“Just Ice Cream”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Harrodsburg
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, Pub
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Historic Soda Fountain/ Pharmacy now a casual restaurant/ pub/soda fountain
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had been driving around horse country and along the river to Harrodsburg. Some time back I had come to Harrodsburg annually to play golf. We had never found our way to the Kentucky Fudge Company. Driving through town we spoted it and just wanted to go in for an ice cream cone. The cone was a cone, but the service was friendly, the price reasonable and the history of the establishment was a treat that we hadn't anticipated.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I don't know why I was so surprised that this charming restaurant was in Harrodsburg, but I was. It has an eclectic menu with delicious choices. They also have a wide variety of good teas and coffee beverages. They're just a bit disorganized, so pay attention to the situation if you have a strict lunch hour.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

As a Kentucky native, I am in Harrodsburg at least twice a year, passing through for personal or business reasons. My husband and I noticed this Main Street restaurant on our last trip, but didn't give it a try. It will now be our "go to" place for lunch if we are anywhere close to Harrodsburg at lunchtime. I had an excellent chicken noodle soup (with the chunky noodles) and very good chicken salad; traveling companions raved about the pimento cheese and club. Great atmosphere; friendly staff. Didn't have room for dessert but they looked awesome; and there's ice cream as well.

1  Thank Nanna119
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

What can I say it was incredible and out of this world definitely best place in Kentucky. I mean it was just amazing

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Great food and very friendly service at very reasonable prices. We came here after going to the nearby Shaker Village and we could not have been happier with our experience. This place has a variety of hot dishes, hot or cold sandwiches, coffee drinks, smoothies, great ice cream, and a variety of other desert items. The restaurant is set in an old fashioned soda fountain/pharmacy that has been restored, and we were fascinated at all the old-time medicines and items in the display cases. The antique wooden display cases were great to see. The owners have done a great job creating such a great place that anyone who enjoys nostalgia won't want to leave!