchen. I recommend the corncakes! They are very tasty, as well as everything else. The breakfast experience is elegant, classy, and yet warm and wonderful.
Our overall experience was wonderful and we will definitely be back when we stay in Harrodsburg!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the Beaumont Inn for 2 nights and had an amazing time! I read several reviews before booking, and have to say that we couldn't have been more pleased. Upon check-in, we were greeted warmly and then taken on a brief tour of the main inn where everything of interest was pointed out to us. We were shown where to meet for breakfast each morning (which is included) and where to access the ice machine, etc. I thought this tour was a very lovely touch. I also love that the room keys are attached to brass key rings with room# on them. Very quaint! The inn is in a lovely location that is within 35 mins or so to downtown Lexington.

We stayed in a silver category room in the Goddard house. It was directly across from the main inn and was terrific! The room was very bright and airy because of two large windows. There was a nice sized flat screen television in the room and also an individual climate control for the room. The bathroom was also very bright with a window. There was a sink/dressing area outside of the actual bathroom, so even though it was on the small side, there was plenty of room for the tub/shower combo and toilet. The 4 poster queen bed was extremely comfortable!!

Breakfast consisted of a buffet with typical offerings (biscuits, sausage/bacon, grits, fruit and yogurt) but you were also able to place an order for eggs cooked to order and also for the corn cakes (corn meal pancakes). We had dinner at the inn on the second night and it was tasty. Not the absolute best I've had, but nice. Service was terrific and we enjoyed our meal. Since we were staying at the inn, we were able to just charge the meal to our room, which was very convenient.

We also had a couples massage on Sat at the spa on the property. The spa was lacking in atmosphere and they do not actually staff the spa. Therapists are just called in by appointment only, so it didn't have the relaxing spa atmosphere that we are used to. I will say however, that our massage was very nice and we were pleased with the service we received. This service was just charged to our room as well.

All in all, we were very pleased with the weekend stay! I would love to make it back to the inn sometime in the future!

Room Tip: Be careful when booking online. I chose to do so and when I selected my room, it stated that it was...