“A night on the town”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Henderson, Kentucky
“A night on the town”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

My husband and i went there for a "retreat". We just needed a night to ouselves away from worries and work and family. The mangment was amazing. They were very helpful and freindly. We got the room the day aftrer valentines. The location was great!! right on the strip. next to all the restaraunts and a bar right across the street! everything we could have asked for. When time came to check out we gathered our things and turned in our room key. When we got home we realized that we forgot our cell phone charger. I called management at the hotel and they were gracious enough to hold on toit for me until i was able to pic k it up that afternoon! they were wonderfull and friendly and it couldn't have been better!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmayo0002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lawrenceburg, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I've stayed at this hotel two times while on business in Evansville. Both times the same friendly young man greeted me at the desk, and recognized me from months before. Check-in was efficient. The rooms are basic comfort, nothing fancy. The non-smoking rooms have a weak scent of having once been smoking but not intolerable. The plumbing in the bathroom worked fine, but was a bit dated. The hotel is convenient to many chain restaurants, and is just minutes across the Ohio River from Evansville.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AldenS19
nashville, tn
Reviewed 16 January 2009

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by a friendly smile.
I had originally requested a non smoking king room. When I arrived I noticed pictures of several Jacuzzi Suites. After asking about them, I just had to indulge. I am so glad I did!
If I hadn't had to return home the next day for a meeting, I would have definitely stayed again. I give this motel 2 thumbs up!

• Liked — The room was very clean and a friendly staff which is a rare find anymore.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Illinois US
Reviewed 13 January 2009

I can't recall ever staying at a Super 8. If this motel is any indication of the condition of other Super 8's, I doubt that I will ever stay at another one.

First of all, the motel is advertising itself as an extended stay. With this being the case, your fellow guests are not travelers...they are workers who get in late and leave early.
The condition of the motel was old, run down and in dire need of cleaning. The beds seemed clean and I searched for anything crawling or hairs before laying my head down. If you look at areas in the room that don't get a lot of traffic, you will find dirt. Lots of it.

The bathroom had mold growing. The newest and nicest thing in the room was the mini fridge that worked well and was clean. The TV worked pretty well after I obtained a remote from the front desk. The wi-fi at the property also worked. Front desk people were nice and the small breakfast area was decent enough for the price. If the place was not so run down and in need of repair/cleaning...you could get a decent nights sleep.

• Liked — They accept dogs
  • Disliked — poor maintenance and cleaning
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Henderson hotels

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 9 September 2008

This was a last minute travel decision, it was the first hotel we came to, and stopped in and it was so late we just stayed there. But we had to move rooms once because the sink was leaking so much in one room it as almost flooding the bathroom...the next room we had roaches in the bathroom. This place was horrible.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Ramada Henderson / Evansville
Doubletree by Hilton Evansville
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
Hilton Garden Inn Evansville
#2 of 36 in Evansville

Been to Economy Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!