Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
US$110
US$56
US$138
US$120
Red Roof Inn Danville(Danville)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Red Roof
US$83
Travelocity
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast barjacuzzi suiteextra towelsfine placeneeds improvementpit stopbusiness tripbagelshistorical sitesstaff was friendly and helpfulbed was very comfortablesouthern hospitalityshaker villagebaymonthousekeepingkarencleanliness
Reviewed 20 July 2008

While in town for a baseball tournament we stayed here with 12 or more other families from our team. When making reservations, we asked for our rooms to be together, in fact at least 4 families asked and were told they would have adjoining rooms. Two of the families were at opposite ends of the building from one another and the other two families were on different floors. The remaining families were scattered throughout the building. After playing ball all day we came back to the hotel to relax. Since there was no pool or activities for the kids to do they were left with nothing to do but visit with each other. Since the rooms were all scattered throughout the hotel, they had no choice but to be in the hallway to get from one room to the other. Bear in mind that this all occurred before it was even dark outside. After the boys had settled down and gathered in one or two rooms to watch TV, some of the adults had gathered in the kitchen area to visit (we couldn't gather in the sitting area, because the desk clerk was watching TV in there with his girlfriend). The desk clerk all of a sudden gets up and starts ringing the desk bell (keep in mind he was standing within 5 feet of us) and tells us that all of the boys have to be in their rooms. As I stated earlier, at this point the boys were in the rooms, sitting quietly, I might add. In fact, when I went back to my room it was so quiet I wouldn't have even known there were any kids in the room...quiet enough in fact, that my husband was studying for a test. So I guess what I am trying to say is, if you happen to be in the area for a sporting event this hotel is NOT KID FRIENDLY. Stay at the Days Inn.....they have a pool there and this will give your kids something to do.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Baseball_Mom25
Reviewed 22 July 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years but the last year has been the worst.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank TinkKKentucky
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Don't waste your money on this hotel. We were so disappointed that the owner jacked up the price over $30 a night because he knew there was a soccer tournament in town. When I called, I booked two rooms at the $69.99 price that was advertised on the internet. The worker said they didn't e-mail confirmations, but he would try and mail one to me. When I didn't receive one and since we were driving eight hours, I decided it might be best to call just to make sure he had gotten it right. That's when I learned that the owner had increased the price to over $100 per night and they had only booked one room for us. We were able to get another room (the last one they had) but it was a "smoking" room and we have a child with asthma. The room reeked of smoke and was not very clean.

Also, when it came time to check-out, we needed a late check-out so our kids could at least get a shower after their soccer tournament before the long drive home. The desk manager called the owner and he said, "Sure, but they'll have to pay for half a day".

The staff was nice enough, but the owner seemed to just to care about how much money he could get. There are plenty of other much nicer places to stay in the area, but they were all booked up (I wonder why??) so we were forced to stay here. Don't make the same mistake we did.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Summers007
Reviewed 24 June 2006

I have never had an experience like the one we had on June 22 06.It started when we checked in ,we were informed they had no pool but we could drive about two miles up the road to water park.Since i;m almost 70 the slides,etc held no interest for me.We decided not to stay and informed that ther was a 24 Hr cacellation policy which we were not aware of.That was our fault.We went to the room and settled in ready to take a hot bath but the stopper did not work.We contacted the front desk and they sent the desk clerk to take care of the problem. She couldn't fix the tub so she asked us to move to another room and we reluctantly agreed to.We changed rooms and settled in and took our baths and got in bed ,all of a sudden water came rushing through the ceiling,through the light fixtures and all over the floor.The g.m. of the hotel then asked us to move to another room,I said absolutly notand started packing .He was not going to void the 24 hr cancellation policy at this polnt so i asked for the corporate number for this chain.He relented finally and we ran ,not walk away from this nightmare.

4  Thank penoz
Reviewed 28 October 2004

Clean, quiet and comfortable with a friendly staff. Enjoyed the make-your-own waffles in breakfast bar. Convenient location to Dairy Queen and convenience stores. Also, an easy drive from restaurants and local attractions on the same road. Stayed in jacuzzi suite, which included jacuzzi, microwave and wet bar. The jacuzzi suite IS open to the rest of the room, so bring a swim suit if you're not alone and you're shy. Will stay here again if the oppotunity arises.

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled on business