“Contrary to what we were told, there is no parking for 18 wheelers”

Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Harrodsburg
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My name is Tammy, and i am a team driver with my husand. Let me start off by saying that John at the front desk was very nice guy--just a bit uninformed. When I called in to find out information, he advised me that there was a lot behind Dairy Queen where truck drivers park. He also advised that they were sold out of the king rooms that I had asked about, but had king rooms with jacuzzis in them. I asked what the price was on those and he stated $89.00. I then asked if they offered a CDL discount and he said he could give us AAA discount. Thinking that the discount would be less than the $89.00 I thought that was a great deal, plus they had truck parking--we never find that kind of deal! I went against my own policy and made a reservation--you see, we have been told before that a hotel has truck parking, only to get there and find that they do not...making a reservation in such an instance could cause us to be charged anyway.

When we drove up to the hotel, we soon realized that they did not have an empty lot behind Dairy Queen, nor anywhere else around. My husband had to park in the street with the flashers on while I ran in to find out where this lot for trucks was. John said he found out from the owner that there actually is no lot, and that we could either park on the street ( which is against our companies policy, and could cause us to be terminated!), or in the parking lot of the storage building next door, which belonged to the hotel owner. We opted to weasel and squeeze our way in to the storage area. Problem solved. My husband checked us in, and was told of the breakfast bar in the morning, and we were wished a good night. When we got in to the room ( which, by the way, turned out to be $107.00 after tax--guess the AAA rate IS the $89.00?) things seemed fine. We went and retrieved our dinner at the Dairy Queen--when we returned, the entry light/vanity/sink light didn't come on. Since it was late and we had just brought our dinner back to our room, we decided to deal with it.

The bed was comfy, the jacuzzi worked great, and we settled in for a good night's sleep. That didn't happen for me--I don't know if it was hotel guests, or employees, but we were right by the side door which led outdoor--someone went in and out every couple of hours or so and letting the door slam--this happened until we had to get up at 6am. We started to get ready, and had to start doing so without the vanity light for a while, although it finally came on. We then went down to the "breakfast bar" which sounded magical the night before, but turned out to be a continental breakast. While eating, we overheard another guest complaining about an experience she had.

The place was nice, but for our experience, I wouldn't say it was $107.00 worth. We have paid that price for a bed and breakfast (not in the truck, of course) with an extravagant breakfast and fancy accommodations so comparatively--not comparable. By the way, we have also paid less than that amount for an older hotel with adequate accommodation, and as long as it was clean and had actual truck parking, we were fine with it. Again, decent place, but because of our overall experience, I don't know that we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Robert W

Reviewed 21 October 2011

BAD EXPERIENCE! Management does not fulfill its commitments! I booked 2 rooms and roll-a-way beds for each. Explained to the on-site reservation staff that we HAD to have the roll-a-way beds and without them I would not be reserving the rooms. She stated that they had 2 available for that night and that they would be in the rooms when we arrived. They were not and none were available when we arrived. We ended up with people sleeping on the floor!

The next morning the front desk staff said that I would need to speak with Spencer, the GM, regarding the situation. He called me later that day and was very nice and apologetic. He noted that it was clearly documented in the reservation system and that housekeeping had dropped the ball. He stated that I would be given credit for one of the rooms and that if I decided to stay there in the future that they would give me a great rate.

I DID NOT RECEIVE THE CREDIT, so I contacted Spencer and the owner, Nate, ten days later to follow-up. The owner said that Spencer had told him it was taken care of. I spoke with Spencer and he said Nate would have to approve any credit. I noted that I had just spoken with Nate. Spencer said he would process a credit (around $56, less than originally stated) and that it should show up on my credit card account within 3 days. Well, I did get 2 credits, but only for $10 each. This was not what I was promised. I contacted Neil Collins with the franchisor and am waiting to see if he can help resolve the situation. I will post an update with the outcome.

Regarding the property itself, the rooms are worn and the property very dated. The breakfast was inadequate even for a continental breakfast. I would not recommend this property and suggest you drive to Danville, Frankfort, or Lexington if another hotel is not available in Harrodsburg.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and i arrived after traveling many miles on our Harley. Spenser noted that we were both tired and hungry. He and his wife Michelle went the "extra" mile in locating a wonderful restaurant and providing transportation. They could not do enough for us!We would highly recommend them and their Inn just on our experience. I hope to visit them soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bbqbob17
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully decorated room with a heavenly bed. Spencer, the Manager was wonderful. He even printed information and made a personal enquiry on my behalf about an attraction that I'd casually mentioned that I'd like to see. This is a delightful Motel with staff that truly understand the meaning of hospitality. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Peta A
Reviewed 9 September 2011

spencer was host he talked us into getting a king suite and the room was fab, we went out eat to the new eddi montgomery resturant and spencer drove us to and from, we had a great night . The morning after we ate breakfast in the hotel and met Liz who was also very nice, we would most definately come back here when we return to harrodsburg!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank amber s
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I really like this place. The front desk people are friendly and help getting around. It´s been very relaxing to hang out in a hot tub on the room. The wireless internet works good and I have no complains about the room service. I recommend this hotel to business travellers that need to relax after a hard and long day. Like I said: the hot tub special ! :))) Oh and btw....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Dejonng
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The place is very clean and service is great the Manager Spencer is very helpfull with good places to eat.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Serviceman_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrodsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
#5 of 6 in Danville
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
Bright Leaf Golf Resort
#2 of 5 in Harrodsburg

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg? Share your experiences!