“Always a value!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hebron
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Country Inn and Suites, Hebron KY, has always been a great value for the money. It is always our choice of accommodations when we decide to overnight in the Greater Cincinnati area. Professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff make the stay a good experience (especially the young lady caring for the breakfast area - she keeps it clean and well-stocked and is very friendly).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
CVGSF, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are always happy to hear feedback.

Our entire staff works very hard to make every stay an enjoyable one! Maribel works incredibly hard in breakfast and I will make sure to share your comments with her!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great hospitality crew, very friendly and accomodating. We use this hotel while visiting family in Kentucky at Easter Time. The rooms are updated and clean. It is a decent breakfast and yummy cookies. Beds were comfortable and facility was family friendly.

Room Tip: close to Airport and Cincinnati, Ohio! Suggestion would be to ask for no smoking room if that is im...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We really enjoy hearing when our guests come back and have positive experiences!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was there for one night before an early flight. Desk staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Only ding on cleanliness was a stain on the ottoman. Bed and the rest of the room was spotless. My flight left before the airport shuttle started and before breakfast so I can't say anything about them, but at least it's offered! Real convienent to the airport and rental car return. Would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

We certainly enjoy hearing when a guest has had a good stay! Comments from guests help us grow and improve.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is minutes from the airport and the shuttle service is very quick. Their hot tub was immaculate -I've never seen one that clean. The room was comfy with a microwave, fridge and plenty of towels. Most impressive were the incredibly friendly, intelligent and helpful staff. Thank you Cathy Cryder and Celestine Kamau for your assistance and hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2013

Cathy, Celestine and our entire staff work hard to make every stay enjoyable and I will certainly share your comments with them!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We used our Club Carlson points for two nights while visiting family in Kentucky. After a 12 hour drive, we ready for some rest.
Great location, close to highway. I was expecting more business clientele but surprised at check in. Several families with young children were there the same time that we were there over Labor Day weekend. We were traveling with our three children. Upon check-in, the clerk gave us a list of restaurants. We decided to get Jet's Pizza and had it delivered. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Only complaint with the pool was the strong chlorine smell. We showered and got ready for bed. On every pillow case there was marks, looked like ink pen marks. It was late and we just sucked it up and went to bed.
The following day we had the breakfast buffet, it was very crowded. It was about 8am. There was a decent selection: oatmeal, yogurt, eggs [something looking like eggs) bagels, muffins. We headed out after breakfast and didn't return until 9pm.
I was very disappointed when we got back to our room. The dirty towels that we left on the floor was the only thing I noticed that was removed from the room! The pizza boxes and trash was not removed. Beds not made. No clean towels left. I scratched my head and made do for the night.
The following morning the breakfast was crowded and we were ready to get home, especially after coming back to a dirty room. At check out I informed the clerk. Her response was 'Did you notify housekeeping? ' Ummmm, no was my response because it was late and normally housekeepers aren't there that late. The clerk did apologize but after that we hit the road for home.Other then the lack of housekeeping the second night and the pen marked pillows, no issues.

• Stayed: August 2013

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. I will personally look into the issues you experienced and make the necessary adjustments to ensure this doesn't happen again. We always welcome guest feedback, both positive and negative and view it a as a way to help improve our business.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is not an area to stay in for the view, but the price was right. The facility is nice enough, rooms very adequate for an overnight stay, and the desk personnel, upon arrival and when departing, were friendly. Clean, that's always important. Pool looked clean too, but we didn't use it. I can't say if the structure is less sturdily built, or if the guests in the room above us were, shall we say heavyweight, but when they walked to and fro in their room our ceiling danced. Continental breakfast was, unfortunately, what you'd expect--nothing to set it apart. All in all though, an adequate place to stay for a decent price (under $80), if you're passing through.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for comments, especially about breakfast. I will definitely look into ways to make our breakfast stand out and certainly appreciate the input!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed for 5 days at the end of June. Smooth check-in and check-out. Door to our room was ajar upon our arrival (apparently they do this on purpose?) so we spent the first few minutes checking under beds and behind shower curtains to ensure there were no hidden intruders. Room was clean and housekeeping services were good (I thought). There were lots of choices each day for breakfast. The hotel is conveniently located next to the highway, though unfortunately there are no stores/restaurants within walking distance. There are laundry facilities (two washers/two dryers) on the first floor, which was very helpful given the length of my stay. No in-room safe so I opted to take my valuables on the road with me each day. Upon check-out, I felt quite positive about the hotel overall.

A couple of days later, I realized that I had left two brand new/never worn bathing suits in one of the dresser drawers. I contacted the hotel, hoping the items had been turned into the 'lost and found', and offered to pay the cost of having the items mailed back to me. Unfortunately, I waited two weeks for a response from the site manager; by then, I had come to terms with the likelihood that someone affiliated with the hotel was now rockin' the bathing suits (as I had hoped to do later in my vacation). The manager simply said that my concern would be forwarded to the appropriate "department head", who would then review with staff. No apologies. I would have been content with something as simple as, "We regret that this happened."

Perhaps there is an assumption in certain hospitality industry circles that any items left behind by guests are 'up for grabs'. But as I explained to the hotel, the "finders keepers" rule only applies when you do not know (or have any way of finding out) the identity of the item's owner, and in this case, they knew not only my name, but my phone number, email address and mailing address as well. Ideally, the employee who found the items would have turned them in at the front desk within a few hours of my check-out, then the hotel would have called me and I would have returned to pick them up (as I was still in the area for the rest of the day). But that did not happen. I take responsibility for leaving the items behind, but it is really unfortunate that the items never reached the lost and found. I tipped the housekeeping staff each day, so it is even worse to know that my belongings simply disappeared. I just keep reminding myself to be thankful that I did not leave behind something of substantial value...though I really did like those bathing suits.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LinFeins
kjbennett, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear "LinFeins"
Thank you for posting your review on our property. I sincerely apologize for not responding your you comments sooner and for the issues that you had during your stay. I was not aware of the issues until seeing them here. I have been trying to locate your profile/folio on our system so that I could contact your directly however I have not been able to locate it based on the little information provided here. If you could please contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss and remedy the situation I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards
Karen Bennett
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport-North
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport
Cincinnati Airport Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport
Quality Inn and Suites
Quality Inn and Suites
#6 of 9 in Erlanger

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport? Share your experiences!