Carronbridge Guest House
US$105
Travelodge Stirling M80(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cladhan(Falkirk)
US$107
TripAdvisor
All reviewssky tvsconeslight breakfasta lovely stayscottish breakfastenjoyed our stayensuite
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I took my mum to the carronbridge hotel for her birthday, I was going to take her for a bar lunch but it was an open day and there was a free barbecue which was absolutely excellent! It was lovely to be back there aswell as my father used to take us there on a Sunday as children after a walk up the Denny hills,and as my father is no longer with us it brought back some lovely memories, I would highly recommend the carronbridge hotel and I will make sure I visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne N
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having just arrived home from an excellent 2 night stay at the Carronbridge Hotel for my honeymoon, I have nothing but highest praise for the hotel and its owners! We were made very welcome and the staff are super friendly.

The room we had was tidy, clean and had everything you would need (T.V, sky channels, tea and coffee facilities and en-suite shower room).

Having thoroughly enjoyed our meals on both nights (cheeseburger and chips, chicken curry with naan bread , krispy chicken burger with chips and hunters chicken with chips, all meals were absolutely delicious. As were our starters and desserts! Freshly cooked breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast was a great start to the day, as was the tea and coffee, with freshly baked pancakes and scones! Cereal was also readily available, however I had no room for that!

The nights spent in the welcoming and homely atmosphere of the bar, around the roaring coal fire, playing darts and later sat on the comfy armchairs in the dining area round the fire were great.

Overall if you are looking for a quiet, homely and friendly place to stay, Sue and Hannah have it all at the Carronbridge Hotel. Excellent prices, excellent food and excellent owners!

We will definitely be back!
Mrs Susan Morley

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We are two couples travelling around Scotland, the hotel was very peaceful place in the country. The rooms are a bit small, but very clean. The beds were good and no noise at night. The hotel had a good country feel about it and we enjoyed our meals and drinks in front of the fire place. Dinner was good as well as the breakfast in the morning. The cook is very good with home made scones and pancakes. Really lovely food, good service and friendly atmosphere.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pethel
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Having read the previous reviews thought this would be a good stop over for our Scottish road trip. Booked a double room at £48 per night accommodation only. Arrived at about 6pm ish and was shown to our room by who I assume was the landlady. The room looked out onto a roof where we told told a peacock may visit for an hour or so. The room was quite small and chilly and reminiscent of the inside of a static caravan. The bathroom has obviously been added in and was small bit ok although the window was all taped up with black gaffer tape. We were told dinner would be served until 7pm and asked if we would like breakfast so she would know whether to get up or not and we're only offered a continental option if we did. We headed off to the bar area which for me was like stepping back in time. It was very dated, old furniture and the dining area was dark and dingy and not particularly welcoming. The toilets downstairs had the same tiles in as my parents house had 30+ years ago and I suspect they were the same age. For dinner I had scampi and chips and husband had chilli, both were fine. Other residents came in after the 7pm deadline but were offered evening meals and asked whether they would like continental or full cooked breakfasts. Bed was really comfortable but walls seemed a bit thin as could hear next door. Didn't opt for breakfast and as we left were told they are trying to sell the place. I felt this was an excuse for the place seeming a little rundown and being slightly inadequate. Didn't feel it was worth what we paid for it, wouldn't recommend it or stay again, sorry.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Emma Y
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stopped off here for a meal and ended up being quite ill for a few days the place is dirty,sticky tables and has a strange sewage smell inside and staff are very rude giving small rural friendly Scottish pubs a very bad name(the staff aren't Scottish) please do yourself a favour and drive the few extra miles to Stirling to a proper run establishment

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank Santacruz2013
tweedette, Guest Relations Manager at Carronbridge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

You have never stayed here or visited here, why lie?, you are local, friend of nicnoc and benmag by any chance - sad.