“Great Dinner -- Skip the breakfast buffet”

The Trustees' Table
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Harrodsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dine on traditional favorites and seasonal Kentucky dishes prepared with straight-from-the-garden ingredients. Steeped in tradition, The Trustees' Table's menus celebrate Shaker Village's roots by featuring dishes made of seasonal ingredients from our garden and local farmers. Guests can count on finding classic Southern menu items, such as fried chicken, corn pudding, tomato celery soup, cole slaw and corn muffins. The menus also offer dishes inspired by the seasons, changing based on the freshest locally available ingredients.
Stow, Ohio
“Great Dinner -- Skip the breakfast buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I truly loved the food! The service was good, too! I just think it is too pricey for what we got from a place that advertises it is a non-profit organization. My wife and I both had the pork loin. We could have split the meal had we realized what all came with it. The homemade bread is great; the relish tray that comes with every meal is good and even gave us an idea about how to present these items when we entertain. The pork was divine. The gravy and spice that was used made for an incredible flavor. It came with a red potato, also good, broccoli, and a white vegetable that I cannot pronounce. Then we had a gluten free meringue that was tasty for dessert. Price which included a bottle of wine was around $70.00. It was probably about twenty dollars more than I thought it should have been. But, it was an excellent evening! Breakfast -- not so good. Here, the food was good, but not enough variety is offered. They had cereal, oatmeal, homemade bread -- corn bread & zuccini bread, scrambled eggs, apples and oranges, bacon, sausage, gravy, grits, assorted juices and beverages for $9.95. What happened to the pancakes, french toast, and waffles? What happened to the omelets? I just expected more. On our way to Birmingham, the previous week, we had a brunch at the Ramada Inn in Bowling Green, Kentucky that offered almost everything that the Trustee's Office offered plus Belgian Waffles and assorted pastries for free. I'm probably being petty. I just expected more.

• Visited April 2013

Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Very good, but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

We ate dinner here on 4-3-13. I had country ham, which was the special of the night and my wife had the pork loin. She said hers was very good. Mine was fine, but not any better than you get at Cracker Barrel for half the price. They served us very good rolls and corn brean, as well as a relish bowl full of olives, pickles, pickeled okra, fresh cauliflower, etc. The waitress, who was wonderful, brought around three vegetables that she serve from the bowl. They were salsify, which we had not had before, but is a root, similar to a white carot, boiled red potatoes and broccoli. The brocoli was nothing special but the rest were vwery good. Overall a good experience and I would go again. Total bill for the two of us with tip was $50.

• Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Best Vegetable Soup Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Perfect Day to visit the Shaker Village...cold, misty...almost eerie. After visiting the historic Shaker Village, we ate lunch at the Inn. Had reservations but I dont think it is necessary. From what I understand, they have a new chef and have remodeled the restaurant. It is wonderful. We both ordered soup. My vegetable soup was the best ever. Simple, not too many ingredients and fresh. The other order was the tomato soup...quite delicious as well. Lunch comes with freshly made rolls, cornbread sticks, and a bowl of wonderful coleslaw. My meal was the salad which was fairly standard ...blue cheese dressing was a little flat. We shared their famous lemon pie which includes the rinds. Really good but a bit tart. Some ice cream would have mellowed the tartness.
Our waitress was pleasant and helpful. I wish we could have made it to the Friday night fish fry.....All in all, it was a very good experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Torchwood19
St. Louis
“The only choice for miles so thankfully it was overall quite tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We ate 3 meal here during our overnight stay on the property. The first night I had a delicious pork loin dish but my husband's much-heralded fish was not as great as he had expected. Our daughters received so many chicken fingers that neither finished half her meal. The service was fast and efficient. You absolutely must try the Shaker Lemon Pie--yum!

We greatly enjoyed the maple syrup breakfast with maple syrup made from trees on the property, though we were unable to see them boiling sap due to a warm spell that had brought out the buds on the trees.

When lunchtime rolled around we decided to return as there were no other choices around and our experiences had been favorable. Unfortunately lunchtime didn't live up to the precious two meals. Service was dreadfully slow and the food was quite bland and less than impressive. After the enormous chicken finger dinner, our girls decided to split one for lunch and ended up with a much smaller portion (half the size) for the same price.

“Great meal in an awesome setting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We lucked into being able to get reservations for this restaurant. A friend has recommended it and we didn't realize that we should have reservations. Luckily, a spot was available for us. We had the Country Tart which was delicious. Dessert was good, too.

• Visited March 2013