“Good food, inconsistent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tokyo Teppanyaki

Ranked #9 of 80 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Evansville IN
“Good food, inconsistent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here three times, only once have I been happy with food, service and wait time. The chef was very entertaining, wait reasonable and all three times the habachi food has been yummy. Generous portions and spiced right. The other times the wait for a chef once seated at a table was so long, and it made it worse that we saw a table served that were seated long after we were.

1 Thank ValerieJason

Henderson
“Teppanyaki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Happy to have a Teppanyaki in our small town. Food was excellent. Love the show of cooking on the grill.

Visited August 2013
Missouri
“Great experience with a large group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We dined at Tokyo Teppanyaki for a family member's birthday. There were about 18 people in our group which included infants, toddlers and children. We were quickly seated as soon as we had all arrived. Our drink orders were taken and after giving us a little time to look at the menu, our orders were taken. I do wish there had been a little more explanation about the menu offerings. But there was just as much detail as similar restaurants.

Our soup and salads were quickly served. The dressing on the salad was a bit like honey mustard and the broth in the soup was a bit richer than what I have had in similar restaurants. Because our group was large, we had 2 cooks. Both were entertaining, engaging with the group and great with the kiddos. The food was much better than I expected. Between us all, we ordered sushi, steak, shrimp, scallops and chicken. It was all cooked well and the rice, veggies and noodles were too.

At the end of the meal, the birthday boy was given a fried ice cream treat.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank eatatmidnight
“Tired of giving them opportunities to disappoint...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

This restaurant has been a complete let down on several occasions. Poorly staffed. Had a 2 hour wait from the time I was seated. Staff was under educated about the menu. Manager charged me full price for substituting to miso soup which is absurd. I would stay away until an "under new management" sign appears.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent japanese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at several Japanese restaurants and this one had the best fried rice I've ever eaten. Gave you a choice of fried rice or noodles which was nice had filet mignon and shrimp. Very yummy.

Visited April 2013