“Enjoyed the stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Really nice rooms and nice breakfast. The location was convenient for the business trip. I have to write 200 characters, so I hope this third sentence will help me reach that minimum amount of characters. I really do not want to write a novel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamara H
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.I also want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hampton Inn in Hazard, Kentucky has an automatic edge – there really isn’t much choice in hotels in the area. We have stayed there for years, and have been happy with it a majority of the time. It is clean, and the workers there are overall very friendly. However, since we have been staying there for such a long time, we have been able to see a disappointing decline in some odd areas. Primarily, the services there have become pared down to an unfortunate extent.

The first odd example was the addition of numerous Diamond Member parking spaces. Not one, or two, but five parking spaces devoted to the chain’s diamond members. In a large city, with a huge parking lot, this may be completely normal. However, the hotel has about 27 prime spaces along the front. The rest are a considerable walking distance from the entry. They are rarely filled – and we actually watched workers getting out of a vehicle parked in a space at one point. Of the remaining spaces, four are handicapped. Maybe it’s nitpicking, but it seems odd that the hotel serves more diamond members than those with disabilities.

Then there are the housekeeping services. The hotel itself IS actually super-clean. The staff are very friendly. But don’t expect your room to be serviced if you have a “do not disturb” sign posted on the door past 9:00am. On holiday weekends, it’s even worse. You will get a note that says there will be no servicing to the room unless requested.

The pool area rarely stocks enough towels, if any.

I swear there must be people in the area that come in and steal their cookies. They watch the cookies like hawks. I have honestly never had a similar experience – definitely not in the Doubletrees or other Hampton Inns that offer the service. We usually don’t even get them, and maybe it’s just us, but we have definitely noticed it several times with ourselves and others.

The newest cutback appears to be the newspapers. We were in the lobby by 9:00 two mornings in a row on the weekend. All the newspapers were taken. We were told that the hotel has cut back on the newspaper service on the weekends, and only orders a few. This makes little sense, as this should be the busy period. It really is a sad example of some corner-cutting in areas that had made the hotel more than the ONLY choice, but the BETTER choice in Hazard, at one point in time.

I would recommend the hotel. For the most part, and for now, it is a decent place to stay. Hopefully the recent decline isn’t ongoing. Hopefully we will continue to choose to stay because we WANT to, not because we HAVE to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I'm sorry that your most recent experience saw a decline in our accommodations. We strive to give our guests the best possible experience and I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations. Most of these changes were out of our hands but we take responsibility for them. The employees' are formally instructed to park on the opposite end of the hotel and we will look into who may have disregarded this policy. We hope that your next stay finds you back at the Hampton Inn here in Hazard and if there is anything we can do to better accommodate your stay please don't hesitate to contact me or any member of our staff.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

great hotel, staff is wonderful, site is clean, room is clean, AC/heat work well and quite. there is not a lot of road noise and hotel is quiet during late hours. Breakfast is a nice warm meal not just continental. I really like the breakfast to go bag. Wonderful perk and great idea from whomever at Hampton that came up with the idea. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your comfortable, quiet stay. Our team wants to exceed your expectations when it comes to the accommodations and it sounds like we did this time! We're glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast and our breakfast to go bags. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My daughter lost her rings at the pool. Staff worked very hard to find them. They checked the pool filters, vacuums, and trash. Rings were mailed to us 2 days later. My daughter was sure she would never see the rings again. One belonged to her deceased Grandmother, the other was her 96 yr old Grandmothers wedding ring.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I am so happy your rings were found and returned to you. I feel i have a top-notch staff who are very honest. It is so great seeing such positive feedback.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

the staff was prompt and very welcoming. the continential breakfast is superb and a good variety of choices. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The only negative to this hotel is the internect. If you are relying on the internet to get work done, I wouldn't advise it.

Hi
I want to say "Thank You" for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear you had problems with the internet. We are in the process of working on this issue and this should be better for your next stay.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel seems brand new. The desk clerks were very helpful in helping me figure out how to get to the surrounding county seats for business. The indoor pool and hot tub were great and there is an Applebees directly next door, easy and safe to walk to.

1  Thank Jacqueline W
mary c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It is always nice hearing how helpful my staff is.The hotel is around 11 years old but we have done updates and re-model over the past year.We do value you and all our guest. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Wonderful accommodation . The hotel was nice, the staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and extremely clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were soft . Nice large flat screen with several channels and movie options. Relax and enjoy free wi-fi.

Room Tip: King non smoking.