“Always good food”

The Trustees' Table
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Harrodsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dine on traditional favorites and seasonal Kentucky dishes prepared with straight-from-the-garden ingredients. Steeped in tradition, The Trustees' Table's menus celebrate Shaker Village's roots by featuring dishes made of seasonal ingredients from our garden and local farmers. Guests can count on finding classic Southern menu items, such as fried chicken, corn pudding, tomato celery soup, cole slaw and corn muffins. The menus also offer dishes inspired by the seasons, changing based on the freshest locally available ingredients.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We eat in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast the next morning when we spend a night for many of our anniversaries. This time again, we enjoyed the food. They have expanded the menu to items that were not all found in Shaker food. The food was excellent at each meal. They have a menu to choose from at night and a good, fresh buffet line for breakfast. They have reinstated giving you a relish bowl with your evening meal. That had been included for years, but at one point they offered it separately for purchase. We were glad to see it free with a meal again. Other standards such as tomato celery soup and Shaker lemon pie remain from the old menus.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been to Shakertown several times before during a previous job where I had to plan events, but I haven't been for leisure! I made a reservation for lunch for my mom and myself on Saturday. The grounds were beautiful, the staff were super helpful and nice! I'm glad we made reservations too, because the resturant filled up rather quickly after we were sat! My mom ordered the lunch special, poached salmon salad, and I ordered the fried pork tenderloin lunch. We got our food so quickly, we barely had enough time to eat the pre-dinner cole slaw (which was awesome) and biscuits and corn bread. Everything was hot, fresh, salads made from veggies grown in their own gardens too! We walked our lunch off by walking the grounds and going into the gift shop, which has everything you never knew you needed! It was great and I will be back, because I need to try dinner their too!

1  Thank iJWhitty
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an amazing place to have dinner spend the night and explore the history of Shakers. The dining is an experience all in itself with all the traditions and the awesome food. Great for family or
for a romantic evening

1  Thank eruma t
Reviewed 14 May 2014

While staying in the Village, we ate two dinners and one breakfast. We really enjoyed our first dinner and the sides that went with it were very good. When we ate there again the next night, the menu was exactly the same...and since we had ordered our favorites the night before, we were kind of stuck especially since they had sold out of the special. (Our reservations were at 7:00 pm). With one exception, the sides were exactly the same as well. Since we like variety in our food, we were really disappointed. The breakfast was not to our liking at all...we have had as good if not better at upscale motel chains. The Village is a lovely and peaceful place and we will probably go back, but will certainly skip breakfast and only eat in the dining room once.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Set within the Shaker Village Inn, the restaurant is the at the center of the hotel itself. Traditional settings on vintage chairs and tables with walls decorated with pictures and objects from another era surround the diner with history. A limited lunch menu with decent entrees and a sandwich option. Homemade corn bread and coleslaw are served with every meal. Good desserts with an old fashioned flair. The fare here is decent but not outstanding. Hospitable wait staff who are responsive to the guests.

1  Thank jeffl499