“terrible service”

Americas Best Value Inn Hazard
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Hazard
Reviewed 26 November 2009

you cant get housekeeping to clean your room. plus the rooms are filthy to begin with. as for service try to get them to bring towels or soap to your room well if you wait for it it will never happen. free internet, thats a joke it never works.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 November 2007

Stayed in Hazzard for a Geo Caching Event put on by the Tourist Board of Perry Co. This hotel gave us a good rate and now I know why. The place is a dump. Needs updating bad!! Very run down and dirty. This place charged me double I stayed 2 nights and they charged me for 4 nights and I still have not gotten my money back. I have called many times and get the run around. I have proof that I was double billed. I had to call Days Inn Corp. offices to try and get my money back. Next I guess I'll call the local police and file a complaint with them. If in Hazzard KY. don't stay here.....

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Katykle
Reviewed 26 July 2007

We called and reserved two rooms, attending a family funeral, on 7/23 and 7/24. We opened the door to the first room, and the carpet stains were nauseating. There were 2 foot wide swaths of spills of some sort, vomit, urine, anyone's guess. The two chairs had the same kind of stains, and we would not have touched them. We were given another room, and this turned out to be a handicap accessible. The carpet was dark, so some of the stains above were not quite as obvious, but it had not been cleaned. The chairs were the same as in the other room. The second room assigned had chairs so dirty that we asked for towels to cover them before we could sit down. Cold water, even after running for 10 minutes. Went to Walmart for Lysol and shower shoes. When housekeeping removed dirty towels, did not leave a clean bathmat for our next cold bath. Would NEVER stay there again, and I do no know how they get by inspections.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 16 September 2006

We were on a road trip in Kentucky and stopped for the night in Hazard. We were excited to find an Applebees and a Hampton Inn out there in the Boonies....it seems to be a poor, mountain village. The Hampton Inn was full, but a nice manager at Applebees. directed us up the hill and around the way to the Days Inn. The other choices in town were two run down Mom and Pop places that were "not recommended" We don't really like Days Inns, but this one was perhaps better than most. It was clean, the bath water hot, the bed comfortable, and the staff friendly. Not too bad for a "Crash and Dash" experience. Wouldn't want to do an extended stay.

We didn't have any problems with the room except we finally had to turn the air off to reduce the noise so we could sleep. They offer a continental breakfast, but just grab some coffee and go find a restaurant. I haven't seen a Days Inn yet that you'd want to waste your time staying around for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank LadyLiz
A TripAdvisor Member
Kentucky
Reviewed 15 March 2006

I stayed here while in Hazard for work. I cannot recommend this place. The rooms were dirty and the maintenace was terrible. Among the problems encountered by guests while I was there: cockroaches and showers with no hot water. Also, some of our group had to go to another motel because this one claimed they did not room for all of us. However, they later billed my employer for several rooms that were never reserved by us and not used. The management and staff are at best unprofessional. In some cases, they were just plain rude. This motel apparently draws a rough crowd as well. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a parking lot brawl. I will never stay in this motel again.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 11 February 2006

Hotel had no real continental breakfast that it said it did. Sometimes rooms had microwaves and refridgerators, sometimes they didn't. That was kind of strange. Beds were not very comfortable but choose this hotel over the Hazard Hotel and the SUper 8 hotel if you cannot get into the Hampton Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2005

This is a nice, clean, economical travel hotel. There's nothing fancy but it's well run and a good bargain. Our room had a microwave and a small refrigerator, which was extremely convenient for us, a terrific feature considering we only paid around $50 per night for the room. The front desk clerks were very friendly; the coffee in the lobby was surprisingly good. The maids were helpful and courteous. The bedding was clean and fresh but not of the greatest quality -- thin sheets and a cheap quilted bedspread. We requested extra pillows and that helped a little. They should try to upgrade the bedding in this hotel; it's the only real weak point. All in all, this is a modest hotel but a good deal for the money. Within walking distance of the hotel is a restaurant called Cliff Hagen's steakhouse. We ate there twice and it was excellent -- delicious ribeye steaks and a fresh, interesting salad bar (they make their own macaroni salad, potato salad, and salad dressings).

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank bosmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazard
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 5 in Hazard
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hazard
American Elite Inn Hazard
Buckhorn Lake State Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Hazard

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hazard? Share your experiences!