“Absolutely Breathtaking”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Irvine
Snug Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Irvine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a truly lovely Bed & Breakfast! A friend and I went for a girl's getaway and it was ideal! Snug Hollow is just that - a hollow in the middle of almost nowhere and it offers the untouched beauty of Kentucky Appalachia. The main house is built of reclaimed and donated materials and yet it all works - beautifully! We rented the old cabin. It is over 100 years old and manages to combine rustic appeal with updated comfort. The breakfast was one of the best B&B breakfasts I have ever had: warm pastries right out of the oven, fresh fruit with vanilla yogurt, and an egg and cheese frittata. We arranged to eat dinner as well. This was a very good decision! We had a lovely mixed green salad out of the garden, vegetable lasagna and homemade bread with a chocolate tart for dessert. Everything was homemade and handmade right there with much of it coming from the garden and the rest locally sourced. I am a vegetarian and was delighted with the delicious vegetarian fare but my carnivore friend said that the food was some of the best she had ever tasted as well.
As you drive to Snug Hollow, you leave the paved road and pick up a gravel road that literally looks as though you have reached the end of the earth but it is exactly this raw beauty and solitude that allows you to truly unwind. We walked around the property, went up to the pond and listened to the bull frogs, spotted a hawk, red wing blackbirds, blue birds and cardinals and, in the evening, we sat on the porch and saw wild turkeys - amazing!
Barb is a wonderful hostess and takes sustainability seriously. She heats and cooks with wood and there is a note in the cabin bathroom reminding guests to conserve water. My only objection is that there are no televisions at Snug Hollow. While I understand this totally, I am a chronic pain patient and I sleep terribly so I have gotten used to sleeping with a television on. Also, do not expect to get a cell phone signal. But, if you want to truly get away and experience hospitality at it's best, Snug Hollow is definitely the place to go!

Room Tip: The cabin offers wonderful privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Snug Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Cannot say enough about this wonderful B&B. Beautiful setting, wonderful staff and food beyond belief! Will definitely return often to enjoy Barb's culinary magic and to awaken to the sounds of birds, the breeze and the call of the Appalachians. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Room Tip: It's all wonderful...
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Can't say enough good things about this place. Spend a couple days here and you will feel refreshed and revived. My husband and I went for our anniversary and we couldn't have loved it more! We were able to unwind and just be with each other. The food was wonderful as well!!

Room Tip: The Pearl!!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to just CHILL for a week in Kentucky when we found the Snug Hollow Bed and Breakfast. It was wonderful to be in a place where there was no phone ringing and no TV blaring in the background. It was even more satisfying to be able to sit on the porch and experience bullfrogs and crickets sounds, lightning bugs and the setting sun. The meals were the best kept secret, however! Although we are not vegetarians by nature, Barb and her staff presented us with delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, that were all meat free. We never went to bed hungry and we will be returning to "The Sweetie" as soon as possible.

Room Tip: The two rooms in the Main Cabin were very spacious for a couple.
1  Thank Beth K
Reviewed 29 June 2014

That atmosphere at Snug Hollow is peaceful and lovely. In addition, Barbara is an amazing hostess. Snug Hollow Farm is beautiful and allows for an escape from the every day stresses and noise of life. The meals are also delicious. It is also a place to form long lasting friendships, as I have met some very cool people there. Snug Hollow is a great place to visit and reconnect to oneself and to nature. I have included some photos I took while visiting as well.

April Ballard Warren

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a part of the Center for International Education from Berea College, I participated at a luncheon at Snug Hollow Farm Bed and Breakfast. From the moment I approached the Snug Hollow Farm, I felt the tranquility of the place and I started to enjoy the magical comforting atmosphere. I fell in love with the spectacular rustic beauty, the calamity of the area, and, of course, the tasty homemade food. I enjoyed a delicious fresh salad with spaghetti and, for desert, I had ice-cream with delectable jam. The staff members were extremely friendly and welcoming. It was an excellent experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I spent several nights here in May. The place is fairly secluded with no TV, Wi-Fi and at least for me no cell coverage. Therefore this makes it a great place to disconnect.
The place is located on a couple hundred acres so you can hear wild life (coyotes howling at night) instead of cars. Breakfast was wonderful. We had dinner there several nights. Barbara and her staff were wonderful hosts. We really enjoyed the wonderful conversations with the other guests. Overall a great place to stay and unwind.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Boone Tavern Hotel
Halcomb's Knob Bed & Breakfast
Pinnacle View Inn
Pinnacle View Inn
#1 of 4 in Berea

Been to Snug Hollow Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!