“Girls Weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Irvine
Snug Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Irvine B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Girls Weekend”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Each year my mother treats us girls to a Girls Weekend. This was our second stay at Snug Hollow. Barbara's organic farming and cooking is fantastic, you could not ask for better meals. We stay in the Cozy Cabin that has the perfect porch for bird watching and reading and relaxing. My sisters and I also take the opportunity to hike the well marked trails and experiece the wild "holler". Great weekend. Barabara, Olivia, Hillary and all the rest of the girls provide a warm and comforting stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have stayed with Barb twice, both times in the cabin. It is a wonderful getaway -- relaxing, great food, plenty of room to ram and getaway. Barb treats you like family while you are there. We have visited spring and summer, we plan to see it fall and winter sometime!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon T
Aurora
Reviewed 6 May 2013

What a slice of heaven this place is! This was my first visit to Snug Hollow on a trip planned by my friend Angela. Seven girls on a fun filled getaway weekend! We stayed in the original cabin, a cozy home away from home. It was the perfect place to unwind, drink a few glasses of wine, share great tales from our past and have loads of laughs! Highlights of our trip include an afternoon at Keeneland to take in the horse races and test our wagering luck, a stop for dinner at Hanger's Restaurant in Richmond on the way (fabulous), invigorating morning hikes on the trails at Snug Hollow, hunting for agate and other stones in the stream, plentiful and luscious meals prepared by host Barbara and her staff, a jaunt to nearby Tater Knob and Turning Wheel pottery makers, a cozy night's rest on our last night with the sound of spring rain pitter-pattering on the tin roof above and a final stop at Jean Farris winery in Lexington. Whether you want to fill the weekend with lots of activity or just laze around and enjoy this little paradise in a rocking chair on the porch, Snug Hollow fills the bill. Thank you Barbara and staff for an absolutely lovely weekend! We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CGirlAurora
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've stayed at Snug Hollow three times now and look forward to a return trip sometime soon. The first trip was an overnight stay in the Cozy Cabin with a group of business associates. Had a wonderful time and a productive meeting the following day. I was so enamoured that I reserved The Pearl room in the main house for myself and my husband for a fall get-a-way. We had a fabulous time in the glorious fall foliage - seeing wild turkeys from our private balcony's porch swing and enjoying a day trip to Tater Knob Pottery and to Richmond to visit our son at EKU. Barb is an amazing hostess and cook - she even managed to get my husband to LIKE brussell sprouts! The third time, I took my Mom for a spring weekend trip and we had a great time - again staying in The Pearl and in taking a day trip to the Red River Gorge. The serene location, the warm hospitality, meeting new friends and enjoying the fabulous food all make Snug Hollow the perfect B&B.

Room Tip: We love The Pearl Room with its private covered porch, rockers and porch swing!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SWHopkins
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Snug Hollow was the perfect spot for a relaxing weekend away with girlfriends......five friends with no agenda. Barbara is the perfect host. Breakfast and dinner were fabulous! We stayed in the Cozy Cabin and checked out the other cabins/rooms plotting our return trip. We hiked the farm, took a short drive to tour Tator Knob Pottery studio and enjoyed talking with the other guests during dinner. It was a fun weekend and we can't wait to return to Snug Hollow!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rhonda f
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My boyfriend took me to Snug Hollow this past Valentine's Day weekend. I had no idea where he is taking me to, and this was beyond my expectations. What an amazing escape from the city.
We had a separate cabin on top of the hill - everything was perfect : spacious house with a fire place.
Barbara is an amazing host and woman, and cooks magnificent vegetarian food.
The best weekend ever.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anastasia S
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I took my my girlfriend to Snug Hollow this past Valentine's Day weekend. I wanted a place I could get away and just focus on "being us". After reading several other reviews on a few websites, I decided to trust the 98% of people who had given Snug Hollow a 4 or 5 star review and booked our weekend in the main house, upstairs in "The Pearl". After staying this weekend it has become evident that we need to do "us" way more often. What a wonderful weekend we had. We were greeted by the host, Barbara, who showed us our room and let us get to bed since we arrived so late(2 am since I had to work late and still drive 7 hours from Alabama) and we awoke in the morning around 9 to the smell of the best pancakes I have honestly ever tasted. We went downstairs and met the other guests and ate a delicious pancake and poached eggs w/ breadcrumbs breakfast. It should be noted that the B & B is vegetarian. Barbara has a wonderful garden where they grow as much of their own food as fresh and tasty as possible. Being a big meat eater I was hesitant on this point but I can truthfully say I didn't even notice the meat's absence. Barbara's food is so full of flavor and well planned that I forgot there was no meat on my plate until it was empty and at that time I realized there was no food on my plate. Luckily, Barbara or one of the other ladies were quickly there to give me seconds or top off my glass. We spent the day exploring the neighboring town, Berea, which boasts itself as the "Artisan Capitol" of Kentucky and lived up to it's reputation. We stopped at another local shop on the way back to the farm and was even more impressed at this place, Tater Knob(ask Barbara for directions). After another wonderful meal for supper we spent a bit of time chatting with the other guests before retiring upstairs. We played cards and relaxed and enjoyed practicing the "Art of Conversation" which we so sorely have missed. In the morning we had the chance to tour one of the other cabins and we were equally impressed with it. Our only disappointment this week was having to say goodbye. I wish we had at least one more day and preferably a week to just sit, relax and enjoy all the neat intricacies that Snug Hollow had to offer. We will definitely be back again soon to see the wildflowers in bloom this spring!

Room Tip: The Pearl is a large room upstairs with a private balcony and jacuzzi bath. The bath fit two very co...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAS2183
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Boone Tavern Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Berea
La Quinta Inn Richmond
La Quinta Inn Richmond
#4 of 14 in Richmond

Been to Snug Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!