“Guide was very knowledgeable and fun history ”

Hidden River Cave and American Cave Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take an in-depth look at the fascinating world of caves as you journey through gigantic subterranean chambers made out of limestone.After you explore the underground, try out the aerial view from our new zip-line and rappel! Don't forget our 2 level museum featuring caves.
Huntington, IN
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Guide was very knowledgeable and fun history ”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Has a great history about the town and the cave. Our guide was very knowledgable and helped us learn not only about the hidden river cave but also help us learn what the other caves around the area had to offer. There is a lot of stairs going up and down . All in all it was a great little cave .

“amazing”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I went to hidden river cave in horse cave Kentucky for our honeymoon. All I can say is wow... Not only did we have the time of our lives, but our tour guides showed us 120 percent hospitality. All of the employees were so wonderful. We had the opportunity to join the regular cave tour as well as zip lining and repealing. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we went back the next day to take the adventure tour that lasted about 3 1/2 hours. I would defiantly recommend anyone that wants to have an amazing time and also learn a lot about the natural history of caves go and visit Hidden River Cave in Horse Town Kentucky!!!!! 100 thumbs up!!

Cave City, Kentucky
“My first experience to zip line and rappel”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Zip Line and Rappel adventures are awesome! The guides are so professional, friendly helpful with fun and laughter to take away any fear a person might have. I felt very safe and secure with no doubt about having fun! I will definitely be back and look forward to additional adventures to be added soon. I plan to go on a cave tour in the near future and learn history about the cave system and Horse Cave. I would recommend this experience to people of all ages!

Elkhart, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden River Cave and Staff are AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently visited Hidden River Cave for a caving adventure, we were met by knowledgeable and friendly staff, who loved caving! Went on a three hour cave tour, which turned into a four hour tour because we were having so much fun. Tour was based on our personal preference for activities and locations to explore. We chose extreme caving, and our guide (Gary- who was great), gave us as much as we could handle, and helped us the whole way through. This experience was so personalized, and the best part of our vacation. Avoid Mammoth Cave, save some money, and visit Hidden River Cave!!!

1 Thank Lisa Z
Traverse City, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden River Cave”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My mom and I had the opportunity to go to Hidden River Cave. We went on a rainy day and had a great chance to see the ebb and flow of water through the cave, it was a very exciting experience and we had a great time. Clayton our guide was awesome and knowledgeable about the cave and the history here, you can tell he is passionate about conserving the caves. You will not be disappointed if you get the chance to go.

Visited March 2014