“Pleasantly Surprised”

Oak Tree Inn - Irvine
Oak Tree Inn - Irvine
Ranked #3 of 3 Irvine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2009

When discovering at the last minute my brother was racing in the Mopar Southern Classic in Clay City, Ky; I began trying on a Friday evening to get a reservation for Saturday night. After reading a couple of reviews about Oak Tree, I naturally tried every other place I could find in that area but everything was booked. Reluctantly, I called the Motel and found a room for the night and the rate was really reasonable. My thinking was: anything that 'cheap' must be a real dump, but we had no other option, and after all, "Its only one night"
WAS I SURPRISED. The staff was cheerful and friendly. The room was immaculate and well furnished. The bed was comfortable, there was a built in compact refridgerator/ freezer (with individual compartment doors), full sized microwave oven, coffee pot with a variety of servings to choose from, a recliner (that actually reclined!), the TV had 99 channel cable including HBO. Although the actual bathroom was very small, it was spotless and the housekeeping staff even left little towel models of some kind of critter (I think a rabbit) but I thought that was a very personal touch and certainly not expected in this small Inn located in a such a small town.
The only negative about our stay was housekeeping knocked on the door before we were up and dressed , but I'm sure that must have been an office error.
Loved this place. Will go back, and hope all my friends will do the same.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thelmajd123

Reviewed 10 October 2009

This is not the place to stay if you're looking for concierge service.

It is simple and clean. Good but not exceptional rooms.

Good family restaurant across the street and lots of nearby fast food.

A waypoint, not a destination.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
anon
Reviewed 20 December 2003

Needs competition. A suite or two would be nice. Some staff are crude.
It's a shame there is nowhere else to stay in that little town. A bed
and breafast would be nice.
//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\///\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed 6 December 2003

I have stayed in this hotel MANY times, more than I can count due to the fact that the majority of my family is from Irvine. I have never had any problems with the staff or the rooms. Compared to the only other hotel that I know of in Irvine this hotel is a blessing. We used to stay in Richmond and make the drive everyday while visiting. It's not the most luxurious place to stay but it's clean and convienent if you need to stay in Irvine.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2003

A cousin had to stay here in an emergency situation - a single woman in her sixties - who had unexpectedly been stranded - she was without funds as her wallet had been stolen, so I arranged to pay for the room over the phone with my charge card (I live over 10 hrs away) - the owner Jay (?) and was rude and abusive to her. He did not provide any housekeeping services fir the first 2 days (she stayed 4 days. The web site and room were posted noon checkout, when she asked for a late checkout - just an hour or two as someone from out of state was driving there to pick her up,- he adamently refused. When I called on her behalf he became verbally abusive and then insisted that checkout was at 11 not noon as posted and if she stayed one minute after noon he would charge my account for another night. I have stayed in hotels all over the country - and have never encountered a situation like this in my life. This man does not belong in the "hospitality" business. I am not a regular complainer - Note that I have had an Am Express account for over 25 years and for the first time I have disputed a charge - prompted by his outrageous attitude and actions.

12  Thank mfon11

Been to Oak Tree Inn - Irvine? Share your experiences!