“A bright spot along I-65”

Knights Inn Horse Cave
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Horse Cave
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Hotel sits just off the Horse Cave interchange and is a bright spot on that side of the highway amidst an older hotel, gas station, etc. The Hampton Inn hotel sits back from the roadway and is nicely landscaped with plenty of available parking. The front desk clerk was friendly and though I had arrived without a reservation, very quickly took my information and assigned a nice room, a comfortable bed with sparkling white Duvet sheets and comforter. The hotel sports a large heated indoor pool with doors to an outdoor patio. A fitness room adjoins the pool area also. The Lobby is huge and where the complimentary breakfast is available. Various table heights and chairs are available as well as wide screen TV. A full breakfast was enjoyed with coffee to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill70-54

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We chose this location due to proximity to our daughter's wedding, and to be honest, weren't expecting much. In fact, we were (okay, mostly I was) prepared to grin and bear it for two nights. Front desk staff (wish I had taken their names) were very friendly, and check-in was very quick and easy. The room was very clean and the furniture was in very good condition. The air conditioner was very quiet. There was a Post-It note on the bed letting us know that the sheets and duvet covers are changed every day (what a concept!). There were plenty of towels for the two of us (some hotels skimp on this). The free breakfast had the usual choices, and there were several different coffee choices available. Checkout was a breeze, and we were offered coffee to take with us on our way out. We will definitely stay there again when we visit the newlyweds!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel itself was fine, but it was not the friendliest staff ever. Breakfast was okay but not as good as some Hamptons. Because of its proximity to Mammoth Cave National Park, the location was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The room was nice and clean. It also smelled very fresh. My stay was business related and the staff was very efficient when I checked in and out. The breakfast was fine. It saves me time before going to my customer. I was placed on the intersate side of the hotel and the road traffic kept me awake.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2013

After spending an evening there while driving through KY, the only recommendation I could make to the management was to have the air vents vacuumed. Other than that, I found nothing wrong -- good job Hampton Inn! ( and the pricing is better than in the larger cities nearby).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very helpful front desk staff. Room was somewhat run down and in need of repair. Room was, however, clean and comfortable. Breakfast options and quality was perfectly fine, though I was in a hurry to leave and didn't ear there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We only spent one night here, but I'm a very fussy guest. This hotel was CLEAN all the way through. The towels smelled clean, the sheets were clean and best of all, the bathroom was mold free. The free breakfast in the morning was very nice with waffle irons, bacon and plenty of yoghurt to satisfy any hungry early morning risers. Front desk clerk was cute and friendly. We stayed at the Hampton because it was so close to the Mammoth Cave Park. Next time, we'll take a little more time and rent bikes at the Park in addition to seeing the caves.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Horse Cave? Share your experiences!