“Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Trip”

Days Inn Harrodsburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed 16 May 2013

All was adequate. Nothing extraordinary, but enough for a night's stay. However the Folgers Coffee was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I ended up at the Days Inn because the usual spots my company prefers were booked. Through a booking error (on my end) my flight and car started on Sunday but the hotel was booked starting on Friday (i.e. 7 days). So when I showed up I had been a 'no show'.

Fortunately there was plenty of space available (general note - when every hotel in the area is booked solid and one has plenty of space ... not a good sign!) and I got a room. The policy (apparently) is to fully bill no-shows, rather than bill one night and cancel reservation as I would have expected. The indication from the front desk as I under was that they would try to adjust things so I only paid for the 5 nights I would stay.

Then they sent me to a room ... which was not only dirty, but also uncleaned! Someone else had stayed there and the bed was used and the bathroom disgusting. Back to the front desk.

Second room was acceptable - I could stay there. It was bare bones, but they kept things clean. The facility was old and in need of updates and somewhat musty, but the room didn't smell bad and my sheets were clean, as was the floor and bathroom. Not the best room ... but I have stayed in worse.

But I would never stay there again. Why?
- Putting me in a dirty room - if I could have gotten another room I would have left on the spot.
- Tissues were empty all week ... I didn't need them badly, but still - basic services!
- Toilet paper roll not changed even when left empty. Self service?
- Trash not emptied one day.
- Erratic internet service with very slow speeds ... even in a nearly empty hotel!

But worst of all, I didn't get a receipt when leaving - the person at the desk didn't know what to do and was going to hand-write something, but said I should get one electronically. That didn't happen, so I had to call back, and was able to arrange an electronic receipt - but found out that I WAS being charged for 7 nights and basically there was nothing to do.

Oh, except NEVER stay there again, make sure others know about it, and write a review here.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank txa1265
Reviewed 13 April 2013

i stopped here for one night during my work travel. I found the gentleman at check in just great, friendly and very customer centric. The room was larger than some i have paid much more for. It is obviously and older location with not much else around, but it was very quiet and I slept very well. Good pressure in the shower. I found the breakfast the same as other days inn locations. Overall, a good value for the price i paid. I would stay again.

Room Tip: perfectly fine for a one night stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I don't remember answering bed type question when booking rooms. Also, don't try to book through hotels.com. I had confirmation# upon arrival at midnight Friday. I was staying two nights. They had me in system for one night on Sunday night. They charged me normal price which was 20 more. Got to my room and I had to sweep the hair out of the bed. Room smelled like moth balls. I gave clerk option to refund Saturday night or clean my room while gone for day. The sheets were changed for second night stay. Just stay some place else.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Buyah
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I travel the world, and I think it was the dirties place I have ever stayed, the bed had hair in it and other black stuff, sheets were NOT WASHED, The whole place has a musty smell and you have to re use your towels? come on; get with the 21st century, never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The desk clerk was very friendly & polite and the lobby was very nice. Our room was a very good size room and the beds were very comfortable. On the down side, the room was outdated and had a foul odor when we first arrived ( I sprayed air freshener)! & the patio door would not shut completely so we kept the heat turned up pretty high. I should have told the front desk but we were so tired when we arrived we just put a chair in front of it and fell asleep!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SANDY A
MideeP, Manager at Days Inn Harrodsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

I am really sorry You had to experience the foul smell and discomfort during your stay with us. Like you mentioned, if given an opportunity we would have definitely fixed it. Thank you for taking time to review our property, hope to see you again at our facility. Happy New Year

Reviewed 26 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KRISTI B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
#2 of 5 in Harrodsburg

Been to Days Inn Harrodsburg? Share your experiences!